PDA

View Full Version : Entire Season 2 Run: [UPDATE]: City of Danger July 8, 8pm-12am ET

Talen
July 4th, 2015, 17:34
I will be running the entire Season 2 Expeditions leading to the kickoff of Season 3 -Rage of Demons in the fall. This is the first Expedition. You need not be present for all Expeditions to play. New Players Welcome! Teamspeak required. In the TS server, we will be in the "Adventurers League: DM Talen" channel. Voice Server: teamspeak.fg-con.com Voice Password: Dungeoneers

Calendar Entry is Here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1500)

DDEX2-01 City of Danger

Designer: Shawn Merwin
Characters of Level 1-2, optimized for 1st
Playtime: 1 hour (adventure includes five, 1 hour adventures)
Details:
On the southern shores of the Moonsea, the residents of Mulmaster have eked out a living where others would likely have given up long ago—in a bleak city where corruption is rampant and the Church of Bane holds sway. In these 5 short, introductory adventures, you will travel the breadth of the City of Danger, meet its people, see its sights, and witness firsthand how the city truly has earned its ominous moniker.

UPDATE: I had to move the game up 2 days earlier to Wednesday July 8th.

jenovvson
July 4th, 2015, 17:50
Looking forward to playing. May I send you my character so you can make sure its good?

Talen
July 4th, 2015, 18:36
Sure thing. My email is linked to my profile.

leozelig
July 4th, 2015, 18:58
I applied in the calendar entry. I am out of town next week so I will miss the first adventure, but I should be able to make most sessions.

Talen
July 4th, 2015, 19:08
Sounds good Leozlig. However - No need to apply to the calendar entry if you cant make this session- Ill have separate calendar entries for each session since the game days will move from week to week, as will the Expedition and most likely the players. Just apply to the calendar entries you can make.

leozelig
July 4th, 2015, 19:30
Got it, I will keep an eye out for the next adventure then!

Spoolicus
July 4th, 2015, 19:44
Applied at the calendar entry! Should I send you a character sheet for you to look over? If so, where?

xanstin
July 4th, 2015, 21:49
I applied. Do you want the characters ahead of time to the email? and what format the actual sheet or FG pc export?
Also is this going to be streamed (AL legal)?

Talen
July 5th, 2015, 01:31
Spoolicus and Xanstin, My email address is linked to my profile, you can send your pc to me through that address. Ideally, in FG format export, but Ill take whatever you have. These games will be streamed and AL legal.

kyrix
July 6th, 2015, 02:01
I don't suppose there's any chance the game could be moved to Saturday? I have another FG game here on Friday at the exact same time that I'm in

Goltron
July 6th, 2015, 09:51
This sounds awesome, but unfortunately i'll still have a few hrs work to do by the time you guys kick off.

jonathon2gb
July 6th, 2015, 17:40
Hello there all. Im looking to play a half elf bard in you campaign. I have limited table topping experience but ive been messing around quite a bit with fantasy grounds so at least the software wont be to much of a learning curve. Hopefully we can all have some fun together.

Talen
July 7th, 2015, 00:42
Welcome Jonathon. As I mentioned in the other thread, I had to change the kickoff date and moved it up 2 days - it is now running on Wednesday July 8th at 8pm ET. I will run a new second game on Friday July 17th -details to follow.

Talen
July 8th, 2015, 10:56
The server is up now for anyone that wants to test their connection or enter their pc into FG. If you sent me your pc already, I have imported into the server as well. If the server goes down, please let me know as we are having some storms and I will be at work during the day. If that happens, I will reset the server upon my return, but I dont anticipate any issues.

kylania
July 8th, 2015, 15:55
Worked great for me! Even switched my Sneak Attack to a proper effect instead of my newbie "weapon" I had it as. heh

jenovvson
July 8th, 2015, 21:14
I'm having an old friend come in from out of town so I might have to miss the 1st one guys. :( Happy gaming!

kylania
July 8th, 2015, 21:48
Aww, we were going to be such an adorable party. Two Gnomes and a Halfling with some Elvishy babysitters!

xanstin
July 9th, 2015, 06:25
Sorry I couldn't make the first one...hopefully it was a good time.

kyrix
July 9th, 2015, 06:31
It was...something. We had a legitimate reason to insert the music 'Yakety Sax', if that tells you anything. But it was fun

kylania
July 9th, 2015, 14:08
Being first level is hard! I absolutely loved it but being able to take more than two hits would certainly be useful. When you have 9 health and the multiple 1/4 CR creatures you're facing get Multiattack with an average of 8 damage things are grim! Each of our battles we had at least 1 party member down for the whole fight. Otherwise it was really fun with a ton of pretty inventive attack strategies and fun banter. Talen had some nifty sound effects which really helped set the mood too. I can still hear the "cavegulls" in my nightmares!

Thanks so much to Talen, Gutzag, Hurricane and Alston for making my first Adventure League umm.. adventures so enjoyable.

poppy_thompson
July 9th, 2015, 15:50
Being first level is hard! I absolutely loved it but being able to take more than two hits would certainly be useful. When you have 9 health and the multiple 1/4 CR creatures you're facing get Multiattack with an average of 8 damage things are grim! Each of our battles we had at least 1 party member down for the whole fight. Otherwise it was really fun with a ton of pretty inventive attack strategies and fun banter. Talen had some nifty sound effects which really helped set the mood too. I can still hear the "cavegulls" in my nightmares!

Thanks so much to Talen, Gutzag, Hurricane and Alston for making my first Adventure League umm.. adventures so enjoyable.

I complete concur with this assessment. I had a great time. Hurricane was slightly bummed with his new tattoo, but has taken it on as a badge of honor! It helps that he can play it off to others as a mark of his water heritage. He will only have to answer to his deity. That is a for another time. I would image he spent a fair amount of time praying and repenting. His answer was clear! CRUSH & DESTROY ALL THAT IS UMBERLEE! (in a flirtatious way, of course.)

Thanks Talen, Gutzag, Alston and Germ.

Talen
July 11th, 2015, 14:29
I had a great time running and the players were very gracious considering how brutal a 4 player session of newly minted 1st level PC's is. I agree is particularly tough when so many monsters have multi attack. Having said that, I'm glad everyone had fun with the session. If anyone is interested, you can find the Yakkity Sax moment below from the streamed session.

https://youtu.be/GoVzhbgeDQk?t=4h18m45s

leozelig
July 12th, 2015, 08:48
Any update on the next game? I haven't seen a calendar entry yet...

Talen
July 12th, 2015, 14:38
I needed to confirm I wouldnt need to travel Friday night. It looks good so I posted the new calendar entry and forum threads just now.

Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1514
DDEX 2-2 Thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25130-Entire-Season-2-Run-DDEX-2-2-Embers-of-Elmwood-Fri-July-17-8pm-12am-ET&p=221293#post221293

leozelig
July 12th, 2015, 21:32
Thanks, Talen. I will email my PC to you!