PDA

View Full Version : New to 5e? Lost Mines of Phandelver

Dave0910
June 30th, 2015, 11:11
I'm looking to run the Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign with both experienced and new players who are interested in getting into 5e. For those already in the group, this is a chance to try out 5e before we buy the overpriced manual, so please understand we are using the basic rules. The basic rules are limited to 4 classes (Cleric, Fighter, Rogue and Wizard) and 5 races (Human, Dwarf, Elf, Half-Elf and Halfling). The campaign is separated into 4 parts, and will likely be completed in 5-7 sessions.

I'm looking for 2-3 additional players. These players can be either veterans or newbies, but I'd like to have at least one of each. The games are set for Thursday nights from about 9pm to 1am EST. Anyone interested, please post to the thread and download the basic rules (https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules) from TSR. I'm hoping to start the campaign this Thursday (I know, last minute, but I lost a player due to schedule conflicts). Interested parties will be contacted via PM. While I would like to start sooner than later, I'm not just going to take the first 3 people who message me.

Mask_of_winter
July 1st, 2015, 01:35
TSR? We have an old school gamer in our midst :)
Good luck to you Dave and welcome to the community!

Grantland
July 1st, 2015, 01:46
I am interested in Playing and have the Basic rules downloaded.. I have very little experience in both FG and D&D. My timezone is Mountain.

jdix03
July 1st, 2015, 02:21
I interested if you're still looking. I have not played 5th edition yet, but am a long time D&D player. I am very new to Fantasy Grounds though, but eager to learn :D

TheShroud
July 1st, 2015, 04:19
I would be interested in playing

tor13
July 1st, 2015, 17:56
I don't know if you've filled out your party yet, but I'm interested in joining if there is still room.

Caesar
July 1st, 2015, 23:21
Hi, would be interested in joining the group. I'm new to 5e and FG but have played back during 1st/2nd edition when it was TSR.
I have the FG license with class pack and am familiar with the basic rules.

Darkheart
July 2nd, 2015, 01:26
I would be interested. I am new to FG but old school gamer. Have an Ultimate account but I want to play some before I run some. I have played all D&D incarnations as well as shadowrun, VTM, Call of Cthulhu etc.

damned
July 2nd, 2015, 04:15
Dave0910 looks like you might have the makings of a good group already!

If there are players left over and are available early mornings this thread might have appeal - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24974-New-DM-guaging-interest-for-D-amp-D5e-Lost-mines-campaign-(gmt-10)

eFeRaven
July 2nd, 2015, 06:18
Hello all!
I'm also interested in joining if there is room. I've bought the rule book and read through it a few times. I have a decent grasp of the rules, but could use an experienced DM to run me through my first ever D&D game.
If anyone would be interested in helping, that would be great!