PDA

View Full Version : Half Damage Vs Immune to damage type.

Krogania
June 29th, 2015, 04:29
In the ridiculously extremely awkwardly rare case that follows, there is a bug.

In 5e, if you deal [Half] damage with an ability to something, but only deal 1 damage with that ability, it is hard coded to deal a minimum of 1 damage (which is in fact correct). However, this one damage goes through immunity to the damage type (not correct, as my fire immune creatures all took 1 fire damage). When the player dealt any other amount of damage with their fire ability, all of the damage was properly ignored.

Thanks for looking into this!
Krogania

Nickademus
June 29th, 2015, 17:57
Something I've seen in another ruleset that might be related (but I haven't tested yet) is that bonus damage from the modifier box isn't typed the same as the damage that it is being added to. This might not be the case with damage like 'slashing', but for damage that interacts differently with the UI, such as 'nonlethal', the modifier box bonus isn't treated the same.

5e doesn't have nonlethal damage, so this wouldn't be visible, but I think it is the same case of FG doing something to the damage in the programming (dropping the fractional damage and using '1' as a minimum for the example above) that strips the damage type and isn't properly handled by FG.

Zacchaeus
June 30th, 2015, 13:41
I'd report this in the 5e Bugs thread in the 5e forum; it might get missed here. Probably not but you never know...