PDA

View Full Version : New Survey out for D&D 5e. What campaign setting do you want?

khersheyjr
July 1st, 2015, 01:03
Wotc just put out another survey asking which campaign setting you want to be updated for 5e along with classes and races. Make your voice heard here: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/june_survey2015

Mask_of_winter
July 1st, 2015, 01:26
Voted for Dark Sun and Eberron!

TASagent
July 1st, 2015, 01:29
Let's not forget Elves in Space!!!

JohnD
July 1st, 2015, 02:17
There are other settings than Greyhawk? News to me.

Mask_of_winter
July 1st, 2015, 02:19
Greyhair? Never heard of it.

TASagent
July 1st, 2015, 02:20
He said Grey hawk, AKA the Mexican goshawk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_hawk). Playing D&D while riding a hawk is the ultimate thrill. I guess.

Nylanfs
July 1st, 2015, 02:36
Oathbound!

Xorn
July 1st, 2015, 05:18
Dragonlance (the first adventure path) and Mystara (BECMI in the house, what what?)

TASagent
July 1st, 2015, 05:23
Xorn, are you talking about the adventure path I can find in here?

Zeus
July 1st, 2015, 14:41
Xorn, are you talking about the adventure path I can find in here?

Yup, I think Xorn is referring to AD&D 1e Dragonlance - the first true adventure path - 16 modules in total - DL series, 13 of which are adventures, 1 war-game (DL10) and 2 campaign source guides (DL15 and DL16) and supported by a complete series of chronicles and novels no less - the version your picture refers to is the AD&D 25 year Silver Anniversary (15 year Dragonlance Anniversary) edition, I believe it contains modules DL1-6.

Xorn
July 1st, 2015, 15:32
Yup, as Griogre mentioned. Granted you really needed to use the pre-gen characters to play it, but I've frequently entertained running the Dragonlance saga from start to finish in 5E...

TASagent
July 1st, 2015, 15:34
Yeah, I picked that book up at a Barnes and Noble back in the day. I wanted to have it for the novelty (the book series were my first few Fantasy novels), but the type of games I like to run aren't really amenable to such intense rails.

dj-wedge
July 1st, 2015, 17:41
Non campaign-specific stuff. Converting* all these highly customized adventures (I'm looking at you Dragon Queen) is quite a challenge.

I also asked for them to perhaps release some sort of conversion guide (crosses fingers that something already exists and I've just been unable to locate it). Everything is pretty easy except 4th Edition. There just does not seem to be an easy way to correlate skills, attributes, attacks and such to 5e.

* I meant "converting to a custom campaign setting"

epithet
July 1st, 2015, 17:47
There are other settings than Greyhawk? News to me.

Not in my campaigns. Greyhawk is my first choice by a mile.

I also voted for Athas, because I'd like some psionics to play with. Also, a friend of mine wants to mash together Conan the Barbarian and Mad Max into a campaign using Dark Sun, and that seems like it could be fun.

JohnD
July 1st, 2015, 19:33
Not in my campaigns. Greyhawk is my first choice by a mile.

I also voted for Athas, because I'd like some psionics to play with. Also, a friend of mine wants to mash together Conan the Barbarian and Mad Max into a campaign using Dark Sun, and that seems like it could be fun.

You get something started, I'd be interested in playing if the schedules etc... match up.

criamon
July 1st, 2015, 21:33
I voted the same way :) Dark Sun was always my favorite and I think that Eberron would work really well in 5e

Baron Von Mandrick
July 2nd, 2015, 00:02
I voted for Greyhawk. I know it's not a Wizards product, but I'd really love to see Kingdoms of Kalamar come out. I think it was so well thought out, complete, and set up for adventure and the kind of intrigue I like to encounter when I play games.

demonsbane
July 2nd, 2015, 05:42
Birthright, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms.

xanstin
July 2nd, 2015, 06:19
Spelljammer, Dark Sun, Eberron.

rhammer2
July 2nd, 2015, 21:43
I always have loved Spelljammer. It is a great way to connect alternate campaign worlds and give the higher level players a toy that makes them feel special.

- Robert

Varsuuk
March 19th, 2016, 04:47
Sorry for necro... I was searching on something and saw this...

Oh wow, we played DL for over a year... I know we got to DL10 because it was my first real Battlesystem... Was epic bunch of sessions.

Wow to think back on those old friends (and ex-fiancée lol) ... Chris, Mike, Maura, Virginia, Marty, Joe and me with occasional cameos from 1-2 others. Mike as Raistlin with Laurana as his secondary was a gas. Even with these many players, we had quite the amount of characters to juggle. Especially in DL10.

I know we didn't finish, I seem to feel DL11 was last we played, but I'd have to look for them to remember.

I never played Mystara, but I own the Warlords CM Xsomething Red/Black? that seemed to be a series. I was working on a AD&D heavy character background driven story in the Gazeteer inspired D&D world crafting what each knew and prepping things to have a fresh world (for us) where no one knew what was there except for the pre game notes and maps given to each with different knowledge etc. But RL reared its ugly head as it often can...

Messy1
September 14th, 2019, 21:37
Birthright please!!!

Morik
September 16th, 2019, 04:37
Darn! I missed this. Spelljammer and Dark Sun!!!!

esmdev
September 16th, 2019, 04:47
In would totally have voted Birthright with Spelljammer being a close second.

LordEntrails
September 16th, 2019, 04:59
You all do know that this survey was over 4 years ago right?

esmdev
September 16th, 2019, 17:57
You all do know that this survey was over 4 years ago right?

Yeah, I know, that's why I said I would have... with 2E live here on FG now has me hoping and thinking. :)