PDA

View Full Version : Sharing

kdconwell1
July 8th, 2015, 21:19
If you have like the MM can you share it with the DM? If you can please tell me how or how to share anything else with the DM. I have the Ulimate Version if that makes a difference,

Thank You

Griogre
July 8th, 2015, 21:43
No you can't share any module with the DM you can ask the DM to allow you, the player, to open and use the module but not vice versa. The host/GM is the one who normally supplies the library modules.

It doesn't matter what your license is as far as module sharing goes. If you want to gift your DM a module so he has it and can allow others to use it, then gift him the module on steam. If the DM is short on cash then the Basic D&D Rules pack is only $3 and has like 175ish monsters and the four basic characters.

Nickademus
July 8th, 2015, 21:56
...you can ask the DM to allow you, the player, to open and use the module but not vice versa.

Is this true as of now? I was under the impression that players could only access modules the GM had on his/her hard drive. I heard that Smite Works was thinking of changing things to allow a player to access modules on their hard drive while playing, but I hadn't heard this went live yet. I know there was a concern with a GM being able to control what content a player could be pulling from when this came to be.

Nylanfs
July 8th, 2015, 22:42
It happened in the last update. The GM gets a message that the player would like access to their X module when you try and open it.

Trenloe
July 9th, 2015, 01:33
Is this true as of now?
Third one down in 3.1.0: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html

Nickademus
July 9th, 2015, 02:39
Thank you. I missed that one. Probably due to FG not letting my players connect when 3.1.0 came out. I was a little preoccupied.

I'll have to look into this. I had a player with links to a module I had blocked access (red X) on his character sheet. The character wasn't imported so I'm not sure how he was able to open the module. I didn't have time to look into it during the game, but I wonder if there is something wrong with this new feature. I'll play around with it in some games I'm in.

Trenloe
July 9th, 2015, 03:48
I had a player with links to a module I had blocked access (red X) on his character sheet. The character wasn't imported so I'm not sure how he was able to open the module. I didn't have time to look into it during the game, but I wonder if there is something wrong with this new feature.
The gotcha is that if the module access was changed the players usually need to clear their cache - as they might have already downloaded the module into their cache before the access was changed and they could access the module from the cache.

Nickademus
July 9th, 2015, 04:50
I see. That might explain it. Thanks.