PDA

View Full Version : Question I was converting the Ice Caves of Azithin from the Adventures 1 collection

Larac
July 8th, 2015, 22:57
Has anyone already done this one?

I ask because the version form AEG did not make the read to players text as txt but as pictures.

So the main blocks I need to be able to copy over are not in fact text.

All I need is those sections, if someone has already done it.

Can provide proof of hard copy and PDF bought copy,
THOUGHT these would we nice quick ones so I grabbed the pdfs as well.

Not working as hoped.

The rest copies fine but the PC sees section are darker background and act like images.

Thanks for any help.

kylania
July 8th, 2015, 23:59
Maybe try to OCR the pictures from your hard copy? Or just retype it all? :)

Xorn
July 9th, 2015, 01:26
PDFXChange Viewer is a free PDF viewer with built in OCR, might try that.

WhtZombie
July 9th, 2015, 15:29
Seems to be the standard for AEG... I have "The World's Largest Dungeon" in PDF, so I opened it up and sure enough no text select. Thanks for the tip Xorn I will give PDFXChange Viewer a try.

dj-wedge
July 9th, 2015, 17:16
Sometimes PDFXchange has trouble with OCR - it seems to really make things over complicated. Things like an R end up being read as "1D," or something equally baffling. At times I've seen it scramble entire sentences so badly - yet in a vague obscure way so perfectly - that I think l337 speak has achieved a new heightened level of consciousness... And I'm still trying to figure out where that stupid single character fi thing is coming from.

Anyway. For those troubling passages I use Free OCR
https://www.paperfile.net/

You can draw boxes round specific sections and it will zoom in and do a great job at the OCR conversion. It's a whole lot more cumbersome than the built in part of PDFX-change, but the accuracy is fantastic!