PDA

View Full Version : Looking to play the scenarios in order from the first onwards

Highrisedrifter
July 10th, 2015, 23:14
Hi folks

I'm a very longstanding GM of three 5e campaigns set in Forgotten Realms (Two offline and one in Roll20, one of which we upgraded from 1st ed to 2nd, 3.5 then 5e) and i've just moved over to FG with a standard license at the moment to run my online games through this. Until very recently, I also ran a Cyberpunk campaign, a V:tM campaign and a live Cyberpunk LARP campaign although these are only on hiatus whilst I focus on work.

The problem is that as a GM, I rarely get the chance to actually play, so I have not yet played HotDQ, LMoP or any of the other 'big' initial scenarios, although I have attended some Adventurer's league game days to play a few of the DDEX1-X and 2-X scenarios.

I'm looking for a player space in an online AL legal Fantasy Grounds game that is playing all the scenarios, in order, from first onwards. My time zone is PST (GMT-8).

Any help gratefully received.

leozelig
July 11th, 2015, 03:23
Talen is doing just that if I understand your post correctly. He ran the first adventure on 7/8, planning to run the next one 7/17, but that game has not officially been announced. See this link:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25017-Taking-Player-Expedition-Requests-and-Season-2-Run-in-Order

Highrisedrifter
July 11th, 2015, 06:42
Thanks leozelig.

That's almost spot on, although i'd like to start from LMOP and HotDQ and move on to DDEX1-x before doing DDEX2-x.

I've done quite a few of them across a few different characters but i'd like to use my level 3 AL-legal Rogue (base Players Handbook rules) and just do them all from start to finish with him (Except DDEX2-8 and DDEX2-10, which I did recently).

Trenloe
July 11th, 2015, 15:36
That's almost spot on, although i'd like to start from LMOP and HotDQ
The full blown campaigns aren't Adventurer's League games. I'd recommend you post in the LFG section and try to find a LMOP game - look around, there are a few being advertised at the moment. Once you're approaching the end of playing that campaign (it will take a while) start looking for a HotDQ game (which you'll more than likely have to start a new character for). Trying to get your whole gaming mapped out through three different campaigns, in order, now is doomed to failure, unless you're very, very lucky.

To avoid disappointment, jump on any Adventurer's League games you can now. They're designed to be played as one shots, although they are story arcs, and so it's rare that you'll find (and be able to fit into a time schedule) of an AL GM going through a complete story arc.

Highrisedrifter
July 11th, 2015, 16:09
Thanks for the info. Not having played the original two campaigns, I wasn't aware. I'd like to play them under Adventurers League conditions though. I shall look out for the games.

Trenloe
July 12th, 2015, 00:40
I'd like to play them under Adventurers League conditions though.
I think you'll be extremely lucky to find this. To the best of my knowledge, LMoP, HotDQ, etc. aren't sanctioned for Adventurer's League play, so the PCs won't get credit for it, etc..

Can I ask: Why do you want to play these non-AL campaigns under AL conditions?

Highrisedrifter
July 12th, 2015, 00:56
Only because I wanted to take a character from those adventures onwards into the DDEX scenarios and the best way to do that legitimately (I thought, but I stand corrected) was to make sure the games are under AL conditions.

I did it with my Wizard, who played a part of LMoP and has now gone on to play a few of the DDEX scenarios and is now in a weekly Encounters PotA game at my LGS and currently sitting at level 7.

But thanks for the info though, I suppose it was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place. :)

Trenloe
July 12th, 2015, 02:59
Looking at more info here: https://dnd.wizards.com/playevents/organized-play LMoP is part of AL, but HotDQ isn't.

Highrisedrifter
July 12th, 2015, 03:03
Looking at more info here: https://dnd.wizards.com/playevents/organized-play LMoP is part of AL, but HotDQ isn't.

Thanks, I never played any AL before moving to the USA and the campaigns i'm running now are ones I first started running in the 70s/80s, with diferent groups, obviously. I did take part in the Raven's Bluff Living City playtest and subsequent games though, through the RPGA.

Now i've found AL, i'm loving the organised play though.

Thanks for the info and link.