PDA

View Full Version : Transferring a table to my other campaings

Elihu
July 10th, 2015, 10:15
I created my own D&D 5th ed Lingering wounds Table in one of my campaigns now I want to transfer it to my other campaigns without having to re-create it again. Is it possible? if so how? Also if anyone wants to see it or have it can I post it here? IMO My Table is better than the one in the DMG, Because most of the wounds in my table need a short rest and healing both. Thanks.

Nylanfs
July 10th, 2015, 12:04
/export and then select table

Andraax
July 10th, 2015, 14:54
Actually, for a more complete solution (especially if this is something you will be using and maintaining over a number of campaigns):

/export, drag the table(s) you want to share over to the export window, and then save them as a module.
Create a new campaign that you will only use for maintaining the table. Load the campaign, and then open the module you just created.
Drag and drop the table(s) from the module back onto the table window to create a local copy. Close the module.
Go back to the original campaign and delete the tables from that campaign and open the module there. You now have access to the table(s) from the original campaign, but via the module.
Go to any other campaigns you want to use the tables in, and open the module there.

In the future, if you want to change the table, load the new campaign you created to maintain the table(s), make your changes, and do the export again. All campaigns with the module opened will then see the changes the next time you load them.

If you want to share the table(s) with other GMs, just send them the .mod file from your modules directory.

Trenloe
July 10th, 2015, 16:17
Good advice from Andraax above. I have plenty of "module making" campaigns I use to update modules over time.

Also if anyone wants to see it or have it can I post it here?
Only if *all* of the material you include is your own work, you have permission from the copyright owner to share their material or if the material is covered by an Open Gaming Licence (OGL)/community commons licence.

Elihu
July 11th, 2015, 00:33
Wow, thanks for the timely response. The FG community never ceases to amaze me.