PDA

View Full Version : Targetting Enemies on Combat Map

Gicker
July 10th, 2015, 17:33
HI guys,

I'm having some trouble trying to figure out how to target enemies using the tools on the combat map, both for single attacks and for AoEs.

I have no issue dragging the rolls over from the character sheet's action tab, but this doesn't seem to use the built in targeting systems on the map. AoE's are a mystery as well (the thunderweave bard spell comes to mind)

Thanks guys,

Gicker

Nylanfs
July 10th, 2015, 17:45
Are you dragging the tokens over from the combat tracker first?

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2015, 18:17
Gicker. Yes, as Nylanfs says, it is vital that you place your characters onto the map by dragging from the Combat Tracker.

Once you have done that then you can target enemies in a number of ways. You can hold down CTRL and click on the enemy on the map or on the Combat Tracker. This is how you would target multiple targets; just hold CTRL and then click on every target that applies. Then you can roll the attack and damage automatically.

Let us know if this solves your problem.

Griogre
July 10th, 2015, 20:39
Also be aware that if you have your monster's preplaced on a map via an encounter, the monster tokens will already be linked to combat tracker and you won't have to drag it onto the map again.

bnickelsen
July 11th, 2015, 22:27
HI guys,

I'm having some trouble trying to figure out how to target enemies using the tools on the combat map, both for single attacks and for AoEs.

I have no issue dragging the rolls over from the character sheet's action tab, but this doesn't seem to use the built in targeting systems on the map. AoE's are a mystery as well (the thunderweave bard spell comes to mind)

Thanks guys,

Gicker

Same issue here.

Trenloe
July 12th, 2015, 00:31
We need more information from the multiple posters with issues in this thread:

Are you seeing this as the GM or a player?
Have the tokens been added to the map from the relevant PC/NPC entries on the combat tracker. This is key - you will see this mentioned in many, many posts on targeting, targeting won't work using tokens if *any* of the tokens haven't been added to the map from the combat tracker.
Once the tokens have been added to the map by dragging from the entries in the combat tracker, follow the instructions here for targeting: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tokens#Targeting

If steps #2 and #3 in the above don't work, please provide full details of what steps you're carrying out and exactly what doesn't work. Provide a screenshot of the combat tracker and the map where the targeting is being attempted - this will help a lot with debugging your issue. The more information you can provide the better we will be able to help you.

Mavrik6666
July 12th, 2015, 15:01
All works fine for me.. either ctrl+Left click on each target, or the target all enemies, and all allies buttons on the map... all working

Only thing I did notice, as a Player when I target I get a nice line showing me who I targeted, but the DM doesn't see the line... that right?.. if it is, its a pity

Zacchaeus
July 12th, 2015, 15:14
Which line? The DM can see lines to the targets of any NPC that he has selected. Similarly if he mouses over any PC (or indeed any other NPC) he can see the lines for any of that PCs target(s). Which one are you not seeing?

bnickelsen
July 12th, 2015, 17:23
We need more information from the multiple posters with issues in this thread:

Are you seeing this as the GM or a player?
Have the tokens been added to the map from the relevant PC/NPC entries on the combat tracker. This is key - you will see this mentioned in many, many posts on targeting, targeting won't work using tokens if *any* of the tokens haven't been added to the map from the combat tracker.
Once the tokens have been added to the map by dragging from the entries in the combat tracker, follow the instructions here for targeting: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tokens#Targeting

If steps #2 and #3 in the above don't work, please provide full details of what steps you're carrying out and exactly what doesn't work. Provide a screenshot of the combat tracker and the map where the targeting is being attempted - this will help a lot with debugging your issue. The more information you can provide the better we will be able to help you.

This was helpful. no issue, working as expected.