PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG Spell and Feat Modules

malvok
July 5th, 2015, 16:00
I decided to open a separate thread for these two library modules. They're for Pathfinder and have a large selection of Feats and Spells.

I can't seem to attach the spell file, maybe it's too big? If a mod could attach it, it would be appreciated. Here's the link for the spells file.

These are updated versions of the modules I posted in another thread. Spell description formatting, a few bug fixes...

darrenan
July 6th, 2015, 02:50
I see many (most?) spells in the massive spells module are missing Effect/Target details.

darrenan
July 6th, 2015, 02:52
I also much prefer the way that PFSRDCompletePaizoSpells handles levels of spells. The way you did it requires minimizing individual spell levels or scrolling down to the right section, rather than going right to the level you're interested in. You might take a look at how the other module does it, I find it much more convenient most of the time.

Trenloe
July 6th, 2015, 02:58
I see many (most?) spells in the massive spells module are missing Effect/Target details.
By default spells don't have these in them. FG makes an effort to parse the effects/cast details when the spell is added to a PC or NPC. But, as PF (and 3.5E) spells don't have a set format like 4E and 5E have this is a virtually impossible task to write a 3.5E/PF spells to FG cast/effects parser. Farnaby had to code everything manually with this excellent spell module: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24614-Farnaby-s-PFRPG-Spellbook

darrenan
July 6th, 2015, 03:02
I meant the Area or Target field, which in the spell window is entitled "Effect/Target". Such as "You", "Creature touched", "30ft. cone", etc. I found a few spells that had it, but my random sampling walking down the All Spells list seems to show that most of them are empty.

malvok
July 6th, 2015, 04:23
Yeah, these aren't ready to be released. Maybe I'll work on them more someday but for now I'll just keep them for personal use.

Farnaby
July 6th, 2015, 14:21
FYI, I'm just entering the level 2 spells now, it's still going to take quite some time.

Yeah, these aren't ready to be released. Maybe I'll work on them more someday but for now I'll just keep them for personal use.

If you have some effects set up for spells, I'd like to include them. No need to invent the wheel again.

Trenloe
July 6th, 2015, 14:48
I meant the Area or Target field, which in the spell window is entitled "Effect/Target".
Oops, sorry - my misunderstanding.