PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade in my maps

Art Wendorf
June 28th, 2015, 21:34
Quick note to my players: DON'T PEEK!! ( :p )

Here's a quick snapshot of what I learned to do today. On the right is the map I shared with my players yesterday. On the left is the one I made today through a combination of GiMP, Pyromancer's Dungeon Painter Online (https://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/) and a healthy helping of Google telling me what to do. Granted it took me 6 times longer to do the left map than the right map, but that time was just figuring out what the heck to do!

Also included are the two maps outside of Fantasy Grounds.

Things just took a giant step in a positive direction. Even if the new map is a bit dark and such, tweaking skills is always much easier than learning them in the first place!

Good Gaming, everybody!!

Trenloe
June 28th, 2015, 21:39
Nice one. It's always good to see GMs improving their VTT skills - and to such good effect too. :)

damned
June 29th, 2015, 00:27
once you work out how to use your graphics tools it will get easier and quicker.
well done.

Art Wendorf
July 7th, 2015, 17:43
Just discovered a downside to Pyromancer's Dungeon Painter Online, though I must make it clear that it's my own hangup and something that can be fixed by adding more tiles yourself, and that is I found myself altering my maps to accommodate the tiles/decorations/etc. I'd go: "I want an X here and a squiggly wall here made of..., oh wait. I don't have that tile or X so I guess I'll do Y instead!" Still beautiful maps, but I think I'm going to try some other stuff, too.