PDA

View Full Version : UKG Publishing - Release our first Mini Adventure (for Free)

ukgpublishing
December 19th, 2004, 20:46
Hi All

Just a brief introduction. UKG Publishing are a small press pdf publisher of d20 and gaming materials on RPGNow. We have decided to support Fantasy Grounds as a media for publishing adventures, and to get a feel for the type of adventure and prices, etc.. we have released our first conversion of one of our mini adventures for Free.

You can download the mini adventure from:

https://www.uk-gamerz.com/publishing/Totfk.zip

Simply unzip into your Campaign directory and a new campaign called Toftk will be added.

This includes maps (DM and Player) and also a few tokens for the monsters in the adventure.

This is a small adventure for 4 1st-3rd level characters and if successful, similar adventures (although slightly larger) would prbably sell on RPGNow for around $2 to $2.50.

We look forward to your feedback and to experimenting with this wonderful program some more :D

Dupre
December 19th, 2004, 21:03
Fabulous looking campaign! The dev team will be playing this soon :P

Art Wendorf
December 19th, 2004, 23:59
Cool. Downloaded it and will give it the ol' eyeball sometime tonight.

Edit: Did you use Dungeon Crafter to make your dungeon maps?

Elric
December 20th, 2004, 01:19
Looks Great! :D

Small typo under Personalities/Shadow Fire (Description)

'Should the party enter cambat with him, they are dead meat!'

ukgpublishing
December 20th, 2004, 02:28
Cool. Downloaded it and will give it the ol' eyeball sometime tonight.

Edit: Did you use Dungeon Crafter to make your dungeon maps?

Dungeon Crafter was used for the GM's Maps, and good ole artistic talent for the Players Maps.

ukgpublishing
December 20th, 2004, 02:29
Looks Great! :D

Small typo under Personalities/Shadow Fire (Description)

'Should the party enter cambat with him, they are dead meat!'

Oops, thats what you get for concentrating on the XML and not spelling :)

Thanks

Zulithe
December 20th, 2004, 11:15
Great :) I definitely see a market in this, especially once Fantasy Grounds catches on more. I think if the Demo wasn't so restrictive, to where people could use it in actual play, even with registered users (while still having some significant restrictions) it would begin to catch on faster. It would quickly become the standard for online roleplaying if Fantasy Grounds adopted a looser strategy.

SpyNavy
February 25th, 2005, 05:14
I would definitely buy more modules in that price range. This is a well done campaign and I appreciate the effort. I am really pushing this product FG and the support it seems to be receiving within my small realm of gaming. While our community and site is more geared to PC and Console gaming most of us are long time PnP gamers who have moved to the electronic medium.

Thanks for the work.

- Spy

Thore_Ironrock
February 26th, 2005, 01:49
I would definitely buy more modules in that price range. This is a well done campaign and I appreciate the effort. I am really pushing this product FG and the support it seems to be receiving within my small realm of gaming. While our community and site is more geared to PC and Console gaming most of us are long time PnP gamers who have moved to the electronic medium.
- Spy

Hey Spy,

I just wanted to say (and now is as good a time as any) that I am currently working with a group of publishers to produce original adventures for Fantasy Grounds, as well as converting existing printed product from some of d20's best to the FG format. We're just getting this venture off the ground, but hopefully we'll have an official annoucement and downloads very soon.

Stay tuned!

-Thore

SpyNavy
February 26th, 2005, 04:53
Most of my players and colleagues are very interested in FG as well as the modules. A couple have already decided to buy and we it has reinvigorated our "interest" in PnP games again. Looking forward t running your module with my guys.

NeoDante
March 10th, 2005, 10:58
Has any progress been made?

Anonymous
March 10th, 2005, 11:11
We are about half way through converting our second mini adventure.

New baby has made a mockery of my schedules :-)

onky
March 15th, 2005, 14:08
I´m now close to buying Fantasy Grounds, if enough players are present in the GMT+1 timezone (I did see a few europeans around on the board). I do visit RPGnow quite regularly since I have my own shop there as well, and I´d be buying UKG adventures for FG as well. These mini adventures would do well around the US$2-3 pricerange I reckon.

Great work (by just looking at the XML since I only have the demo of FG so far;))

richvalle
March 31st, 2005, 03:00
John,

I'm trying to add as much downloadable material on adventuresomedreams.com (a one shop stop!) as I can. Can we host your free module or not? I'll put this as the descripton:

"A free module from UKGPublishing. They also sell some FG modules at great prices at www.rpgnow.com."

I tried to host it as a link to the file but its not letting me do that. :(

No problems if you're rather we didn't. I'll still buy your stuff! :)

rv

ukgpublishing
March 31st, 2005, 06:10
John,

I'm trying to add as much downloadable material on adventuresomedreams.com (a one shop stop!) as I can. Can we host your free module or not? I'll put this as the descripton:

"A free module from UKGPublishing. They also sell some FG modules at great prices at www.rpgnow.com."

I tried to host it as a link to the file but its not letting me do that. :(

No problems if you're rather we didn't. I'll still buy your stuff! :)

rv

By all means host a copy of the free adventure.

Aladane
August 24th, 2005, 04:01
FG looks great, but when I go to your store finding stuff for FG is impossible, let alone finding the "free" sample.

Can you help with some tips on how to navigate your site for Fantasy Grounds adventures..........thanks in advance

sroach
October 26th, 2005, 04:16
Nice look adventure, one little note:

The Dragon is missing all of it's combat information.

Not that you should need it, unless the adventures want a really quick game :D :shock: