PDA

View Full Version : LMoP "Lightbringer"

bongobenny
July 11th, 2015, 02:51
Is "Lightbringer" a ready-to-equip weapon? Can it be simply dropped on a character and used? I just added it onto a test character I have an it has a to hit but not a damage value.

Also, when your players have used it do you just remember it's extra d6 damage when lit? That seems like the easiest way to handle it.

kylania
July 11th, 2015, 15:47
Sadly no, it's not even properly configured as the base weapon. Luckily you can drag it over to Items in your campaign and fix it!

You should be able to make a conditional effect (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Conditional_Operators) you can apply to your character which will do the undead damage like this:

IFT: TYPE(undead); DMG: 1d6 radiant

But I can't for the life of me get it to work! It keeps applying the damage no matter the target type (testing with a zombie and a bandit) as if the TYPE isn't working. It also triggers on any weapon, so you gotta watch that.

Magical items are in a sorry state at the moment. Some in the PotA have their info panels linked to the non-existent DMG module and almost none are properly configured as the weapons they should be.

Moon Wizard
July 11th, 2015, 18:54
The conditional effects are only available in the beta v3.1.2 currently.

Regards,
JPG

kylania
July 11th, 2015, 21:22
That's why it worked at work but not at home! Good to know, looking forward to those features.

bongobenny
July 12th, 2015, 05:58
Thanks all!

Fenris4024
October 17th, 2015, 18:00
Necro'ing this, but is this now an available feature? Still unsure of how all the effects work thus far.... for example, Mage Armor when I click the effect, doesn't apply to a character, etc..... HALP

kylania
October 17th, 2015, 18:26
The IFT works now, yes. The Mage Armor is slightly more difficult since it adjusts the base AC and doesn't just add to it. So that you'd want to adjust manually. Or just manually add this as an effect to fake it: AC: 3

Fenris4024
October 17th, 2015, 21:20
Yeah, for MArmor I just ended up inputting it as a permanent bonus on our game's warlock, since she has it as an at-will. If I was building Lightbringer from scratch (or something similar) where would I input the IFT stuff in the item fields?

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2015, 06:18
I took a look at this tonight on v3.1.3.

IFT and TYPE
With v3.1.3, any comma separated entries in the TYPE parentheses are treated as OR elements logically. (Ex: IFT (dragon,giant) means if the target is a dragon or a giant).

If you need to do "evil outsider" for example, you'll need to chain the IFT entries. (IFT: TYPE(outsider); IFT: TYPE (evil); ...)

The following effect was working as expected:
"Bane; IFT:TYPE(outsider); ATK:2 enhancement; DMG:2d6"
I tried dropping on humans/trolls (not triggered) and angels/demons (triggered).

And this one too:
"Bane; IFT:TYPE(outsider); IFT: TYPE(evil); ATK:2 enhancement; DMG:2d6"
Did not trigger on angel and did trigger on demon.

Perhaps this was addressed with v3.1.3 patch already. Let me know more if not.

IFT and DMGTYPE
These two clauses will not work together currently. It requires extra coding to adapt for the fact that a single damage roll can be applied to multiple targets. This is handled for DMG/DMGS already, but not for DMGTYPE. Is there a particular spell or effect that triggers like this? (I like having examples so I can make sure it works for those specific cases when I have a chance to tackle.)

Thanks,
JPG

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2015, 08:18
Thanks for looking into this one.

In terms of regression:

Bane; IFT:TYPE(outsider); ATK:2 enhancement; DMG:2d6"

The ATK bonus is still being ignored on all targets whether or not the type matches. (Bug)

Question Re: Implementation for checking multiple types, like evil outsider:
(IFT: TYPE(outsider); IFT: TYPE (evil); ...)

Wouldn't it be simpler to use a + or & symbol for the AND operator, and simplify the syntax, given that a comma is the OR operator? Why the need for nested and more complicated parser handling for the AND case?

A spell that changes the damage type of existing weapon entries is Align Weapon (Cleric 2).

And, with an effect like: Align Weapon; DMGTYPE:good

...it is not working even without IFT. I guess technically, you don't need IFT for that one, since it is a global change.

Oh...wait a second...it works if the target only has 1 type of DR. Just did more testing...it looks like there is a bug with multiple DR types. So...if a creature's stat block says "DR:15 cold iron and good," (a tough opponent) DMGTYPE:cold iron and good does nothing. So...there seems to be a syntax anomaly/bug. The or case seems to be working ok. "DR:5 cold iron or evil" lets either damage type through.

Another possibility on the spell/ability side for selective DMGTYPE/DR interaction might be Paladin smite damage when other non-smite DR enemies are present. The IFT statement would change the damage type for the smite target, since smite is automatically supposed to bypass DR. However, if there are other DR-capable foes nearby (non-smite), the damage should not bypass their DR, since they were not the declared targets of smite (or maybe not evil).

Regardless of the target, smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess...If the paladin targets a creature that is not evil, the smite is wasted with no effect.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2015, 09:57
Are you two guys talking about the same ruleset?

In 5e this works perfectly IFT: TYPE(undead); ATK:2; DMG: 2d6

If I add 'enhancement' after the ATK then it doesn't work, but that would be because as far as I know there's no such modifier as 'enhancement' in 5e - or I could be wrong.

Trenloe
November 8th, 2015, 20:42
Bane; IFT:TYPE(outsider); ATK:2 enhancement; DMG:2d6"

The ATK bonus is still being ignored on all targets whether or not the type matches. (Bug)
Works fine for me in PFRPG 3.1.3:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/PFRPG/Outsider%20type.jpg

Remember, as I mentioned in another thread replying to a similar issue you posted (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26693-PFRPG-IFT-Conditional-effects-issues&p=237336&viewfull=1#post237336), the [EFFECTS +2] is not added to the roll for IFT effects, but it is taken into account in the hit/miss reporting.

HoloGnome
November 8th, 2015, 23:11
Oh yeah - I may have forgotten that when doing my quick testing - it was right before a game. Sorry - I'll check it again.

WishX
December 11th, 2015, 21:44
How will this work now that the 5E DM's Guide is out and has the Weapons Forge?

Moon Wizard
December 11th, 2015, 22:25
We're not sure yet. It will require rebuilding the module items for every module already built, so it will be something we will look at going forward.

Regards,
JPG