PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to sort content for PotA?

BlueDrake
July 3rd, 2015, 15:29
I'm trying to sort the images and other content so I have all my maps on one tab, all the NPC images on another etc. I can drag the images from the PotA tab, but when I exit Fantasy Grounds and go back in they all return to the PotA tab and are gone from my other tabs. I suspect this might be a security issue with the way the files are stored, but having all the content in a single tab makes it difficult to quickly find the image I need during play.

Anyone have a workaround or is it possible that we could get the content sorted a bit better in future patches so it's not one massive list of images?

I already know about the search feature, but that's not very helpful if you didn't name the images yourself. Ex: What the heck is "Adventure-Hook-Artwork2"? I don't know unless I open it and probably won't know what to type in I'm looking for this image. It makes it a lot easier to manage if I can put it on a tab I created and named so I at least know the general nature of the image.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Nylanfs
July 3rd, 2015, 15:52
Everything should be linked in the story item for that section. Click on the links in the story items.

Griogre
July 3rd, 2015, 18:53
@Blue Drake: The 5E module content is static and can't be changed. This is similar to how the way earlier versions of FG reference libraries use to work. The work around is to create indirect linked lists in your character's campaign, in the order the you want and with the names you want.

Basically you can't do anything with the module content on the tabs but you can create in your base campaign a Story Entry(ies) of links so things are ordered/named the way you want and then link to the content of the module into each list or new story entry. Because you just create links to module content, these links from the base campaign persist.

damned
July 4th, 2015, 00:40
Hi BlueDrake I think you might be missing one of the rally nice features of these modules. Start with the opening story entry and once you hit the first map press the [ctrl] key and see the redd pins that show up. As your players enter those areas click on teh pins to reveal the story and encounter info that occur from there. I hope that makes sense?

epithet
July 4th, 2015, 02:17
The pins may also be made visible by right-clicking on the map to get to the radial menu, selecting Layers, then Enable Shortcuts.

BlueDrake
July 4th, 2015, 14:54
Thanks for the quick responses. I feel a bit stupid now, but I honestly didn't use the story section much for my own games so I seldom went in there. I see that the story section is very well laid out with links to the images and will make the game easy to run.

I did know about the pins, and they are a very nice feature.

Baron Von Mandrick
July 4th, 2015, 16:53
Thanks for the quick responses. I feel a bit stupid now, but I honestly didn't use the story section much for my own games so I seldom went in there. I see that the story section is very well laid out with links to the images and will make the game easy to run.

I did know about the pins, and they are a very nice feature.I know the feeling. I keep discovering something new all the time. What's worse is sometimes I discover something even though I saw it on the video from wiki or the how-to guides, but I was so overwhelmed watching it that I didn't absorb it the first time through.

Griogre
July 4th, 2015, 17:58
Story entries usually matter more for commercial quality products. If you use voice when playing, then typically you only need maps, encounters/monsters and parcel/items for your own adventures. However, even in my own adventures if I am using a player map then I will create story entries for secret doors, traps, etc so I can "pin the map" with the entry. Often these entries are just a title like "Secret Door", "20' Pit Trap" and so on.

damned
July 5th, 2015, 12:36
You can also pin the encounter or another image direct to the map too.