PDA

View Full Version : Princes of the Apocalypse - Maps

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2015, 18:55
For those of you who have already browsed through this module you'll know that some encounters are 'Theatre of the Mind'; in other words there's no map provided.

So I've done a quick map for one such encounter "Reaver Ambush". If there is sufficient interest I might be persuaded to do more.

EDIT: I've added lots more below.

EDIT EDIT: From Trenloe's suggestion below I have created a mod with all of the maps in it. It should (hopefully) work with any ruleset not just 5e. Now I may not have done everything right so if not do, please, let me know. You can access it by clicking the link to the zip file below. Once downloaded unzip into your mods folder within FG and you should see it in the library when you open up FG.

Trenloe
July 8th, 2015, 18:57
Nice! Thanks for sharing. :)

kylania
July 8th, 2015, 19:25
Beautiful! Consider this post as sufficient interest!

One thing that would be handy is if you placed a small square indicating the grid size somewhere out of the way? Similar to Tor's maps (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15833-Tor-s-Maps&p=205020&viewfull=1#post205020).

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2015, 19:42
Beautiful! Consider this post as sufficient interest!

One thing that would be handy is if you placed a small square indicating the grid size somewhere out of the way? Similar to Tor's maps (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15833-Tor-s-Maps&p=205020&viewfull=1#post205020).

If you look very carefully there is such a square in the bottom right just above the bushes :)

Nylanfs
July 8th, 2015, 20:22
So the grid is getting ready to ambush the party? :)

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2015, 21:16
So the grid is getting ready to ambush the party? :)

Exactly! :)

Thegroo
July 9th, 2015, 01:18
Thanks for sharing

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2015, 15:03
Here's a couple more. The first one is for 'Haayon's Camp' and the second one is for 'Bears and Bows'

OneSidedDie
July 9th, 2015, 16:32
I believe the proper word is "yoink".

Thanks, Zacchaeus! I had a few maps I grabbed to fit some of these encounters but were usually off in one way or another. These are perfect.

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2015, 19:17
Here's three more. The first can be used for all three 'The Long Road' encounters and 'Bloody Treasure'. The Second one could be used for 'Uthgardt Vengeance' and any of a number of Random encounters. The third is just for random encounters.

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2015, 20:50
And another two. this time we have the 'Wink and Kiss' and 'The Cemetery' in Yartar.

crb31
July 9th, 2015, 21:55
Thanks for doing these!

hawkwind
July 10th, 2015, 07:58
nice maps , I will be using them and not just for the POTA

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2015, 15:42
Ok, these should round out the set. These are all based off of encounters in the Sighing Valley but could also be used for random encounters I have no doubt. Suitable for Manticore Lair, Knifepoint Gully, Griffon Roost and The Lost River.

If anyone thinks that they could do with more then let me know.

Trenloe
July 10th, 2015, 16:46
Very cool work.

One request.... Any chance of rolling them up into a "Zacchaeus's awesome PotA maps" module (or whatever you want to call it)? :)

Put all of the images in a new campaign, Change the default tab colour and icon at the bottom of the Images and Maps tab, then type /export in the chat window, fill out the fields and export to a module. One final step - it would be really cool if the resulting module was edited to remove the <ruleset> entry so that this module could be used in any ruleset, not just the ruleset used to create the module. Like the modules I'm (slowly) compiling here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24545-Community-map-modules

Thanks again for sharing these lovely maps.

hawkwind
July 10th, 2015, 17:07
Since you are asking a battlemap for the haunted tomb on page 149 would be nice and that the mods sticky this thread

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2015, 18:28
Since you are asking a battlemap for the haunted tomb on page 149 would be nice and that the mods sticky this thread

When I read this I thought, "Wait I've already done one for that". And indeed I have; I just didn't post it for some reason. So here it is.

Trenloe; I will look into your suggestion as soon as possible.

MadBadHare
July 11th, 2015, 00:27
And yet another THANKS from me... Very nice work...

GBE300
July 11th, 2015, 12:55
I'll have a LARGE homebrew-ish map and a alternate play through of The Tomb of moving stones for everyone just at the start of August. Holding off in case my guys are trolling these forums until after they have played. Totally happy to share it and want to know what you all think. Anyways incase anyone is working on it and doesn't want to, I'll have it up after our next game on the 28th or so of July.

Eighteez
July 14th, 2015, 15:42
For those of you who have already browsed through this module you'll know that some encounters are 'Theatre of the Mind'; in other words there's no map provided.

So I've done a quick map for one such encounter "Reaver Ambush". If there is sufficient interest I might be persuaded to do more.

EDIT: I've added lots more below.

EDIT EDIT: From Trenloe's suggestion below I have created a mod with all of the maps in it. It should (hopefully) work with any ruleset not just 5e. Now I may not have done everything right so if not do, please, let me know. You can access it by clicking the link to the zip file below. Once downloaded unzip into your mods folder within FG and you should see it in the library when you open up FG.

I don't have a mods folder in my fantasy grounds installation. Actually I have no folders in it. Do I just create one or am I in the wrong place?

Trenloe
July 14th, 2015, 15:54
I don't have a mods folder in my fantasy grounds installation. Actually I have no folders in it. Do I just create one or am I in the wrong place?
You're in the wrong place - that's the installation directory, not the application data directory. Start FG and click the "Open data folder" folder icon in the top right.

Further info in the Wiki (link at top of this page) here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/File_Locations

kylania
July 14th, 2015, 15:58
It would be in your FGData folder. That screenshot is of the install folder. Check your Settings and look to see what you have for your Data directory.

https://i.imgur.com/OmbC0w5.jpg

Eighteez
July 14th, 2015, 16:00
got it.

Yep that is the directory that was mentioned above.

I didnt see anything like an open data folder. But I found it in windows explorer and then here in settings.

Thanks again!

Trenloe
July 14th, 2015, 16:02
"Open data folder" folder icon:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/App%20Data%20Folder%20Button.jpg

Eighteez
July 14th, 2015, 16:03
Ah got it. Thank you!

LordEntrails
November 29th, 2015, 02:41
Thanks Zacchaeus! Greatly appreciated.

LordEntrails
December 29th, 2015, 19:06
Great work. Thanks for sharing.

I'm having trouble getting a grid to fit well on the haunted tomb map. I've tried increasing and decreasing the grid size and re-aligning to your alignment box, but I don't seem to get a good fit. What should the grid pixel size be on this one?

Comment on the Stone Bridge map, the text description says it does not have railings or sidings. Guess dwarves are just more sure footed :)

Zacchaeus
December 29th, 2015, 21:58
Great work. Thanks for sharing.

I'm having trouble getting a grid to fit well on the haunted tomb map. I've tried increasing and decreasing the grid size and re-aligning to your alignment box, but I don't seem to get a good fit. What should the grid pixel size be on this one?

Comment on the Stone Bridge map, the text description says it does not have railings or sidings. Guess dwarves are just more sure footed :)

Indeed, my grid aligning thingie isn't very good for that one is it. I'd suggest 20; that'll give you a 10' wide passage into the tomb.

And indeed, the bridge was boring without some kind of side to it :)

combodude
January 21st, 2016, 04:31
Thanks so much for these! They really saved me! If only I could find some for Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat!

EJSandsrtrom
September 5th, 2016, 23:14
Thank you so much for this.

Patou
May 19th, 2017, 15:57
@Zacchaeus

Awesome Stuff!!

Temmpest
April 1st, 2019, 14:53
Man, these are awesome! Great work! Any chance we'll see a map for Rundreth Manor?

Zacchaeus
April 1st, 2019, 16:03
Man, these are awesome! Great work! Any chance we'll see a map for Rundreth Manor?

I can't even remember doing these :)

Temmpest
April 1st, 2019, 17:31
It's been awhile, huh?

Carek
April 6th, 2020, 03:53
You rock out loud. Thank you so much.

Madman Across the Water
May 28th, 2020, 04:59
Thank you for these! I'm one of the many who had to transition to FG due to being on lockdown, and these will save me a great deal of time. Much appreciated!

blazingwebs
December 2nd, 2020, 03:15
THANK YOU so much!!!

Ghengis
December 26th, 2020, 03:33
Thank you! I've loaded them for my own campaign