PDA

View Full Version : Is Adventure League Encounters / Expeditions a thing?

cas206
July 2nd, 2015, 17:28
I run public AL games at my FLGS for Encounters and Expeditions. I've used PAR5E to parse the PDF's because I find FG a useful tool to have at the table behind the DM screen. I've since purchased the official core books for FG. I understand that making the commercial modules available is (and should be) WotC's primary emphasis because that makes them money. However, I'm curious if any plans have been discussed about making Encounters/Expeditions FG modules available in addition to the PDF as part of the AL download options (if you are allowed to say)?

Right now, I can still use PAR5E and manually tweak the XML if required. But I suspect that "upgrade rot" will eventually make the public version unusable.

Nylanfs
July 2nd, 2015, 17:44
Yes it is. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?95-D-amp-D-Adventurer-s-League-Games)

cas206
July 3rd, 2015, 04:44
Thanks for the link. I didn't see that section at first. However, it seems geared toward online play and the posts there show that DM's are still creating their own modules from PDF's. I'm interested in finding out if ready to go FG modules for Expeditions are being considered for future seasons to facilitate both online and (in my case) in store play.

Talen
July 3rd, 2015, 15:55
Hi Cas206, It's something that has been considered, but has not be approved by WOTC at this point.

cas206
July 4th, 2015, 03:17
Ok, thanks for the response. Let them know that there is AL DM demand (well at least one of us) for such modules.