PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 first time FG DM looking for players

Lance Dieselman
June 30th, 2015, 21:56
Copied this from the 3.5 Topic, hope this is an okay place to post it!

Hey folks, I've been running 3.5 games for a very long time now, and I love the system. My girlfriend and I have hosted a weekly game night for about 3 years now, and I've recently discovered fantasy grounds and would love to get a regular game going! I'm in the Eastern Standard Time zone (EST) and would like to play Tuesdays at 7 or so, weekly, bi-weekly or however often we're able to make it happen without stressing anyone out.

This will be my first game DMing through Fantasy Grounds, so I would like it if everyone could start out at level 1 so things don't get away from me too quickly. My ISP blocks the necessary port, so we'll have to connect through Hamachi. I plan on it being a mix of puzzles, combat and roleplaying-type stuff, but I would prefer nothing too heavy in the roleplay department. I kind of really like the silliness that comes with a tabletop game, and hope to translate that to a virtual tabletop. Basically, your character can take themselves seriously, as long as you as a player don't take yourself too seriously, because I like to joke around and drink while I'm playing. That said, I'm super into doing character arcs and making your dude or lady look as cool as possible.

I'm hoping to make a challenging but fun game, set in an "original" setting, but everything is right out of the books. It's not Forgotten Realms or Faerun, it's just its own thing, but whatever you read in the handbooks is probably what it is in the world, just some people and places will be different. The world I made is from my brain, but every single thing in it comes from official D&D books, I don't make my own monsters or races or anything like that. I'll allow just about any book that I own, though I tend to avoid homebrew stuff. I follow the Challenge Rating, Random Encounters and Random Item Generation tables fairly closely, which can make things more challenging, as I don't hand out as many powerful magic items on a whim. I love 3.5, I love D&D, joking around and hanging out. I'm just looking for a few other people who'd like to try it out with me online!

Anyway, message me if you have any questions or are interested!

Oh, and as for books that I own that I would prefer drawing things out of:

Races of Stone, Destiny and the Wild
Complete Warrior, Arcane, Scoundrel and Adventurer
Monster Manuals 1, 2 and 3
Psionics Handbook

Some of those are 3rd edition, but I do what I can to make them work with 3.5. I'm pretty flexible, though, so let me know if you have any questions or hopes!

Nylanfs
June 30th, 2015, 23:40
Welcome to the community!

Taonna
July 1st, 2015, 00:03
Good luck with your game I would love to play but I already have a game in that time slot

ShaggEllis
July 1st, 2015, 00:08
Can't wait for it to start. I'm on board!

Lance Dieselman
July 1st, 2015, 00:25
It's gonna be super good. I imagine people will one day call this game "Genre-Defining" and "An Instant Classic".

RespawningPleaseWait
July 1st, 2015, 03:13
I would like to give it a try if you have slots available.

Neruz
July 1st, 2015, 12:15
That does sound interesting, if there's still room I'd like to join too

JerryRig
July 1st, 2015, 15:06
Glad to see another DM out there digging in and ready to play it as it was made to be played old school. Would try out but I run my own game Tuesday evenings as well.

TheShroud
July 2nd, 2015, 00:06
Welcome to the community!!! I'd love to join ur game but alas I am in classes tuesdays :(. If you ever run a game on other days of the week let me know!

Lance Dieselman
July 3rd, 2015, 04:17
So it looks like I have enough players now! Unfortunately, I need to use Hamachi and it only supports 4 other people, otherwise I'd try for a bigger group (Our tabletop game ran with 9 people for a while, which was massive, but still super fun). I might still message people who expressed interest if some of the players fall through, but for the moment I think I should put a moratorium on applications. Thanks to everyone who responded!

Trenloe
July 8th, 2015, 18:59
Unfortunately, I need to use Hamachi and it only supports 4 other people, otherwise I'd try for a bigger group
You can run multiple instances of Hamachi at the same time - giving 4 connections per instance running, so you can have more players. See the "How to get more than 4 players connected" section in post #1 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20309-GM-Connection-Issues-Tried-Everything-Try-Hamachi

Lance Dieselman
July 8th, 2015, 19:02
You can run multiple instances of Hamachi at the same time - giving 4 connections per instance running, so you can have more players. See the "How to get more than 4 players connected" section in post #1 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20309-GM-Connection-Issues-Tried-Everything-Try-Hamachi

Oh wow, thanks a ton! I hadn't seen that, but it opens up a ton of options. If anyone still wants to join, send a PM my way!

Lance Dieselman
July 10th, 2015, 22:24
So we're all ready to start, Tuesday 14th, 7 PM EST, but there's still time to join, almost all classes! Get in before the first game and earn a free promotional Jermlaine!

thomasdarkrose
July 11th, 2015, 21:15
I am sooooo looking foreword to next Tuesday. Oh and Lance, where the heck is my promotion?!

Lance Dieselman
July 30th, 2015, 22:18
Still have room for more, and we especially need an arcane spellcaster! We've already started and had a few sessions, but everyone is still level 1 so there's time to get in on the ground floor. The group as it stands is a Samurai, a Psion, a Ranger/about to be Spirit Shaman Multiclass, a Cleric and a Rogue, so fairly well rounded overall. Send me a PM or reply here if interested!

Guilherme
August 1st, 2015, 04:42
Hi, I would like to play 3.5, It has been a long time that I play 3.5, mostly Ravenloft, darken or forgotten realms, if you still have slots available, please let me know.

My e-mail: [email protected]

Vhok
August 4th, 2015, 02:53
your mailbox is full lance

Lance Dieselman
August 4th, 2015, 03:00
Rookie mistake, should be room now

Lance Dieselman
August 28th, 2015, 19:07
One spot open for Tuesdays at 7 PM EST! Looking for a second level character, ideally someone tank-like as the party is currently composed of a psion, a cleric, a rogue, a sorcerer and a ranger/spirit shaman. Message me if you're interested!

thomasdarkrose
September 8th, 2015, 01:02
Hey dude. Your mailbox is full again.
Wanted to know if we were on for tomorrow night or if the Rent-In-Laws are still hanging around. We should probably make an entry on the game calendar for this kind of thing in the future.

Lance Dieselman
September 8th, 2015, 03:32
We are on like Sisqo's Thong Song, my friend. Deleting inbox and making a calendar entry now.