PDA

View Full Version : [LFG] DnD 5e Lost Mine of Phandelver - available most days about 7 pm BST

ElrikAndersson
June 30th, 2015, 10:52
Hello everyone

I've played roleplaying games for many years, but never DnD and I've been itching to try out DnD 5 and the scenario Lost Mine of Phandelver. Complete noob about DnD, my knowledge comes from the Saturday morning cartoon and the Baldurs Gate and NWN games.
My interest has been so intense that I picked up a copy of the starter set but still havent found a DM or even a group to play with...
Being a complete noob, I'd prefer to play with a friendly group preferably people who are in the same position as me. I'm experienced at roleplaying, just have no clue about the rules system for DnD. Or at least a noob friendly group.
I live in Europe, so any groups outside of Europe is still interesting to me, provided that it's at not too odd times (I once had to get up at 4 AM to participate in one game and I don't wish to repeat that).
I've got mic, cam and a google plus account (if the group prefers to use it), Skype and what have you (including now a Fantasy Grounds free license, can go for a monthly sub if there's an interesting game but I'm not paying until I know for certain there's a game).
So, please, if there is a spot available in your group or you have a tip about a group playing DnD 5 LMoP, let me know.

Kind regards
Erik

damned
June 30th, 2015, 11:19
This game will be running at around 9am/10am and could be running on Sat or Sun...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24974-New-DM-guaging-interest-for-D-amp-D5e-Lost-mines-campaign-(gmt-10)

ElrikAndersson
June 30th, 2015, 11:33
Okay, I suck a bit at the timzone bit, but if you guys are playing around 9/10 AM local time in Australia then it would be about 1/2 AM for me in Euope (UTC+2), is that correct?

damned
June 30th, 2015, 11:35
730pm AUS time +10.
comes out to 1030am/1130am your time?

ElrikAndersson
June 30th, 2015, 11:37
Thank you for clearning that out. I thought you were playing in the morning for some reason :P
10:30/11:30 works just fine for me.

tehl33tg33k
June 30th, 2015, 13:46
Hello everyone

I've played roleplaying games for many years, but never DnD and I've been itching to try out DnD 5 and the scenario Lost Mine of Phandelver. Complete noob about DnD, my knowledge comes from the Saturday morning cartoon and the Baldurs Gate and NWN games.
My interest has been so intense that I picked up a copy of the starter set but still havent found a DM or even a group to play with...
Being a complete noob, I'd prefer to play with a friendly group preferably people who are in the same position as me. I'm experienced at roleplaying, just have no clue about the rules system for DnD. Or at least a noob friendly group.
I live in Europe, so any groups outside of Europe is still interesting to me, provided that it's at not too odd times (I once had to get up at 4 AM to participate in one game and I don't wish to repeat that).
I've got mic, cam and a google plus account (if the group prefers to use it), Skype and what have you (including now a Fantasy Grounds free license, can go for a monthly sub if there's an interesting game but I'm not paying until I know for certain there's a game).
So, please, if there is a spot available in your group or you have a tip about a group playing DnD 5 LMoP, let me know.

Kind regards
Erik

Hi Erik,

I was in a similar position not too long ago; completely new to both D&D and FG. With a little help from the community, and damned in particular, I am now part of a regular game on Thursday evenings. The campaign is currently full, but I am very eager to get another game on the go. I live in the UK, so our timezones are close. Due to my work hours, I am unavailable until 9pm BST, but I am free any day of the week except Thursday.

I have never DMed and would prefer not to do so until I have a little more experience with the game, but if you'd like to join me in a search, we have the beginnings of a group.

ElrikAndersson
June 30th, 2015, 14:07
Hello tehl33tg33k,
damned just got me in touch with a fellow, and a thanks to him for that. I am still interested in looking around for more opportunities for further or future games too here on FG.
I've been DMing Dragons and Daemons, Mutant 2089, Mutant the Inheritors of Doom, Mutant Chronicles, Vampire the Masquerade, World of Darkness etc etc for more than 15 years and I'm rather tired of it. Need to do some playing for a bit, I might jump into DMing again some day, just need a break. Or if we can get a group together, that we have a schedule so everyone or a couple of people shift and do DMing now and again.

You can count me in, mate. I'm only one hour before you, time-zone wise so it would be great if we could find two more players and a DM. I work a weird schedule right now, but it's mostly during daytime (my evening lectures are ending this week so no more teaching, semester is over for me until fall, yippiii!!!).

tehl33tg33k
June 30th, 2015, 15:41
Cool. I have reached out to a couple of people who may wish to play. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who can DM. Do you have a preference to a day to play?

ElrikAndersson
June 30th, 2015, 15:55
That sounds great! We'll see if there's a DM available later on.
I don't have any preferred days at the moment due to a constantly shifting schedule.

Ithikari
July 2nd, 2015, 13:29
Hey, I'm definitely interested in this! 4PM (my time) sounds fine. I work midnight shifts so this suits my time :)

tehl33tg33k
July 2nd, 2015, 13:46
So we have three players. There's quite a few players joining my other campaign tonight, so if there's too many I can possibly get them to join this one. Need to find someone willing to DM a newbie group, now. If everyone is happy with 9pm BST (and thank you all for working around my shift pattern) then all we need to decide is on a day. I can do any day of the week except Thursday. Any preferences?

Ithikari
July 2nd, 2015, 13:50
I can do Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

ElrikAndersson
July 2nd, 2015, 21:44
As I said before, I don't have any preference. Days are not that important to me, as long as it's in the evening.

ElrikAndersson
July 3rd, 2015, 09:06
So we have three players. There's quite a few players joining my other campaign tonight, so if there's too many I can possibly get them to join this one. Need to find someone willing to DM a newbie group, now. If everyone is happy with 9pm BST (and thank you all for working around my shift pattern) then all we need to decide is on a day. I can do any day of the week except Thursday. Any preferences?
Good morning,
How did it go yesterday at your other campaign?

tehl33tg33k
July 3rd, 2015, 21:19
Good evening,

Just finished work. I'm afraid to say that it didn't. Our DM wasn't very well, so we called it off last night. Will post on the game calendar when we have decided on a day. I'm the chef at the pub I live at, and Fridays can be a little mental so, if it's ok with everyone else, I vote Wednesday evenings at 9pm BST (I finish at 9, so may be a little later, but only by ten minutes at most).

So, what we need now is a DM. And one more player, but with a DM at least we can get the ruling on character creation (Rolled ability scores or base spread etc.) Which brings up another question. What does everyone want to play? I always pick a rogue, but am willing to try out another if someone else want it.

But I digress, anyone know a DM? Or someone willing to try it for the first time? Would we be happy with a newbie DM?

ElrikAndersson
July 3rd, 2015, 22:31
Time is still fine by me, and Wednesday don't sound too bad in my opinion.
I don't know, I've been thinking about a cleric but since I'm completely unknowing of the game I'm not entirely sure what to start with (the class just popped into my head).
Don't know any DM. Newbie DM could work too, as a way for all of us to learn together and it might get really messy if it doesn't work.

tehl33tg33k
July 3rd, 2015, 22:40
Found a post by somebody looking to DM; sounds like they knows what they're doing, just re-learning FG. They're looking at a different campaign to start off with, but I'm sure we can sort something out; all the same rules, just a different story.

Anyway, I've given them the forum link to have a look at. If they're interested, they'll post here.

tehl33tg33k
July 3rd, 2015, 22:42
Time is still fine by me, and Wednesday don't sound too bad in my opinion.
I don't know, I've been thinking about a cleric but since I'm completely unknowing of the game I'm not entirely sure what to start with (the class just popped into my head).
Don't know any DM. Newbie DM could work too, as a way for all of us to learn together and it might get really messy if it doesn't work.

A cleric will be useful. Every party needs a healer :)

Mavrik6666
July 6th, 2015, 19:11
Hi tehl33tg33k
UK based DM, experienced, but very novice friendly.. if yor group is still looking for a DM let me know, late play is fine, provided we can get a regular set going

Let me know

tehl33tg33k
July 6th, 2015, 20:11
Hi Mavrik,

We are indeed still looking. I think we're agreed on a weekly game on a Wednesday at 9pm BST. We have three players confirmed, will push on getting a fourth. I know it's not ideal, but we could start with the three of us until we find someone; first session could be used to help the absolute beginners create characters and such.

Which brings us to the start date. I can't speak for everyone else, but I'd be happy (and dare I say eager) to start as soon as possible, which would be this coming Wednesday (8th). If you're still interested, could you start a calendar and invite ElrikAndersson, Ithikari and myself to it. We can then use the link to advertise for additional players.

Oh, and thank you :)

Mavrik6666
July 6th, 2015, 23:59
Have added a game in the calendar - called Starter LMoP.. happy to start this Wednesday if you are all about

tehl33tg33k
July 7th, 2015, 00:12
Awesome.

If everyone can sign up here;

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1504

then we can start on Wednesday if there aren't any objections.

ElrikAndersson
July 7th, 2015, 07:08
That's great! :)

Mavrik6666
July 7th, 2015, 08:26
accepted you two guys on the roster

ElrikAndersson
July 7th, 2015, 12:59
Thank you :)

Mavrik6666
July 7th, 2015, 13:48
Like I said in my post above.. I like to use OovOO for the comms, please down load, sign up , and add me as a contact .. ID below

ElrikAndersson
July 7th, 2015, 18:08
I've added you