PDA

View Full Version : New DM guaging interest for D&D5e Lost mines campaign (gmt+10)

Goltron
June 30th, 2015, 03:22
Hi all,
I'm fairly new to both D&D and fantasy grounds and would like to run the starter campaign Lost mines of phandelver as DM to
A) introduce a friend or two to the awesome world of tabletop rpg and fantasy grounds.
B) experience the game from the DM side of the screen as it is something i can see myself enjoying.

I am from Sydney so my timezone is gmt+10, I would prefer to play on a friday sunday or monday evening starting around 730pm and running for 3-4 hrs per session on a weekly basis.

I will require more player because at the moment there is myself to DM and 1, maybe 2 players.
If this sounds like something that you are interested in and suits your times of availability please express interest here or via PM and maybe suggest what time (gmt+10) would suit you.

Cheers

damned
June 30th, 2015, 03:47
Hey Goltron - Im also in Sydney. We play Saturdays from 830pm and for the last 4 years we have always had at least one (keen) US based player getting up nice and early to join us. I will send any players your way that I think might suit!

ElrikAndersson
June 30th, 2015, 12:12
Hello,
I've had a word with damned, and he set me straight about time zones (I'm in Europe GMT+2) so I would say with some planning on game time I'd be interested in playing with you the Lost Mines of Phandelver scenario.

glacius
June 30th, 2015, 20:46
Im definitely interested. Still have spots?

Goltron
June 30th, 2015, 21:34
Sure do, you make 3

Goltron
July 2nd, 2015, 01:03
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1497

Here is the link to the game calendar page for this game. Please jump on and sign up there if you are still interested in joining.

Grantland
July 2nd, 2015, 04:19
I'm interested, I'm mountain time zone I think that is GMT -7) though don't know how that will fit. Sorry just checked timing that won't work for me

AxitMaster
July 7th, 2015, 15:10
HI all am GMT +2 (Eastern European Time too so this is midday for ma and this definitely is perfectly timed for me. Really looking forward to playing 5e.

Just wanted to know how you want to work character creation? Will it be the first session or can we create and post you the xml for our characters. If this last option what are the create guidelines you want to use for your game.

Thanks, looking forward to this.

Goltron
July 7th, 2015, 20:18
Was intending to run through creation during first session using any phb approved way to determine stats. Should help myself and the other players get to know the characters before we start off. Also the party composition is not set in stone yet so a character creation session should be a good chance for the party to settle on what each player will use.

AxitMaster
July 7th, 2015, 20:34
Perfect see you all Friday then :D

ProphetPX
July 7th, 2015, 21:18
I should be there. Unless someone else does end up playing a frontline character (in which case i can resort to a warlock type class instead) then I will play my Blue Dragonborn Fighter, which I made yesterday using the OLD 5e Pathguy generator.

Teknykk
July 8th, 2015, 06:05
Hello Goltron and assorted folks.

I would very much be interested in playing if you'd be willing to have me. I just need to know what I'll need to play...I'm considering getting Fantasy Grounds on Steam but the price of it and all the D&D 5th Edition DLC is up into the $200 mark. Which isn't out of my ability to get, I just want to make sure such a purchase will be worthwhile and used enough. To start with I would get just the base program is that's all I need, and I own all the physical 5th Edition books to-date, including this Starter Set, so I'm very keen to try out 5th Edition but it's almost impossible to find a physical group in Hervey Bay.

Having said that, I would love nothing more than to join you folks. I tend to lean towards characters related to nature, the arcane or stealth...but I'd be willing to be pretty flexible on this. I just need to some information above clarified about what I'll need and roughly the time and days we'll be playing for. I'm at GMT+10 but in Queensland, so there's no daylight savings here when it's active. As I said, I would be willing to buy the base program on Steam if that's enough...I'm not overly vocal on voice chats though, and tend to role-play far better in text.

You can speak to me on Steam if you like Goltron, under the name Teknykk (real name is Stacy, male). And don't worry, I've only skimmed the Starter Set, so I don't really remember much about this adventure...I just know it's a mighty fine one with a lot of content for it's level range.

Thanks!

ProphetPX
July 8th, 2015, 07:01
if you are just going to be a player and not a DM, then you do NOT NEED to pay 1 cent for fantasy grounds. i have played entire games on it using only the FREE DEMO version. Relax :)

Teknykk
July 8th, 2015, 07:11
Ah I may intend to DM at some point. I was just curious as to how the program worked precisely. I'm quite happy to spend $40 on something worthwhile if I can get a solid group of people to enjoy it with for months to come. I'd rather a full version than a demo if it means at some point I could DM for them or others in future. I guess what I meant to ask previously, was if the DM has the 5e DLC, would they automatically "share" it with the players in the session?

As for relaxed...I am, just very keen to try the new system. I've heard great things about it, and I'd rather leave my old 3.5e in the past and enjoy the new 5e. I've signed up on the calendar though, 7:30-8pm start time is perfectly fine for me, probably 8pm in DST periods seeing as the DM would be offset and I wouldn't. It leaves plenty of room for dinner beforehand and leaves the whole night to playing.

Aaron
July 8th, 2015, 10:14
Hi Teknykk,

When we play with Goltron, we use any modules that he has purchased, or created with Par5e (which are shared as you mentioned). The only thing you need as a player is a base license for Fantasy Grounds (unless the DM has Ultimate), which is $40 US, or you can do it via subscription. Any modules we have purchased ourselves (Eg. I own the PHB through FG), are unavailable while we are not the DM.

Looking forward to playing with you all on Friday.

Teknykk
July 8th, 2015, 10:27
Hey Aaron. Yeah I decided to buy the base game for now. Happy to pay the $40 when I might end up being DM in future for anyone here or elsewhere. I think I managed to find that stuff is shared by DM too when I was reading the store information here. Thanks for the confirmation though, and definitely looking forward to Friday. I haven't decided fully yet, but I'm leaning towards playing and Arcane character, possibly a Elf (Drow) Warlock...seeing as all races now are pretty much in-line with each other and there's no more Level Adjustment annoyances.

damned
July 8th, 2015, 12:08
Welcome Teknykk. Even if you dont end up being a GM when you buy a license it helps to support the ongoing development. Hope you have a great time. There are a growing number of AUS players here.