PDA

View Full Version : d20books - Fantasy Grounds Campaign

d20books
December 21st, 2004, 17:06
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/d20books-fantasygrounds

I am starting a new ongoing campaign. People who are interested in joining need to join the Yahoo Group so that coordination can be handled.

It will be run by D20 Books and More (https://www.d20books.com) and be expanded to include multiple simultaneous campaigns if the group gets large enough to split. Campaign world will be designed to accommodate multiple gamemasters and sessions.

Jeff Pawlowski
https://www.d20books.com

RazorCut
December 21st, 2004, 18:41
Sweet. I signed up.

richvalle
December 21st, 2004, 18:53
I signed up to follow along but I won't be able to purchase the software till after New Years.

rv

msd
December 21st, 2004, 20:55
I signed up. This sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to start...

Art Wendorf
December 21st, 2004, 22:22
Signed up. Ready to go. Hopefully, I'll be able, also. Heh.

Hexaphim
December 22nd, 2004, 00:00
I've signed up, but I'm not sure I'll be able to join; I'm on Central European Time, but I usually stay up really late, so I'm somewhat flexible (as long as the sessions take place after 5 pm EST).

d20books
December 22nd, 2004, 03:05
The idea behind the Yahoo Group is to start a campaign world where everyone can participate virtually through FantasyGrounds.

If you can't join the game I run, I encourage you to start a new campaign that you can run.

The idea is to utilize the same resources and pool our combined efforts into adding modules specific to the campaign world.

I've already created an entire world map with two continents. Plenty of room for several bands of adventurers :)

Jeff Pawlowski

Bagpuss2
December 23rd, 2004, 09:13
I've signed up, but I'm not sure I'll be able to join; I'm on Central European Time, but I usually stay up really late, so I'm somewhat flexible (as long as the sessions take place after 5 pm EST).

I'm on GMT, I've signed up to the group, but obviously have the same time issues as you, I've not bought Fantasy Grounds yet, but I'll be looking to be part of a European based group in the future.

scranford
December 24th, 2004, 18:56
Just signed up as well, and am working on a couple of character concepts. I'll probably make both and use whichever works best with the rest of the group. I usually pick a concept with character design and try to design the character around that (Great athelete, great at throwing things, Summoning only celestial things). The concept I came up with this time is great resistances and saving throws. Two concepts came to mind immediately.
1. Halfling Paladin / Green Dragon Bloodline (Intermediate). His small community was held under the thrall of an evil Green Dragon many years ago, and he was the result of this presence. His tribe was liberated by a Paladin, and the Paladin took the character away to the Temple where he also became a paladin.
2. Half-Orc Monk. The typical raised in a monestary because his himan mother couldn't raise him with his heritage, and due to repercusions of his conception. Thinking of developing his weapon skills more than unarmed just to be different, but the focus would be on being tough and hard to kill/hurt.

QUESTIONS
If my understanding of the Bloodlines is correct one must take a level of Bloodline at 6th, and 12th level for an intermediate Bloodline. Hence, in character 1 above he would be a 7th level Paladin / 1st level Bloodline. Is this correct.

Also are other bloodines available or only the Dragon Bloodlines.

Thanks for your response in advance, and looking forward to this game.

PS: I'm in eastern Standard time, but too lazy to figure out what that is in referrence to GMT

d20books
December 28th, 2004, 00:23
You are correct, that you MUST take various prescribed levels of Bloodlines, at various points, depending on the "potency" of the blood.

Only Dragon bloodlines are allowed right now. The ten basic dragons are listed in Unearthed Arcana and I've done up five more for the Gem Dragons in the Campaign Planner.

US Eastern is -5 GMT. The group is set up on US Central.

The server is up and down, but always at the specified domain name:
dragonhome.kicks-***.net

Three people have uploaded characters already.

Jeff Pawlowski

richvalle
January 5th, 2005, 16:46
We had the first game in Dragonhome this past Monday night. All in all it went well after overcoming some tech issues (my software kept crashing on a tavern map. A reinstall of the software fixed it).

Our soon to be hero's lead by hafling sea captain Jik Raven find them selfs on an island that looks to be preparing for war. Lots of activity in the docks of ships unloading supplies but not much is being loaded. We also saw 100 armored hobgoblin mercenaries disembark and march off.

We've established ourselves in an inn (the Y Knot) and will probably make futher forrays into the town next Monday.

Its a fair sized town with a large keep/fort. Also on the island is a dragon that is the offspring of the 'master' dragon that rules these lands. The 'master' is a ancient gold dragon and the offspring is a gold/green dragon.

Other then the hobgoblins the island seems to be exclusively human. Apparently past troubles have been with Orks and Elves.

Thanks to Jeff for running the game.

rv

richvalle
January 5th, 2005, 19:24
Oh.. the Games are set for Monday nights at 8 PM Central right now for those that want to join up. The hope is to get enough players to to form multipule groups on different days/times.

rv

d20books
January 9th, 2005, 00:58
We've recruited a DM that will do games in the Asia-Pacific timezone.

If you're interested in joining up, please join our Yahoo group and talk to the DM there. https://groups.yahoo.com/group/d20books-fantasygrounds/

We are still seeking a European DM. If you're interested, please contact me.

Jeff Pawlowski

richvalle
January 11th, 2005, 18:42
Starts up the day after the last one. It finds our heroes waking from a nights stay at the Y Knot Tavern. While smells of ham drift up from the common room downstairs Captain Jik and Grond (Hobgoblin Sorcerer) can hear voices outside their window. A look out and some inquires reveal that 3 farms were killed at a very small village (a 'thorp') about a day and a half away from town. This really not being any of Jik's business he heads down for food.

A short time later a town guard enters looking for the 'adventures' that are staying there. The town is stretched thin on man power and wants someone to go and investigate the happenings at the village. Jik is convinced to go by the promise of 2 platinum pieces to add to the 'Buy Jik a New Boat' fund. Grond is bored and is looking for something to do.

A day and a half walk there brings them to the village, which looks deserted, on a foggy late morning. Polly (Jik's raven familiar) warns of something in the first house. Moving closer they are told to go away by voices inside. Pleas/demands to answer questions are refused. Since the door is unlocked Jik prepares to enter but is knocked back by the horrible stench coming from the hut as is Grond when he looks in.

Steeling their nerves Grond enters and is attached by a Ghoul.. and soon a Ghast and another Ghoul as well. By dint of arms (Jik's) and spells (Grind's) the undead are defeated but the farmer's wife is slain as well.

Getting the story from the farmer and other villagers the Ghouls were the farmer's sons who were swept away in accident by a river. After much praying from the husband and wife they returned... as ghouls with a new friend the ghast. The husband and wife harbored the undead in their house during which time they went out and killed the other farmer family.

The villagers quickly burnt the hut to the ground. The surviving farmer was tied up and brought back to town with the conquering heroes, as much for his own safety as to answer for his deeds.

The game ended with the 3 some entering town after a 3 day journey back.

rv

I thought the combat went well after some initial fumbling. I'd say combat was about as quick as it would be around a table if not faster. The rest of the game still seems to be much slower paced but this is probably mostly my fault for 'playing' too much. All in all a fun time.

Ragamuffin
April 18th, 2005, 11:51
I tried the D20books link and it didn't seem to exist.....umm....anybody ?

richvalle
April 18th, 2005, 14:13
It kind of died.... there was only 2 of us showing up for the games and d20 has moved on to other things (selling minitures if you are interested...).

rv

tdaraa
April 18th, 2005, 21:02
always intrested in miniatures....