PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference

Zacchaeus
July 2nd, 2015, 12:52
When I start a new campaign the screen comes up giving you the option to select the rule-set. On my copy I see 5E, then I have 5Epart 2 as well as 5Epart2. So what's the difference?

TASagent
July 2nd, 2015, 13:38
Did you put an extra copy (or unzipped copy) of the 5e ruleset in your ruleset directory?

Zacchaeus
July 2nd, 2015, 21:42
Did you put an extra copy (or unzipped copy) of the 5e ruleset in your ruleset directory?

Good grief no! Why would I do that? :)

I'm guessing that it's something along the lines that you are alluding to; that perhaps something hasn't downloaded or installed properly. I always select the 5e one because for obvious reasons I am sceptical of the other two options :)

Griogre
July 2nd, 2015, 22:11
I'd definitely check to see if you have multiple 5E paks in your ruleset folder.

Zacchaeus
July 2nd, 2015, 23:02
I'd definitely check to see if you have multiple 5E paks in your ruleset folder.

I do! They are all there just as I describe them in the OP. I'm assuming that the only one I should have is the one marked 5e and the others are extraneous. I didn't want to start deleting them though in case everything went pear shaped :)

Trenloe
July 2nd, 2015, 23:05
Delete anything that begins with 5E<other stuff>.pak and leave 5E.pak

If you don't want to delete them just rename them to 5E<other stuff>.pak.crap just in case you delete the wrong one.

Griogre
July 3rd, 2015, 00:57
You most likely want the one with latest date, actually. Personally I would suggest you move all of them out to your desktop and then run the updater. If it puts a shiney new one in your ruleset folder that's 5.7 megs I'd just delete the ones on the desktop. If not then you may have a problem with your updater or the rights in the folder.

damned
July 3rd, 2015, 04:17
if you delete the wrong one it will download again on running the updater.

Zacchaeus
July 3rd, 2015, 16:33
Cheers guys. You're all great :)