PDA

View Full Version : Buying a license

BlackJaguar
July 2nd, 2015, 22:56
Hi All,

I would like to buy Fantasy Grounds but I don't want to create an account with paypal. Is it possible to buy it on Steam and use the license from steam to download the stand alone version from this website ?

Thanks!

ddavison
July 2nd, 2015, 22:57
Yes.

BlackJaguar
July 2nd, 2015, 22:58
Awesome, thank you! Ok how do I do that, will Steam give me the license key ? (I just want to get the regular version, not the ultimate)

Trenloe
July 2nd, 2015, 23:04
Awesome, thank you! Ok how do I do that, will Steam give me the license key ? (I just want to get the regular version, not the ultimate)
Yes, you'll get a licence key when you purchase through Steam.

BlackJaguar
July 2nd, 2015, 23:06

Then all I have to do is download the demo from this website and apply the key correct ?

Trenloe
July 2nd, 2015, 23:08
Then all I have to do is download the demo from this website and apply the key correct ?
Correct.

The Steam and FG website installations are exactly the same underlying application. All Steam does is launch a stub that runs the standard FG application.

BlackJaguar
July 2nd, 2015, 23:09
Thank You very much, I got it working! :)

kylania
July 6th, 2015, 03:43
Congrats BlackJaguar. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures!

cboudrie74
July 10th, 2015, 20:52
Just curious, if I buy the Ultimate and complete class pack, my players do not have to purchase anything?
So, they can each create free accounts and access any class from content I have purchased?
Can they access character portraits I have created?

kylania
July 10th, 2015, 21:15
They don't need to do anything other than install the Demo version and connect to you. No accounts, purchases or anything. They'll have access to anything you share with them via your Library modules. They will need to connect to your game to create the characters though since I don't believe the free demo version has access to the Manage Characters option. But in doing so you can share your Players Handbook with them.

Trenloe
July 10th, 2015, 22:54
They will need to connect to your game to create the characters though since I don't believe the free demo version has access to the Manage Characters option. But in doing so you can share your Players Handbook with them.
A free licence can use manage characters, but you're quite correct - they need to be connected to the GM to get the PHB/class modules the GM shares with them - they can't access this information without being connected to the GM.

The players can't access GM portraits directly. The GM can assign a player portrait from their own portrait list if they wish.