PDA

View Full Version : NEW GAME - LFP - D&D5e - Lost Mine of Phandelver 9:30-12pm CT (GMT-6) weekly

FunkyTable
July 10th, 2015, 03:52
We're looking for 2-3 players to join our play through the Lost Mine of Phandelver D&D 5e adventure. I'll be the DM, DoomToaster and Graphanim8r are already signed up, but we need 2-3 more.

I'd like to play once a week or less. Hopefully at least once a month. My wife is a night-shift nurse and so the day that we play will probably be negotiated week to week, but she works 4 nights a week so there will be plenty of flexibility. We get her schedule a month at a time so we'll have time to plan.

We will use Team Speak using Fantasy Ground's server at the Table O' Funk.

Our next day to play will be 7/23/2015 at 9:30

We're looking forward to playing with you.

FunkyTable
July 10th, 2015, 03:56
Oh, and we're playing right now if anyone wants to join :)

vgc1205
July 11th, 2015, 05:23
I'm new to FG but would love to try sometime. When is your next gathering?

Xuub
July 11th, 2015, 18:04
I'd like to play.

DoomToaster
July 11th, 2015, 21:14
That is great to hear =D our next time is as stated the upcoming Thursday the 16th. So if you have a character already made that you want to play awesome, or if you want we can provide you with some pre generated ones. I am DoomToaster I got a spot in the campaign and I am the moderator for our Team speak channel so if you got any questions just let me know =D

Edit:Forgot to add the Team speak server is password protected as well =D

vgc1205
July 11th, 2015, 21:35
Great. I have some pre-generated 1st level characters or a 4th level dwarf cleric I've been playing. What classes are needed in the group? And how do I send it to you ? Again I'm new to FG.
Chris

Taxel62
July 12th, 2015, 17:52
Do you have the Ultimate Version? I only have the trial but I'd still like to play. I've never used FG before.

notanumber
July 12th, 2015, 19:09
I'd love to join as well. I have a full license that I recently picked up. I'm in PDT(-7) so, this time slot is perfect for me.

vgc1205
July 12th, 2015, 20:51
Ok. I have characters to email you. WHo/where am I sending them to? THanks
Chris

DoomToaster
July 13th, 2015, 19:04
Awesome to hear from all of you, and vgc your 1st level characters will be fine to use, and you do not need to worry about sending it to anyone the FG software takes care of everything. As far as characters we already have a Fighter and Cleric. Xuub I hope you are still up for playing with us =D Taxel I am sorry but our DM does not use the ultimate version =(.. And notanumber if you have any characters that you want to use that's great or if you prefer we can provide you with a pre generated character =D Again glad to see some interest in our game =D I look forward to playing with yall

notanumber
July 13th, 2015, 19:42
Excellent. I'm fine with using a pre-gen or creating my own character. Whatever works best. I'm pretty flexible.

Zacharus999
July 13th, 2015, 22:01
I am also interested in playing if you have an additional slot. It looks like you possibly filled the three slots you were looking to fill, but if you can accommodate one more or if you want an alternate, put me on the list.

I'm in the mountain time zone, so this time slot works well for me weekly. I'm fine trying any character (pre-gen or creating my own first level), and am willing to fill any role.

I have team speak loaded and a microphone, and a full FG license. This would, however, be my first game on the new version of Fantasy Grounds, and will be first experience with D&D fifth edition (have plenty of experience with older versions of D&D).

vgc1205
July 13th, 2015, 22:34
Doom- this will be my first time as a player. How do I load up Teamspeak for the first time and make sure I'm set to go?

Zacharus999
July 13th, 2015, 23:27
Directions for loading TeamSpeak and connecting to the Fantasy Grounds Community Server are summarized in this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

FunkyTable
July 14th, 2015, 19:28
Crap, bad news. I misread my wife's schedule. The first day needs to be 7/23/2015 at 9:30 pm. Sorry.

notanumber
July 14th, 2015, 20:08
No worries. Are the pre-gens the ones from the box set? I think they're also on the WotC site. Since I have a bit of time before we play, I think I might try to create my own character. I'm not sure what to play (so many ideas), but I'm thinking a wizard would be fun and it looks like we have an need for one.

If we make our own, are we doing the standard array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8), a 27 point buy, or something else?

lordjeb
July 14th, 2015, 23:38
I would love to get in on this game as well, if you have a spot open. First time playing AL or using FG

vgc1205
July 15th, 2015, 19:04
Being new to FG, I've been browsing the LFG folder on the Forum here and I don't see this game listed FunkyTable. Am I just not seeing it? It's a rambling list and hard to monitor on the game calendar.
Once you are starting it, will we be given the info to log on through FG and find the game?
Thanks
Chris

izera
July 15th, 2015, 23:33
new to FG but not new to DnD, I would be interested in joining if you still have room.

DoomToaster
July 16th, 2015, 02:18
It is great to see so many people interested in our game, and yes if you are given a pre generated character it will be from the box set. We are looking for 5 players at the minimum but of course we would like other people who are interested in playing to join us as well and our DM will let us know what he is looking for. Again if you want to make your own character feel free too =D if we end up with 4 rouges or something I am sure that would just make for an interesting game =D

BranHelsing
July 17th, 2015, 20:29
It looks as though I may be a bit late on the draw, but I'm interested in joining your campaign. I understand there may no longer be space. I've been wanting to try out 5E for some time. Please let me know if there happen to be any vacancies.

NDDracula
July 19th, 2015, 21:29
Well, if you do not have enouphe players or would like alternates, please keep me in mind, I have full license, with all content from fg for 5E, and would like to join in on the game :)

FallenNorth
July 19th, 2015, 21:36
I would also like to be kept in mind. I have the full license, and i have been dying to find a group to play with.

DoomToaster
July 20th, 2015, 21:57
Perfect we have alot of people interested, well first let me say I look forward to playing with y'all and for anyone who is ready to be online for the campaign this Thursday July 23 on Team Speak at 9:30 pm central time. I hope to have an interesting campaign and I hope you are all ready for one as well =D

FunkyTable
July 24th, 2015, 03:08
I couldn't find our table, isn't it Table of Funk?

DoomToaster
July 24th, 2015, 03:15
The Team Speak admins wipe channels periodically so I will remake it at least 15 mins before our campaign time so it will be there dont worry =D
And yes it is called "Table O' Funk"

FunkyTable
July 24th, 2015, 05:53
Next Game Tuesday the 28th 9:30 pm CT. Only three people showed up so we have room for another two if anyone wants to join.

We had fun and we'd love to have you too.

dustyd550
July 24th, 2015, 18:40
*delete please*

JustinFreitas
July 25th, 2015, 14:01
Next Game Tuesday the 28th 9:30 pm CT. Only three people showed up so we have room for another two if anyone wants to join.

We had fun and we'd love to have you too.

I saw this post and almost joined, but figured it would be full. I'll see what I can do about Tuesday... sounds like fun. -J

notanumber
July 28th, 2015, 17:56
Looking forward to the game again tonight. We had a lot of fun last week!

notanumber
July 30th, 2015, 17:48
Can someone remind me when the next game is? I forgot to add it to my calendar. Can't recall if it's next Tuesday or Thursday.

JustinFreitas
July 30th, 2015, 18:08
Can someone remind me when the next game is? I forgot to add it to my calendar. Can't recall if it's next Tuesday or Thursday.

It's Thursday, 9:30pm CDT. See Ya, Justin

PixelComposer
August 2nd, 2015, 19:16
if theres a spot still open let me know. I used FG back when it was still the I'st version.. I've got a month subscription paid for so hopefully If I can find a campaign ill have a reason to keep paying the monthly dues

notanumber
August 7th, 2015, 03:24
We still playing tonight? I don't see our table in Teamspeak.

Zacharus999
August 7th, 2015, 03:32
Justin & Zacharus (myself) are both on. I haven't heard from Funky or Doom Toaster yet

MadBadHare
August 7th, 2015, 04:19
Yeah I was there as well.. The Paladin who likes to lie on the floor and make saves ;)

So here's who was waiting as far as I could tell:
JustinFreitas; Zacharus999; notanumber; Myself (Sprou7)

JustinFreitas
August 7th, 2015, 04:23
Thanks for all the good FG info, Sprou7 and notanumber. When I get that conversion campaign going, I'll touch base to see if you guys are interested!

FunkyTable
August 7th, 2015, 13:56
I'm sorry I didn't post this earlier. I bought Fantasy Grounds and the DnD modules and books to see if I enjoyed it. I learned that I did enjoy it, unfortunately I also learned that I did not enjoy it enough for the amount of time it cost me. I've decided to quit. Thank you all for playing and I'm sorry I can't continue. My reasons for quitting have nothing to do with you and everything to do with the fact that I just didn't enjoy the material of DnD enough to continue. Thanks guys.

MadBadHare
August 7th, 2015, 15:25
Thanks for all the good FG info, Sprou7 and notanumber. When I get that conversion campaign going, I'll touch base to see if you guys are interested!

Thanks Justin - Feel free to keep in touch. It was a good conversation.

I'm sorry I didn't post this earlier. I bought Fantasy Grounds and the DnD modules and books to see if I enjoyed it. I learned that I did enjoy it, unfortunately I also learned that I did not enjoy it enough for the amount of time it cost me. I've decided to quit. Thank you all for playing and I'm sorry I can't continue. My reasons for quitting have nothing to do with you and everything to do with the fact that I just didn't enjoy the material of DnD enough to continue. Thanks guys.

Would of been considerate to let people know prior to the arranged meeting. Not that I actually think you'll see this as you quit.

DoomToaster
August 7th, 2015, 17:29
Hey sorry been busy this week was unable to get onto fantasy grounds to play =( ... but if we are playing I would like to know when our next session is =D

MadBadHare
August 7th, 2015, 18:05
Hey sorry been busy this week was unable to get onto fantasy grounds to play =( ... but if we are playing I would like to know when our next session is =D

Guess you didn't see this as our DM flaked and neglected to tell anyone..

I really can not say if we will ever play together again... I personally feel I will try to find a game where it is consistent and the people in the group do not leave people hanging.
I guess I am done ranting, I just really dislike having what little free time I have being wasted. Moving on now....

Wazoodust
August 7th, 2015, 18:46
I sent this top Sprou7 before I realized you all got dumped from a game.
Get in touch if you're interested. I am running this sporadically here for a game in progress and we're transitioning to FG due to the younglings heading to college.

I saw here your last game crashed and burned, sorry to hear about that. On the bright side I am going to be running LMoP on Tuesday evenings later this month, probably start 8/25 maybe 9/1 about 7pm EDT. I have 2 new players interested, I am new to FG, and have run a few encounters on here, but by no means seasoned. I have run traditional dungeons back in the 80's and will be rusty a bit there as well.
If you're willing to put up with a new DM and a couple new players let me know, I am excited about getting back into RPG again. I will not be using pregens in this campaign, but won't let anything crazy in either as I don't want to deal with complications that would get involved, not yet anyhow, wanna get my feet wet first.
If that didn't scare you off and you have a couple others that would like in to play get back in touch and I'll get a group together a little more solidly/

Dave

notanumber
August 7th, 2015, 20:15
I'm thinking I'll try to recreate the Pathfinder Beginner Box campaign I originally created for Roll20. If any one is interested, let me know and we can schedule a time. It'd be a great intro to Pathfinder for those that haven't played it before.

MadBadHare
August 7th, 2015, 21:04
I sent this top Sprou7 before I realized you all got dumped from a game.
Get in touch if you're interested. I am running this sporadically here for a game in progress and we're transitioning to FG due to the younglings heading to college.

I saw here your last game crashed and burned, sorry to hear about that. On the bright side I am going to be running LMoP on Tuesday evenings later this month, probably start 8/25 maybe 9/1 about 7pm EDT. I have 2 new players interested, I am new to FG, and have run a few encounters on here, but by no means seasoned. I have run traditional dungeons back in the 80's and will be rusty a bit there as well.
If you're willing to put up with a new DM and a couple new players let me know, I am excited about getting back into RPG again. I will not be using pregens in this campaign, but won't let anything crazy in either as I don't want to deal with complications that would get involved, not yet anyhow, wanna get my feet wet first.
If that didn't scare you off and you have a couple others that would like in to play get back in touch and I'll get a group together a little more solidly/

Dave

I jumped into Wazoodust's game in case anyone wants to follow...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1569

Wazoodust
August 7th, 2015, 21:21
Thanks for throwing the link up there, I did the calendar entry after I posted that.

Ranger76
August 9th, 2015, 16:11
If its not too late to join, I'd be interested in joining this game. The time frame is perfect for me most nights.

Edit: NVM, should have read to the end of the thread.