PDA

View Full Version : Princes of the Apocalypse questions

TASagent
July 1st, 2015, 23:26
Heya,

I just picked up the Princes of the Apocalypse module, and have a few questions:

- Do you intend to package a player-loadable copy of the player's guide with the Adventure module?

I see that the player's guide content is included inside the adventure module, but there's no realistic way of sharing it. Copying the player contents to an external module and distributing both would allow the DM to share the players content realistically. Currently, sharing spells from the module with players is unfeasible. (I got my copy through Steam)

I also see that the player's guide is for sale separately on the Fantasy Grounds website, but it looks like it was not added to Steam.

- Do you intend to update the magic weapons so they work as weapons (or at least as the base item they represent with the magic bonus populated)?

For the Greataxe +1, because the type is listed as "Weapon (greataxe)", it doesn't get identified as a weapon. It would probably need its stats populated too. +1 Breastplate is identified as an armor, but none of its stats are populated, whereas the Elven Chain armor has its type entered as "Armor (chain Shirt)"(sic), so it won't allow population as an armor.

Thanks!

bnickelsen
July 2nd, 2015, 01:54
Heya,

I just picked up the Princes of the Apocalypse module, and have a few questions:

- Do you intend to package a player-loadable copy of the player's guide with the Adventure module?

I see that the player's guide content is included inside the adventure module, but there's no realistic way of sharing it. Copying the player contents to an external module and distributing both would allow the DM to share the players content realistically. Currently, sharing spells from the module with players is unfeasible. (I got my copy through Steam)

I also see that the player's guide is for sale separately on the Fantasy Grounds website, but it looks like it was not added to Steam.

- Do you intend to update the magic weapons so they work as weapons (or at least as the base item they represent with the magic bonus populated)?

For the Greataxe +1, because the type is listed as "Weapon (greataxe)", it doesn't get identified as a weapon. It would probably need its stats populated too. +1 Breastplate is identified as an armor, but none of its stats are populated, whereas the Elven Chain armor has its type entered as "Armor (chain Shirt)"(sic), so it won't allow population as an armor.

Thanks!

I think they are under some directive to only deliver 80% of a finished product so my guess is you are lucky it even says weapon in the description.

TASagent
July 2nd, 2015, 01:56
bnickelsen - not exactly necessary or helpful...

ddavison
July 2nd, 2015, 03:54
Elemental Evil Player Companion was added to the Princes of the Apocalypse adventure so you can share it separately. This was intended but left off at first. If you don't see it, run a Check for Updates and it should pick it up for you.

For the magic items, we are working on updating this as part of the upcoming release for the DMG to be more robust. It's more a limitation of PAR5E, which Zeph is using than a limitation in Fantasy Grounds.

TASagent
July 2nd, 2015, 04:00
Excellent.

I'd hoped that was the intention regarding the EEPC, and happy to hear it is!

As for the items - I'd suspected Par5e limitations might be involved. Awesome to hear you guys plan to roll out those updates.

Thanks!

damned
July 2nd, 2015, 04:09
TASagent I dont have this module - but is there a Player Module that can be activated in your Modules view?

Doh! ninja'd

TASagent
July 2nd, 2015, 04:16
Yep, I ran update again, and now it's there. I guess I grabbed it in the window between release and when it was fixed. Actually tried a second update just in case, but probably did that too soon as well. All is good.

Thanks again.

Nylanfs
July 2nd, 2015, 12:21
What's what you get for being an early adopter. ;P