PDA

View Full Version : Updated CoreRPG based Shadowrun 4E Rulest

ianmward
June 27th, 2015, 08:40
I have finally decided that the updated ruleset is stable enough to share with the community, thanks for your patience and enjoy it.

This version is built on the previous work of Fenloh, Verokh, exothermal and Thasmiel and includes a number of enhancements:

Port to CoreRPG
Combat Tracker
NPC Sheet
Combat Targeting for weapons and spells
Automated rolling of resistance and armor resistance tests
Automatic application of damage
Drag and Drop for: Weapons, Ammo, Armor, Spells, Skills, Commlinks, O/S and Programs
Initial, basic library module (with no descriptions) for the above as well as some gear

The library is basic and missing a large amount of gear, which will get added over time.
There are also some icons which are not very intuitive...

I am planning on uploading some videos and a manual to show the features... watch this space...

This ruleset is a community project developed for no monetary gain and with the understanding that game mechanics are not protected by US Copyright laws:
https://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl108.html
As such, no literary work (which is covered by US Copyright) has been included in this ruleset.

The Topps Company, Inc. has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. The Topps Company, Inc. has granted permission to the author of this ruleset to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes in this ruleset but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with SmiteWorks or the author in any official capacity whatsoever.

The following links link to my Google Drive but I hope some kind (and powerful) soul will upload them to the Wiki.

Shadowrun4-basicrules.mod (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NhaJTp4DWFJJUFro6lQoqQqlzQiGFsjN/view)
Shadowrun4.pak (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lHcvS-ugV9O1SIiLxkar6gyy_GeL-tEP/view?usp=sharing)

1.1.10 Fixed NPC full defense toggle (now works for Ranged attacks but is still not correct for Melee attacks)
Now does not apply wound penalties to Spell Drain Resist checks
Increased font sized on FGU

Please post any issues here.

ianmward
June 27th, 2015, 08:41

These and more can be found on my Google Drive... (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2lfM8KN50STfi1mT09DNVhfQUV1R2lFbm5vcHNlL WozRURISV94WnF1SDQ0YWplU3hsNHM)

ianmward
June 27th, 2015, 08:41
Also reserved for future use

Moon Wizard
June 27th, 2015, 19:29
Link to this thread added to wiki.

Cheers,
JPG

OTG_Wraith
June 28th, 2015, 00:30
Tremendous work Ian. You've done a great job, and I'm very excited about the the future of this project.

inawkwardscience
July 13th, 2015, 03:26
Awesome! I love the look of the interface. I can't wait to try it out.

ianmward
July 13th, 2015, 04:39
Awesome! I love the look of the interface. I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks, though I have to say that I inherited most of it.

Let me know how you get on and any requests...

ianmward
July 14th, 2015, 02:54
After a prompt from Blackfoot I have fixed the charter sheet minimise problem where even though the window looked smaller, it still covered everything underneath.

I have updated the download.

Nylanfs
July 14th, 2015, 12:07
Now we just need to get Doug, john, Jason, Randall, & Loren together with Topps so Ian can make a few bucks. And we get full libraries. :-)

ianmward
July 15th, 2015, 12:53
I just added a load of screenshots for anyone who's interested. See post #2

ianmward
July 16th, 2015, 08:08
Updated to fix a couple of problems:
Fixed drop of items on top of other items causing the creation of multiple copies
Fixed NPC attacks using "Unarmed Combat"

MadBeardMan
July 25th, 2015, 18:23
Evening Chaps, this looks excellent, downloaded it and about to give it a whirl.

I've had my graphics people at work knock up a few toons and a basic room for me to play with tomorrow night.

Here's the example room, she's very good I think, trying to convince them to make a few packs worth of goodies.

Cheers
MBM

ianmward
July 26th, 2015, 01:08
Very nice! What software do your people use?

damned
July 26th, 2015, 01:44
Evening Chaps, this looks excellent, downloaded it and about to give it a whirl.

I've had my graphics people at work knock up a few toons and a basic room for me to play with tomorrow night.

Here's the example room, she's very good I think, trying to convince them to make a few packs worth of goodies.

Cheers
MBM

Nice job MadBeardMan!

MadBeardMan
July 26th, 2015, 11:55
Morning,

They use Photoshop (CS5 I think).

The artists do all the painting for my wargaming company that I run with a friend. But in the evenings and spare days they love drawing this kind of thing but don't know where to start. So in return for helping them they're hopefully going to create a good number of things (for me to start) but for then to hopefully sell in packs here for other players. I've not found a massive number of good images for SR so I hope we can sort that out.

Here's another example, the scale is wrong, should be 128x128 but its just a tester. This is a female elf mage, she's casting a spell whilst dressed for a night out dancing. The green ring around her is something I am going to see if I can show their state of health (green-yellow-orange-red) - not sure on how to do this yet.

So to finish, we're looking for ideas for graphic packs for other players. If you have any ideas drop me a message.

@Ian, if you need any help on this drop me a message, I'd love to move forward with this.

Cheers
Colin aka MBM

ianmward
July 26th, 2015, 12:41
Very cool! You're right, I have found it difficult to find good tokens and map tiles for Shadowrun.

MadBeardMan
July 26th, 2015, 22:37
Evening Folks,

Tonight went better than expected, only a few things I need to ask but I'm very impressed, makes casting spells soooo much quicker and all that stuff, very good job!

1. How do I add weapons to my NPC's? I see in the tool-tip (very very hard to read) 'Colt Manhunter {Heavy Pistols, DV 5P, AP -1, SA, RC 0, 16(c), smartgun}' What am I doing wrong here, spells work, they become highlightable words that I then drag the dice into the combat tracker and drop it onto the PC, but can't seem be able to do that with weapons.
2. Can't seem to drag/drop Cyberware into Character sheets, is there anyway to link these to stats/skills?

And the final thing, Combat Tracker. I can't seem to work it out, Next Actor appears to be start a new round, and I see Pass appear for some toons and the target seems to do nothing, so if there's a link to a video or something for SR4 that would be ace.

Great work though, very good, quite impressed.

One bug though, Fireball, reports P damage in the results chat box, but then updates Stun Damage on the PC.

Cheers
Colin

ianmward
July 27th, 2015, 01:15
Great to hear it went well.

Thanks for taking the time to post your experiences, I really appreciate it!

1. The tooltip is not too clear... The format uses square brackets and entries are separated by semi-colons:
Colt Manhunter [Heavy Pistols, DV 5P, AP -1, SA, RC 0, 16(c), smartgun]
where:
* the 'Heavy Pistols' is the weapon category
* DV is the weapon Damage Value
* AP is the Armour Piercing
* SA is the fire mode
(If a weapon has multiple fire modes, you should duplicate the weapon for each)
- * SS - Single Shot
- * SA - Semi Automatic
- * SB - Short Wide Burst (-2 Defense Pool)
- * SNB Short Narrow Burst (+2 DV)
- * LB - Long Wide Burst (-5 Defense Pool)
- * LNB - Long Narrow Burst (+5 DV)
- * FA - Wide Full Auto (-9 Defense Pool)
- * NFA - Narrow Full Auto (+9 DV)
* RC is the recoil (currently ignored in the automation)
* 16(c) is the ammo capacity and type (currently ignored in the automation)
* smartgun is where you add any other notes.
This format is taken from the published adventures so you can copy and paste, though I admit, there are some variations and so you'll have to edit in many cases.

For melee weapons or critter attacks:
Sword [Blades, Reach 0, DV 3P, AP -1]
where:
* 'Blades' is the weapon category - use 'Unarmed Combat' for critters

2. I haven't done a cyberware library or drag/drop yet, it is on the list of things to do. Linking to the stats will be tricky as there are so many possible variations. You can, however manually add the mods to skills and stats (for skills, right click on the skill and select add modifier, then choose the modifier type and description).

For the combat tracker:
on the GMs view, in the attack section there is a check box to mark if initiative has been rolled. On the menu you can roll all NPC initiatives (make sure the PC/NPC sheet has the number of initiative passes set to above 0 or he won't get to act!). When the initiative is rolled (either through the menu or on the sheet) the result and the number of passes is populated on the combat tracker and the initiative order set up.
Hitting next actor will select the first and then subsequent actors in turn, as each actor acts, you will see the passes value decrement. when everyone has acted once, the next actor button will cause the marker to return to the first actor with remaining passes (value still above 0). When all characters have no passes left, the next actor button will move to the next round, reerolling NPC initiatives. The characters should re-roll theirs.

I'll take a look at the Fireball damage and fix it.

MadBeardMan
July 27th, 2015, 10:24
Morning Ian,

Thanks for your detailed response to my questions. My group and I are already talking underway on FB going through things and the two test players are singing the enjoyment that from their point of view things are pretty much there once the character is set up.

So going back to my questions.

1. I'm sure I did try [] square brackets, will be try again. The published adventures, are you talking about the monthly scenarios sold on DriveThruRPG etc, that are in seasons? If so that's great, we're running though them and are on Misson 04-03 Rally Cry next up.
2. No worries on this. I myself could see it could well be a real headache, so if you want any help let me know.

Lastly the look and feel. I was finding on my gaming rig that clicking the checkboxes was very hard. I run 1440p so they're sooooo tiny it hurts. Do you have any issues if I start to get my graphics folks looking at updating the entire look and feel. I know this is a huge job so it'll be done over time.

Anyway this is still all good and once I get the hang of the combat tracker then I'm sure I can worry about setting up the story/encounters.

Cheers
Col

ryway09
July 27th, 2015, 21:57
I am sorry to ask, because I feel it should be very obvious. But can I use this module to run a SR5E session? If not, what might be some suggestions on doing so.

Thanks

MadBeardMan
July 27th, 2015, 22:15
I am sorry to ask, because I feel it should be very obvious. But can I use this module to run a SR5E session? If not, what might be some suggestions on doing so.

Thanks

Hi Ryway09,

I've got 5E but not read enough into it as I'm keeping with my 4E 20th for the moment due to finding this excellent ruleset. My advice is to download it, create a test campaign, then run one window as GM and another as a test player and create a character. You'll see that you can put skills upto 12 but the resulting success rolls are not limited to Physical/Social etc. So you'll have to keep an eye on them.

You should also note that combat passes work different. If someone with Wired Reflexes got 3 passes they would get all 3, in 5E as far as I can remember, you take 10 of the rolled initiative as each pass is taken.

You could also find the some spells are different and so on, so I'd say play with it, see how well it copes with what you need and make a decision. As soon as I've learned how to make rulesets I think I'll give 5E a go.

Cheers
Col

MadBeardMan
July 27th, 2015, 22:21
Hi Ian (sorry me again)

Got the gun's all working within NPC sheets, cheers for that. It's all working nicely now.
Updated the passes info on the NPC sheets and made sure the test characters had those set and the Combat Tracker is all working.

Thanks for the tip with the Cyberware, as there's a checkbox (albeit a very tiny one) it's easy enough for them to change when things are turned on, ie smartgun link on a gun.

So I'm now super impressed, you've done a great job.

Cheers
Col

ianmward
July 27th, 2015, 23:13

Thanks
Hi,
There's no such thing as a stupid question :-)
While possible, it would not be perfect. There are a number of differences for 5e and I will be doing an updated ruleset to support them the main things are:
- Limits - all tests have a limit to the number of successes, all weapons need an accuracy rating for their limit
- Initiative - there are no init passes, instead there's a stat plus a number of dice to give a value which decrements by 10 each time you act and a new pass starts for those with remaining initiative.
- Armor - there is only one type of armor instead of the ballistic and impact in 4e.

They are not huge changes but make it a bit more difficult to use.

The other big change will be the library as the stats have changed for weapons and armor.

If you give it a go, let me know how you get on and if there are other things that I have missed.

ianmward
July 28th, 2015, 00:12
New update to fix the problem with physical spell damage being applied as stun.
Download updated in the first post.

MadBeardMan
July 28th, 2015, 09:22
New update to fix the problem with physical spell damage being applied as stun.
Download updated in the first post.

Excellent work. I shall give it a blast later (pun intended)

I think that's pretty much everything I need for my game bar running a proper session, but that day approaches during the summer holidays we have here in Blighty. I'd send you a beer if you were even remotely local Ian, instead I'll ask a friend in Sydney to send one over :)

ianmward
August 10th, 2015, 23:01
I'm running another intro mission for FGDaze this coming Saturday. There are still a couple of places available, so sign up and see this thing run!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25444-FGDaze-SR4-SRM02-2-Best-Served-Cold

Nylanfs
August 11th, 2015, 01:01
I posted to the official Shadowrun forums, so you might get some nibbles tonight.

MadBeardMan
August 14th, 2015, 16:38
Hi Chaps,

Here's the Token pack I've been working on. I've got 7 characters and 2 drones done, plus many colour variations of each. Note that in the samples they're shown larger than they are, but in the final packs they're all supplied in 128x128 pixel (which you'll see with the Ork sample).

A - Male Elf Mage
B - Male Half Orc Gun Adept
C - Male Human Street Samurai
D - Male Human Rigger
E - Female Dwarf Hacker
F - Female Elf Mage
G - Male Dwarf Street Shaman
H - MCT Fly-Spy. (shown about twice the size it would be)
I - MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone.

Here's an example of colour variations.

Forgive the spelling of Half Ork, was a very late night as I'm working on some Cthulhu stuff as well.

I've emailed Doug at FG asking how I can submit these.

I'm working on a second pack, another 7 characters (thinking Troll for a start), and some spirits (Bear and Large Eagle), but if you're looking for anything specific let me know.

So let me know what you think, a lot of time has gone into these and they're perfect for my own game but due to the lack of Tokens for SR out there, I thought I'd invest in getting some done.

Cheers
Colin

Mask_of_winter
August 15th, 2015, 00:48
Wow, those are really good!

ianmward
August 15th, 2015, 02:22
Really Cool! I can't wait to see more.

MadBeardMan
August 15th, 2015, 22:25
The sad news, been working on putting it all together for the store and alas the scale is wrong on 80% of them, so need to get them re-done sadly our art team are on holiday for 2 weeks. Darn.

Shiree
August 27th, 2015, 18:03
First of all, thank you so much for your work!

The problem is, me and my friends who are scatted all over germany have chosen the fifth edition of Shadowrun and still have to use the bugged old version of the ruleset because of our shaman and hermetic magician. Your ruleset, which I would prefer, is causing a major problem for our magic users, the automatic drain resist test and the automatic damage it deals to the character. Of course, you can manually uncheck the boxes of damage but in fights or during long and intensive roleplay evenings one could and will forget it one or two times and the damage is done.

So, I have a wish for your next version of this ruleset 1.04 I hope, could you please separate spellcheck und drain check? Maybe just add something to the options so you can deselect it. We would really appreciate it, because we could finally kill this old buggy piece of ruleset and use your version. Thanks again!

ianmward
August 27th, 2015, 22:48
Hi Shiree,
It's good to hear that we still have players in Germany, traditionally a bastion for Shadowrun! I am working on anSR5 version but I may be able to do as you suggest quickly to help you out.
I'll take a look and see.
Out of curiosity, can you summarise how the drain and damage changed in 5e? So I can do it right.

Shiree
August 28th, 2015, 08:27
I did not expect, or hope, to get an answer that fast, this is pretty impressive.

For the SR5 drain mechanism, I just quote the rules as they are printed in the English rulebook.

...For Conjuring tests, the Drain Value is twice the hits (not net hits) generated by the spirit when it resists the Conjuring attempt. Drain generally is inflicted on you as Stun damage, though there are situations in which it can be Physical damage (see the Sorcery, Conjuring, and Enchanting sections). You resist the damage from Drain through a Drain Resistance Test; each hit reduces the Drain by one. Any remaining Drain is applied as boxes of damage to your Stun (or Physical) Condition Monitor...

HERMETIC TRADITION:
Drain: Logic + Willpower

SHAMANIC TRADITION
Drain: Charisma + Willpower

Hope these are the information you looked for. You are doing a great job, at least my group is able to have once a week a great roleplaying time. And yes, Shadowrun is still big in germany. Our publisher Pegasus is awesome work not only translating the books but also to correct them and improve them. As far as I know, SR5 is selling really well in germany.

ianmward
August 29th, 2015, 14:24
New update, 1.05, to add an option for automatically rolling resists or not.

I did this quickly so backup the old version, test well and let me know if it is okay.

ianmward
August 29th, 2015, 14:27
For the SR5 drain mechanism, I just quote the rules as they are printed in the English rulebook.

...For Conjuring tests, the Drain Value is twice the hits (not net hits) generated by the spirit when it resists the Conjuring attempt. Drain generally is inflicted on you as Stun damage, though there are situations in which it can be Physical damage (see the Sorcery, Conjuring, and Enchanting sections). You resist the damage from Drain through a Drain Resistance Test; each hit reduces the Drain by one. Any remaining Drain is applied as boxes of damage to your Stun (or Physical) Condition Monitor...

HERMETIC TRADITION:
Drain: Logic + Willpower

SHAMANIC TRADITION
Drain: Charisma + Willpower

Shiree,
Looking quickly, this seems the same as 4th ed. and so it should be the same as the ruleset does... What is the problem with the way it works now?

Shiree
August 30th, 2015, 10:28
First things first, I am so happy because now I can use your ruleset. Goodbye bugged old ruleset!

The major difference in drain mechanic is, in Edition 4 you had spell (Power/2) +- x, while Edition 5 has spell (Power) +- x

Thank you so much for your work!

MadBeardMan
September 1st, 2015, 22:07
Evening Folks,

I've finally finished the first Token Pack. I've just sent it to FG. It's going to be called 'Cyberpunk Token Pack #1' as we can't use the name Shadowrun...

Here's the pack image:

So this means I'm about to start working on the 2nd pack. Which is going to more characters and some normal enemies.

Male Troll - Sprawl Ganger
Male Ork - Sprawl Ganger
Male Human - Street Shaman
Female Ork - Gunslinger Adept
Male Troll - Bounty Hunter
Female Human - Smuggler
Female Human - Street Samurai
Female Elf - Technomancer

Pack #3 will be all about the Police and Corp forces, Pack #4 Spirits for Shamans and not sure beyond that.

But if you want to let me know what you need the please do, as the first pack was created for my team.

Next question, would anyone be interested in map packs (modules) as I'm going to get a few of things created as well. Part of me was getting all the maps needed for the SR Mission Campaigns, we're playing through Season 4 (next up is 04-04), I do have the Daisy Motel from 04-02 almost finished.

Cheers
Colin

ianmward
September 1st, 2015, 23:05
They look great! Can't wait to see the rest as they appear.

MadBeardMan
September 1st, 2015, 23:11
They look great! Can't wait to see the rest as they appear.

Thanks Ian :)

I'm hoping to get a pack done every 4-6 weeks depending on work. Chip in with what you need though at any time!

deathwish47
October 5th, 2015, 09:05
I am not seeing the tokens in store.

MadBeardMan
October 5th, 2015, 09:09
I am not seeing the tokens in store.

Morning,

I've sent them to Doug and signed the agreements etc, so just waiting for them to be added. When they are, I'll update here.

Work has begun on Pack #2 - Sprawl Gangers

Cheers

MadBeardMan
October 14th, 2015, 09:04
Morning,

Here we go:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=CRCyberpunk1

I hope these are good for you all, took a long time to create them.

Cheers
Colin

damned
October 14th, 2015, 12:46
Morning,

Here we go:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=CRCyberpunk1

I hope these are good for you all, took a long time to create them.

Cheers
Colin

Yeah... not many people ever retired of RPG profits!
Nice job by the way!

MadBeardMan
October 14th, 2015, 12:50
Yeah... not many people ever retired of RPG profits!
Nice job by the way!

Haha true. Lucky for me that my day job pays loads :) So all of this stuff is just my love of FG - if it ever pays back a basic amount that would be cool. I have SOOOOO many plans for conversions etc, time is not my friend though at the moment.

GunnarGreybeard
October 14th, 2015, 14:35
I have SOOOOO many plans for conversions etc, time is not my friend though at the moment.

Ah, the dark side. Once you go down that path there will be no end to the time you will sink into it. ;-)

MadBeardMan
October 14th, 2015, 14:40
Ah, the dark side. Once you go down that path there will be no end to the time you will sink into it. ;-)

Yep, loving it though. I code in the day for other people, so in the evenings to code for me and for folks here is top stuff. Just sending Doug a bit long list of my plans so that I don't step on anyones toes! If I get the odd beer in return then that's payment enough :)

dulux-oz
October 14th, 2015, 15:27

Tell me about it! :square:

Nylanfs
October 14th, 2015, 17:09
As the main PR guy for PCGen, I'm intimately familiar with doing coding for the love of something. :)

radekg
October 14th, 2015, 17:11
*sigh* - I assume this thread is no longer about Shadowrun ruleset?

Nylanfs
October 14th, 2015, 17:46
It is, we just like tangents. :-)

MasterSgt James
October 22nd, 2015, 05:23
Thanks for welcoming me Nylanfs. I look forward to finding a game and learning to play.

ianmward
November 7th, 2015, 05:20
I've just updated the link to the ruleset in the first post to v1.0.6

I've made some small changes to stop errors after the v3.1.3 update this week.

As always, I recommend you back up everything before updating and test carefully. Post here if you find any issues.

ianmward
November 7th, 2015, 05:21
I've just updated the link to the ruleset in the first post to v1.0.6

I've made some small changes to stop errors after the v3.1.3 update this week.

As always, I recommend you back up everything before updating and test carefully. Post here if you find any issues.

jadrian
November 9th, 2015, 17:04
Any update on when the SR5 ruleset will be released?

Nylanfs
November 9th, 2015, 17:14
Welcome to the Community jadrian, and I think ianmward said "eventually" :)

ianmward
November 9th, 2015, 21:35
I've been busy with Call of Cthulhu 7e & new Delta Green for the moment...

I'll get back to it eventually...

Swipht
December 4th, 2015, 14:27
Anyway to edit the descriptions in the .mod or am I going to have to drag everything over to a campaign and edit everything in there?

Nylanfs
December 4th, 2015, 23:18
rename the .mod to zip and upack and edit you your hearts content, though making your own module would keep any changes safe from the original module updates.

damned
December 25th, 2015, 12:39
https://bundleofholding.com/presents/SR4ERevival
Bundle Of Holding has an awesome amount of ShadowRun 4 swag for $10 and $25.

MadBeardMan
December 26th, 2015, 14:11
That's a great find, seems they have Mage 2nd Ed as well, cool - going to buy myself some half decent xmas presents.

damned
December 27th, 2015, 01:09
That's a great find, seems they have Mage 2nd Ed as well, cool - going to buy myself some half decent xmas presents.

What! ARe you suggesting your wife and kids didnt look after you right?

MadBeardMan
December 27th, 2015, 01:15
Yep, I got sick thanks to a stomach bug from my 11 year old but better today, plus I needed nothing really so I got a few things that I don't need, ie some Sloe Gin (I don't drink at home) and I got some t-shirts (already have plenty) and an xbox game (that was ok).

But today was better (known as Boxing Day here) as I could work on my Traveller ruleset, but I did buy myself SRE4 and Mage 2E.

Myrmeron
January 12th, 2016, 18:37
Did some playtesting with the 4E ruleset. Amazing work ian, cant imagine how much work that must have been. I have but one suggestion:

When trying to shot with an empty gun, I get an error message popup (something about nil dice or similar, cant remember exactly). Sure thing one cant fire an empty gun, but it would be nice if the popup would be replaced by a text message kind of like: "click, click, argh, chamber's empty". Just like the ruleset prevents you from rerolling INI twice in one round.

I tried to use the ruleset to host a 5E campaign but it's difficult to manually manage INI, limits and the resistance rolls. I hope that you haven't crossed the 5E ruleset from the list eventually ;-)

ianmward
January 12th, 2016, 19:37
Hu Myrmeron,
I'm glad you're enjoying it. I have to say that I inherited the ruleset from Fenloe and a lot of work had already been done, so I can't take all of the credit
On the out of ammo error, that is new. It is written to do as you suggest and put a message in the chat, so if it's throwing an error, I'll take a look and fix it when I get a moment.

5e is definitely still on the cards, but has been overtaken by a couple of other projects. We are trying to convince Catalyst to license the Shadowrun content to Smiteworks. If that happens, the priority will definitely rise :-) We'd then be able to port all of the books and adventures, which would be really cool!

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please post. Also, if you feel like running a Shadowrun session at one of the upcoming FGDaze! Or FG-Cons that would be awesome too.

Ian

Did some playtesting with the 4E ruleset. Amazing work ian, cant imagine how much work that must have been. I have but one suggestion:

When trying to shot with an empty gun, I get an error message popup (something about nil dice or similar, cant remember exactly). Sure thing one cant fire an empty gun, but it would be nice if the popup would be replaced by a text message kind of like: "click, click, argh, chamber's empty". Just like the ruleset prevents you from rerolling INI twice in one round.

I tried to use the ruleset to host a 5E campaign but it's difficult to manually manage INI, limits and the resistance rolls. I hope that you haven't crossed the 5E ruleset from the list eventually ;-)

ianmward
March 22nd, 2016, 13:46
Hi all,

I finally remembered that I had not fixed the no ammo errors. I have updated the first post with a new version.

Enjoy!

Ian

MadBeardMan
March 22nd, 2016, 13:48
Hi all,

I finally remembered that I had not fixed the no ammo errors. I have updated the first post with a new version.

Enjoy!

Ian

Nice work chap. I'm starting to move my tabletop game over to FG and will use 4E until you get around to 5E :)

Brotherwulf
May 13th, 2016, 03:55
Can anyone help me out, when doing a resist check it shows as [Resist-Check] Drain Resist (0) Resist Value (6) Willpower +none(6). How do I change the +none(6) into charisma since I use willpower and charisma as my resist values?
also I don't know how to make custom spells, I tried adding a spell from another supplement but I can't seem to edit the spell information inside.

ianmward
May 25th, 2016, 12:11
Can anyone help me out, when doing a resist check it shows as [Resist-Check] Drain Resist (0) Resist Value (6) Willpower +none(6). How do I change the +none(6) into charisma since I use willpower and charisma as my resist values?
also I don't know how to make custom spells, I tried adding a spell from another supplement but I can't seem to edit the spell information inside.

Hi there,
The drain resistance attribute is chosen on the main tab after choosing the Mage option and setting the magic rating. The icon is a bit confusing (I need to change the graphics but haven't)...

Brotherwulf
May 31st, 2016, 18:23
Hi there,
The drain resistance attribute is chosen on the main tab after choosing the Mage option and setting the magic rating. The icon is a bit confusing (I need to change the graphics but haven't)...

:o oooh that's how you do it, thank you so much for the help. Still curious on how to make a custom spell. Can't seem to do anything when I open up a new blank spell, nothing to click or anything of the sort.

travy
June 6th, 2016, 20:17
any guestimate when the 5e stuff might be playable?
-Travy

ianmward
June 7th, 2016, 00:37
any guestimate when the 5e stuff might be playable? -Travy
Unfortunately not, sorry.

ianmward
June 7th, 2016, 00:39
:o oooh that's how you do it, thank you so much for the help. Still curious on how to make a custom spell. Can't seem to do anything when I open up a new blank spell, nothing to click or anything of the sort.
Custom spells are not supported at the moment

Ken L
August 26th, 2016, 00:26
If you need help updating to 5e, give me a shout out.

dstuffle
August 31st, 2016, 00:56
Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but how do I use the Shadowrun4.pak file you link to on the first post of this thread?

damned
August 31st, 2016, 01:02
Download it and place it in your Fantasy Grounds data path under the \rulesets folder. It will then be available to select as a new ruleset.

deff
September 23rd, 2016, 10:04
Hello, any news concerning the update to 5E ?

regards.

ianmward
September 23rd, 2016, 18:44
Hello, any news concerning the update to 5E ?

regards.

I don't remember seeing any...

Redemption77
November 2nd, 2016, 16:24
Went in to try and use the Ruleset today after the new update to 3.2 and its severely broken now. You cant create personalities, the bar with the options is into the map area of the screen. You can access the images. Im suddenly very sad. This was such an amazing ruleset! Are there any thoughts on if this is going to get repaired or not to work with the new update?

ianmward
November 3rd, 2016, 06:09
I'll put together a 'quick fix' update and post in soon. Unfortunately, the 'real' fix will require a load of new graphics which I am ill unlikely to be able to generate, so I may need to do something a little different...

Redemption77
November 3rd, 2016, 14:25
Graphic wise we can get by without any fixes. Its the mechanical functions which are needed and appreciated. Making sure we can input personalities and images to be shared is key. Just basic functionality. 3.2 is such a great update, too bad it requires work from those who shared rulesets before, but we all knew it would happen

ianmward
November 5th, 2016, 06:47
I have just updated version 1.0.8 which should be compatible with FG v3.2 (see first post in this thread for an updated link)

I have not done a great amount of testing but it appears to be working. Please post problems here and I will look into them.

NB.
I have not created icons for the extra windows (tables, parcels and quests) and I have not skinned the calendars window.
These may come at a future date.

Thanks to damned for the new Characters sidebar icon.

joeblack1863
November 5th, 2016, 12:23
@ianmward,

I just downloaded this yesterday to get a look (straight after 3.2) and ofcourse it was broken. Can I just thank you for the speed with which you have fixed this, it is greatly appreciated. As is the fantastic work, that is this ruleset.

ianmward
November 5th, 2016, 18:18
@ianmward,

I just downloaded this yesterday to get a look (straight after 3.2) and ofcourse it was broken. Can I just thank you for the speed with which you have fixed this, it is greatly appreciated. As is the fantastic work, that is this ruleset.

I'm happy to see people making use of it. Please do post if you have problems.

joeblack1863
November 5th, 2016, 18:42
I'm happy to see people making use of it. Please do post if you have problems.

Finding an error coming up when using the combat tracker. I have created two very basic NPCs. One has a sword, the other nothing. Both have stats created. The weapon on the first NPC highlights properly and rolls dice when double clicked. Targeting works.

1. I target npc 2 with npc 1 via the combat tracker. The icon appears in npc 1 target area. I then double click on the sword and it shows success but assigns no damage (the chat does not show any targeting info even though the icon is in npc 1 target area).

2. I target npc 2 by dragging the sword entry from npc 1's sheet on to npc 2 in the combat tracker. The chat shows a success hit (indicating "targeting npc 2"), but no damage is recorded on the combat tracker for npc 2.

3. When clicking "next actor" in the combat tracker, an error comes up in the script (I have assigned numbers to pass):
Runtime Notice: nil | s'ctpassleft' | s'number' | #0
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_active.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'centerOnToken' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.damage.current' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.damage.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.resistmod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.armormod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.hits' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.armortype' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.damage.current' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.damage.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.resistmod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.armormod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.hits' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.armortype' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.damage.current' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.damage.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.resistmod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.armormod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.hits' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.armortype' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.damage.current' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.damage.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.resistmod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.armormod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.hits' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.armortype' | s'string' | s''

Mishlof
November 5th, 2016, 20:05
First off ianmward amazing work by you and the community, I run a twitch channel and have a shadowrun campaign using your community mod. I am having a few stability issues, but have not fully recorded the lead ups to the freeze crash (unresponsive) One instance may be due to trying to 'group' images with the new grouping system (will see if I can recreate) also my system had been up for a long period of time, so after a fresh restart I will pay more attention, and see if I can recreate freezes or time when they happen (during auto saves to my system?)

I am streaming tonight, hopefully, and probably sending a shout out to you and the community for such a great job and dedication.... especially to 4th ed...

ianmward
November 6th, 2016, 01:02
I'll take a look, but I suspect it's expecting you to use a map and have the tokens on it. This is because it calculates the range and modifies the attack based on that.

Can you see if it works when using a map?

Finding an error coming up when using the combat tracker. I have created two very basic NPCs. One has a sword, the other nothing. Both have stats created. The weapon on the first NPC highlights properly and rolls dice when double clicked. Targeting works.

1. I target npc 2 with npc 1 via the combat tracker. The icon appears in npc 1 target area. I then double click on the sword and it shows success but assigns no damage (the chat does not show any targeting info even though the icon is in npc 1 target area).

2. I target npc 2 by dragging the sword entry from npc 1's sheet on to npc 2 in the combat tracker. The chat shows a success hit (indicating "targeting npc 2"), but no damage is recorded on the combat tracker for npc 2.

3. When clicking "next actor" in the combat tracker, an error comes up in the script (I have assigned numbers to pass):
Runtime Notice: nil | s'ctpassleft' | s'number' | #0
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_active.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'centerOnToken' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.damage.current' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.damage.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.resistmod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.armormod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.hits' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'attack.armortype' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.damage.current' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.damage.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.resistmod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.armormod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.hits' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00007 } | s'defense.armortype' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.damage.current' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.damage.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.resistmod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.armormod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.hits' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'attack.armortype' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.damage.current' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.damage.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.resistmod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.type' | s'string' | s''
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.armormod' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.hits' | s'number' | #0
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | s'defense.armortype' | s'string' | s''

ianmward
November 6th, 2016, 01:04
Anything you can tell me to help reproduce this would be appreciated.

And if you post a link to your streaming channel, I'll try and watch.

First off ianmward amazing work by you and the community, I run a twitch channel and have a shadowrun campaign using your community mod. I am having a few stability issues, but have not fully recorded the lead ups to the freeze crash (unresponsive) One instance may be due to trying to 'group' images with the new grouping system (will see if I can recreate) also my system had been up for a long period of time, so after a fresh restart I will pay more attention, and see if I can recreate freezes or time when they happen (during auto saves to my system?)

I am streaming tonight, hopefully, and probably sending a shout out to you and the community for such a great job and dedication.... especially to 4th ed...

Trenloe
November 6th, 2016, 04:27
The error is produced with the new option to center the map on the token linked to the currently active creature on the combat tracker. You may need to enable the campaign option to do this. When the turn steps to a new creature on the CT the map should be centered on the token of that creature (all creatures for the GM, just the controlled PC for the player).

ianmward
November 6th, 2016, 09:22
I have just uploaded v1.0.9 which fixes the error for centerOnToken and reintroduces the auto rolls option which allows FG to automatically roll defense rolls and apply damage.

Enjoy.

Mishlof
November 6th, 2016, 17:46
Ran the session with out issue, happily was unable to recreate the crashes, but had no combat, so did not really get to test the interface. Did a shout out to you in the stream :)

here is the past vids on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp68-YMpXfPRC43cKKIHZWoZ8YfctOpQ-

and my twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/mishlof

joeblack1863
November 6th, 2016, 22:54
@ianmward,

Not working for me. I updated both .pak and .mod files. Reset to ensure new versions were in use. Then set up an npc with a sword (the text for the weapon "Sword [Blades, Reach 0, DV 3P, AP -1]", it highlights. Dragged this and another basic npc in to the combat tracker.

The problem with the "next actor" has gone, fixed.

Now I chose the current actor (sword owner) and dragged his target on to the other. It worked and the secondary npc appeared in the targeting area.

I then double clicked on the sword text and the whole of the program locked up and stopped responding. Had to kill the fantasygrounds.exe. When reloaded it had backed up the campaign due to corruption (probably caused by my killing the .exe).

Note: Tried a drag and drop of the dice on to target, also locked up program.

Separate Request: I am using NPCs because I can't figure out how to use a weapon on a PC. I created my PC but then could not work out how to use the weapons. There appears to be no way to add the text (like on the NPC and I can't see any other way). I am sure I am missing something :-)

damned
November 6th, 2016, 22:58
Hey joeblack1863 PC attacks are on their Character Sheets. Only NPC attacks show on the Combat Tracker in most CoreRPG rulesets.
Open the PC sheet and run the attack from there - you can open the PC sheet via the SR logo at the far right of the line entry in the CT.

joeblack1863
November 6th, 2016, 23:07
@damned

Misunderstanding, I meant I could not work out how to carry out an attack using the character sheet. Understand they are different, but I open the character sheet, but don't know how to use a weapon from the character sheet.

(In 5e, its the actions tab, savage worlds on the main sheet, but not understanding what to do on the shadowrun character sheet)

joeblack1863
November 7th, 2016, 00:06
Worked it out. Combat Tab, Weapons SubTab, double click on weapon name to equip. In the case of Ranged weapon, the Missile entry will then have a small six sided dice at the bottom left of the entry. Double click on this and it will roll the dice for the weapon.

Now, using any method to attack the npc in the CT works perfectly! NPC shooting at PC does not lock up, but only works if you drag and drop the dice (double click ignores targeting and just drops text in to chat).

ianmward
November 7th, 2016, 12:17
If the npc is really targetting the PC, it should work with double click, I just tested it.

joeblack1863
November 7th, 2016, 17:28
Okay, I checked that and you are right. What actually happened was that the PC had resisted the damage!

I also rechecked the issue of targeting an NPC with an NPC that appeared to lock up the game. It does Not do it if the NPC has properly filled out attributes. If the NPCs attributes are left at zero then it does happen. So a Non-Issue really as that would not happen in a game.

Something I am still trying to figure out, but thought I would ask. I tried to create a weapon in "items" and then drag and drop it in to "Combat/Weapons" Tab, the same way I take a weapon from your module and drag and drop it to this location. It doesn't appear to work.
I tried copying over the Ares Predator IV from the module to "Items". That worked., but when I then picked it up and tried to copy it over to the "Combat/Weapons" tab, it wouldn't work (It will copy to the "Other/Inventory" tab). It could just be that this is something still on the todo list but wanted to ask.

Thanks for your time and patience answering my previous stuff!

ianmward
November 7th, 2016, 21:25
I'll take a look at the 0 values hanging FG, that's not good!

Weapons are currently a different type of object to items and get converted when dragged and dropped, so I think that's why it's not working. I'd need to do some work to make it work properly...

joeblack1863
November 7th, 2016, 21:42
Just checked this issue and I did this to recreate it:

1. Place any fully created PC or NPC in the CT
2. Create an NPC in "personalities", give it a name but nothing else.
3. Place this NPC in the CT.
3. Target the NPC with the fully created PC or NPC.
4. Double click the weapon.

It hangs, but I used a PC and waited it out and got this:
Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/modifierstack.lua"]:68: stack overflow
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom icon () for control (main_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom pressed icon () for control (main_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom icon () for control (item_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom pressed icon () for control (item_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom icon () for control (critter_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom pressed icon () for control (critter_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom icon () for control (description_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom pressed icon () for control (description_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (button_close_charsheetmini) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (fulldefensecheckbox) in windowclass (npc_main)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (armorcheckmode) in windowclass (npc_main)

When it came back I had hundreds of entries like this in the chat log:
[GM] [Resist-Check] Ballistic Armor (0) Resist Value (0) (Ballistic Armor -0)

No defense dice...
Damage after resist 8 Physical

NOTE: This time I used a PC and it came back after a while of hanging. The previous times, I used a fully created NPC and that did not appear to come back (or certainly hung a very long time); long enough to prompt me to kill the application.

ianmward
November 7th, 2016, 22:32
Great work reproducing this. I'll fix it up later today.

Ian

Just checked this issue and I did this to recreate it:

1. Place any fully created PC or NPC in the CT
2. Create an NPC in "personalities", give it a name but nothing else.
3. Place this NPC in the CT.
3. Target the NPC with the fully created PC or NPC.
4. Double click the weapon.

It hangs, but I used a PC and waited it out and got this:
Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/modifierstack.lua"]:68: stack overflow
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom icon () for control (main_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom pressed icon () for control (main_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom icon () for control (item_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom pressed icon () for control (item_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom icon () for control (critter_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom pressed icon () for control (critter_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom icon () for control (description_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom pressed icon () for control (description_scroller) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (button_close_charsheetmini) in windowclass (npc)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (fulldefensecheckbox) in windowclass (npc_main)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (armorcheckmode) in windowclass (npc_main)

When it came back I had hundreds of entries like this in the chat log:
[GM] [Resist-Check] Ballistic Armor (0) Resist Value (0) (Ballistic Armor -0)

No defense dice...
Damage after resist 8 Physical

NOTE: This time I used a PC and it came back after a while of hanging. The previous times, I used a fully created NPC and that did not appear to come back (or certainly hung a very long time); long enough to prompt me to kill the application.

ianmward
November 9th, 2016, 10:00
I have just uploaded a version 1.1.0 which resolves the problem with FG hanging or giving a stack overflow error when the resist roll has no dice.
It also includes shiny new icons for the Spell Type buttons, thanks to Honken for making them!

kaeln
December 21st, 2016, 10:44
Many thanks for this! I am just struggling with adding information in the character sheet (for example skills). I don't find the usual 'edit' button and the drag&drop from the ruleset does not work either. Any tips?

ianmward
December 22nd, 2016, 07:07
Try dragging and dropping from the library.
To add manually, right click and choose the new item option.
Some objects, like guns, have a seperate right click option to add sub-objects (ammo in the cas of weapons).

If you're still stuck PM me and I'll see if we can coincide so I can talk you through it.

Cheers,

Ian

elefernex
January 16th, 2017, 07:18
So yeah I got all the 4th ed books if you give me instructions as to how I can add the content to your fg Id love to finish it out so players can have a detailed list of stuff. Like adding mods to guns, comlinks, armor ect. Adding drones ect. If there are any books you need I have them all in pdf form as well and would love to help you complete this masterpiece. If nothing else just for completion sake. Id do it myself but Im terrible at programming

kaeln
February 7th, 2017, 19:01
Try dragging and dropping from the library.
To add manually, right click and choose the new item option.
Some objects, like guns, have a seperate right click option to add sub-objects (ammo in the cas of weapons).

If you're still stuck PM me and I'll see if we can coincide so I can talk you through it.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks for your help. Sorry it took me a while to feedback but I finally managed to try again and it worked. The issue was that the skill by default will appear in the "overview" category, where I was looking for it in "Combat" category. I have explored a bit more the ruleset and it looks fraggin' awesome! The automated dice roll will really help make things easier in-game...

Are there any plans for a 5E update? I am useless in terms of programming and such, but would happily contribute by entering data in the ruleset to update the library module if anyone can cover the ruleset part.

Also, is there any easy way to change the background of the ruleset?

ianmward
February 9th, 2017, 07:21
I just uploaded a new version (v1.1.1) with a small fix to reenable drag and drop items after the CoreRPG v3.2.2 (Thanks to Ardem for pointing out the problem).

See the first post in this thread for the link to the new version.

Enjoy!

ianmward
February 9th, 2017, 07:26
Are there any plans for a 5E update? I am useless in terms of programming and such, but would happily contribute by entering data in the ruleset to update the library module if anyone can cover the ruleset part.

Also, is there any easy way to change the background of the ruleset?

There are plans for a 5e version but it will probably be a complete rewrite and will take some time.

Changing the background is easy with an extension. You just need to override the desktop frame definition:

<framedef name="desktop">
<bitmap file="graphics/desktop/frame.png" />
<topleft rect="0,0,64,122" />
<top rect="64,0,256,122" />
<topright rect="320,0,105,122" />
<left rect="0,122,64,200" />
<middle rect="64,122,256,200" />
<right rect="320,122,105,200" />
<decal rect="425,0,322,322" />
</framedef>

Or unpack the ruleset and replace graphics/desktop/frame.png with a suitable replacement.

strahd1969
March 1st, 2017, 00:55
is anyone using this ruleset getting the folowing error regularly? I keep getting it every time it tries to save:

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Database Notice: Campaign saved.

The campaign still seems ot save but I get this all the time and it is quite annoying. Any ideas on a fix?
Thanks.

John

damned
March 1st, 2017, 00:58
is anyone using this ruleset getting the folowing error regularly? I keep getting it every time it tries to save:

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Database Notice: Campaign saved.

The campaign still seems ot save but I get this all the time and it is quite annoying. Any ideas on a fix?
Thanks.

John

Delete the file. FG will recreate it.

strahd1969
March 1st, 2017, 01:07
Delete the file. FG will recreate it.

Thank you!!!
John

Targoesh
March 7th, 2017, 06:39
Hi all, Love the ruleset, very tidy, works well, however I am having trouble trying to put in skill groups? Do we just do this as a manual modifier to rolls? Am I blind? Am I just not that smart?

ianmward
March 7th, 2017, 06:57
Hi all, Love the ruleset, very tidy, works well, however I am having trouble trying to put in skill groups? Do we just do this as a manual modifier to rolls? Am I blind? Am I just not that smart?

Hi Targoesh,

I'm glad you're getting some value from it.
Skill groups never got implemented, sorry, so you can just put in the skill value for each skill in the group.

Pierre_k
September 22nd, 2017, 12:00
Hello,

This ruleset is close to perfect. Complete, good graphics, easy to use.

So, with a friend, we want to translate it in French. So I have two questions:

1) Can we translate it in French (and make it public) ?
2) For the icons, what is the typeface used?

Thanks for any answers.

ianmward
September 22nd, 2017, 14:15
Hello,

This ruleset is close to perfect. Complete, good graphics, easy to use.

So, with a friend, we want to translate it in French. So I have two questions:

1) Can we translate it in French (and make it public) ?
2) For the icons, what is the typeface used?

Thanks for any answers.
Thanks Pierre, I am glad you like it.

I was not the original author but did a lot of work to bring it up to date. You are welcome to translate it and if you pass me the files, I can host them with the ruleset.

As for the font, I cannot remember and, in fact, I did not do the original graphics, so just picked one that looked similar...

Good luck! And let me know if you need any help.

Pierre_k
January 31st, 2018, 16:43
Hello,

We are slowly translating the ruleset. Nevertheless, we're thinking about implementing two improvments:
1) There is a problem on physical condition monitor. When you have more than 4 in CON, excendetary cells are superimposed with cells of stun condition monitor. Have you seen this problem? Have you any solution? Or not? By the way, it seems the excendetary cells of the physical condition monitor aren't always in red. So, it's normal or not? (I've checked, but those problems are also in original version)
2) I've also a friend (and a player) interested by doing modifications on ruleset. So, have you a documentation on this ruleset?

It seems you're working on a new Shadowrun ruleset, so maybe it's not your priority, but I wanted to know your opinion. But if your new ruleset is on rails, I'm also interested by translating it.

Best regards,
Pierre_k.

ianmward
February 6th, 2018, 02:58
Hello,

We are slowly translating the ruleset. Nevertheless, we're thinking about implementing two improvments:
1) There is a problem on physical condition monitor. When you have more than 4 in CON, excendetary cells are superimposed with cells of stun condition monitor. Have you seen this problem? Have you any solution? Or not? By the way, it seems the excendetary cells of the physical condition monitor aren't always in red. So, it's normal or not? (I've checked, but those problems are also in original version)
I had not noticed this, it sounds like a problem...

2) I've also a friend (and a player) interested by doing modifications on ruleset. So, have you a documentation on this ruleset?
Unfortunately not. I inherited a lot of what is there, I just converted it to work with CoreRPG and finished it off.

It seems you're working on a new Shadowrun ruleset, so maybe it's not your priority, but I wanted to know your opinion. But if your new ruleset is on rails, I'm also interested by translating it.

To be honest, whilst there is still a plan to do this, there is not much there yet. We are concentrating our efforts on Call of Cthulhu 7e at the moment and until there is support from Catalyst for an official conversion, we’re probably not going to put in the massive effort required to do a proper job.

Pierre_k
February 7th, 2018, 11:14
Hello,

Thanks for answers. We're searching to solve the first problem. If we reach a result, I will communicate it to you.

Best regards,
Pierre_k.

ianmward
February 7th, 2018, 11:54
No problem, I did test it out this afternoon and saw your problem. If you don’t find it before the weekend, I’ll try to take a look...

Pierre_k
May 17th, 2018, 17:31
Hello,

Sorry for the late answer, but we're working on other rulesets. But, we're working on it since the last week and the problem of physical monitor has not been solved by us. Nevertheless, it seems the problem isn't important than before since FG's updates. If you've any solution, we're still interested.

Best regards,
Pierre_k.

inawkwardscience
May 28th, 2018, 03:59
I have a couple questions.

First, I keep getting this error:
Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Secondly, is anyone using this ruleset? I would love to learn how you entered .mod info, such as race info.

damned
May 28th, 2018, 04:12
unnatural 20

What version numbers are showing in Chat?
What were you doing when that error occurred?
ianmward does keep this maintained but he is not playing it regularly so new bugs do creep in with engine updates.
If you can supply some more info Im sure he will address it.

inawkwardscience
May 28th, 2018, 04:19
Thanks for the quick response.

The error occurs on load in. Fantasy Grounds just asked me to update tonight, but the error was occurring previously.

ianmward
May 28th, 2018, 13:04
I have a couple questions.

First, I keep getting this error:
Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Secondly, is anyone using this ruleset? I would love to learn how you entered .mod info, such as race info.

I have fixed this and posted v1.1.2 (see 1st post).

The module needs to be created extracting and editing the XML. One day I will make a version where you can edit them in the ruleset, but don't hold your breath...

inawkwardscience
May 28th, 2018, 18:03
It works! Thank you!

I won't hold my breath, I'm lucky to get this. It looks like a lot of work, thank you.

As far as XML editing, you have all the names in place, I can just add flavor text. right?

Would descriptive text go between <p> and </p>? I would love a template, I wonder if Nicodemus' old ones would work.

<text type="formattedtext">
<p>
</p>
</text>

Trenloe
May 28th, 2018, 19:14
The formattedtext control uses FG specific markup - similar to basic HTML formatting, but with some differences. See the “Internal representation” section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/formattedtextcontrol.xcp

inawkwardscience
May 28th, 2018, 19:38
Thanks! It looks like my work is cut out for me and I have a lot to learn.

Any advice on editing the theme? For instance, I can't find the background image used in the ruleset. I've combed through every folder.

damned
May 28th, 2018, 22:57
typically in /graphics/frames
but it could be in CoreRPG.

ianmward
May 29th, 2018, 08:17
Thanks! It looks like my work is cut out for me and I have a lot to learn.

Any advice on editing the theme? For instance, I can't find the background image used in the ruleset. I've combed through every folder.
graphics/desktop/frame.png for the desktop background.
Other graphics are in graphics/frames as Damned says.

MMOaddicted
September 6th, 2018, 22:18
Hey there folks,
Could anyone help me out as to how matrix stuff is supposed to work using the ruleset? Was it all ever implemented? Theere seems to be no way of making an npc a technomancer, and I am having a hard time figuring out how to work the matrix programs on the character sheet. Thanks in advance, I just hope Catalyst gets it's head out of the past and licenses 5e to FG, I'll gladly rebuy all the supplements I already own, I am honestly considering switching over to roll20 (as much as I hate it) for Shadowrun, despite Ian's *marvellous* work, this ruleset has a too old foundation in my opinion, make-up can do only so much one might say :). Thanks again for your work here Ian. I remember how this used to be and oh boy, it's *way* more useable now.

ianmward
September 7th, 2018, 09:14
Thanks for the kind words, I’m glad people are getting something from all of the hard work!

To be honest I cannot remember what I implemented and what not, I’ll take a look and see what I can find.

MMOaddicted
September 8th, 2018, 23:58
Thanks for the quick response Ian :). Take your time it's not that urgent.

MMOaddicted
September 12th, 2018, 22:24
My player's getting an error when casting spells, anyone can help me figure out where I messed up? Or if it is just a ruleset/update issue?

Ruleset Error: window: Control(name) anchoring to an undefined control (token) in windowclass (client_ct_entry)

Moon Wizard
September 12th, 2018, 22:26
That would be an issue in the ruleset or extension code. If you've already disabled all extensions and tried again, then it would be something that the ruleset developers will need to look at.

Regards,
JPG

MMOaddicted
September 12th, 2018, 22:57
Only extension I am running are the included chat fonts, since the originals were mostly illegible. At least I think they are included as I do not remember downloading them separately.

MMOaddicted
September 12th, 2018, 22:58
OOps, thanks for your response Moon Wizard. They say they can deal, so it's not top priority Ian :)

ianmward
September 12th, 2018, 23:54
Hi MMOaddicted,

I think I need to take a look at the Shadowrun ruleset, a few things changed in the combat tracker in the latest releases and I haven’t been through and checked it for a while.

If I get some spare time I’ll fix it up.

MMOaddicted
September 13th, 2018, 00:08
Thank you Ian, as I said, it's useable which is the most we can ask of something free. If you get the time then it'd be wiz, if not then no problem, I know you're busy with C'thulhu and stuff. Oh by the way, off topic, do you remember that arthurian thing we played back in the day? What was it called? I know it used fate, or was it savage worlds?

MMOaddicted
September 15th, 2018, 00:13
Another possible issue, or I am doing sthg wrong, I can't seem to put tokens on a map from the tracker, getting the following error "Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_token.lua"]:24: attempt to call field 'replaceCombatantToken' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_token.lua"]:24: attempt to call field 'replaceCombatantToken' (a nil value)"

MMOaddicted
September 15th, 2018, 00:23
Also, the tracker for my player looks like this. Sorry for the spam, running a one shot to teach a newbie the system, and narrating as problems crop up :) Tracker looks perfectly fine for me.

LordEntrails
September 15th, 2018, 00:37
Extensions? Try without any? Verified you are using upto date and compatible versions?

Are you using Advanced Kombat or Enhanced Layers that require you place tokens on specific layers?

MMOaddicted
September 15th, 2018, 00:40
When attacking a PC in combat, the attack doesn't resolve and I get this error Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:255: attempt to index a nil value

MMOaddicted
September 15th, 2018, 00:42
As said before I have now no extensions at all, used to have just chat fonts, I am using the up to date version of the ruleset and FG.

Valatar
November 2nd, 2019, 05:05
I ran across some errors in this, charsheet\charsheet_3_1_weapons.xml was missing a comment close on line 59, graphics/buttons/button_spell_detection.png was typoed as button_spell_decection.png, and graphics/frames/referencebox.png was just plain missing. I corrected the XML file, renamed the typoed PNG, and the ruleset loaded, albeit with a few generic buttons in place of the custom ones.

Here's the specific error messages:

[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (reference-h) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (title-b) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (reference-section) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (reference-chapter) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (reference-article) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (list-title) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (list-subtitle) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (reftable-header) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (reftable-group) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (reftable-subgroup) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (index-title) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (index-title-highlight) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (white) in ruleset (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/1/2019 11:33:48 PM] [WARNING] framedef: Could not find image file. (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_frames.xml) (graphics/frames/referencebox.png)
[11/1/2019 11:33:50 PM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (Shadowrun4) (graphics/graphics_misc.xml) (graphics/buttons/button_spell_detection.png)
[11/1/2019 11:33:51 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file (Shadowrun4) (charsheet\charsheet_3_1_weapons.xml): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 59, position 3.
[11/1/2019 11:33:51 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene exiting.
[11/1/2019 11:33:51 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[11/1/2019 11:33:51 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[11/1/2019 11:33:51 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.

Skullbert
December 21st, 2020, 21:27
Hello guys,

I appreciate the work that has been done for this ruleset - which is free for all of us - and would also like to thank personally @iammward for this. It gives my players and me the opportunity to play Shadowrun 4 via Internet. For this: once again many thanks!

I know this thread has fallen asleep by now, but I encountered the same issue as @MMOaddicted regarding the following error message:

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_token.lua"]:26: attempt to call field 'replaceCombatantToken' (a nil value).

I dont use any extensions and the game has the latest update.
I tried to find out the source of the error code via xml viewer and came across the following file structure.

It shows that the command tries to access a file (ct_token.lua) which is not included in the ruleset.

My questions are:

How can this error be fixed?
Does the script access a different source code?
Can anyone tell me what file structure to change to make it possible to transfer fighters from the Combat Tracker to the map?

I would be very grateful for any help, as I have already spent several hours in the hope of being able to solve it myself. But unfortunately my xml knowledge is not good enough for this....

ianmward
December 24th, 2020, 05:56
Merry Christmas everyone.

I have updated the link in the first post with a new version of the ruleset which seems to work on FGU and classic. The combat tracker errors are gone as are the errors on load in FGU.

There may be other errors as I only did minimal testing, but good luck!

Regards,

IanMWard

Skullbert
December 24th, 2020, 14:10
Hello ianmward,

First of all - Merry Christmas to you all!
Thanks for updating your ruleset just before christmas :) I just tried the new updated version. It is now possible to drag the PCs/NPCs from CT to the battlemap. But from the view as player (client), there is still the bug which was already requested by MMOaddicted before. See attached 42244(I copied it from MMOaddicted, because it shows the same problem). So the player/client is not be able to act with the combat tracker.

Below the error report messages (from the view of player/client)

If Player roll the dices for attacking after targeting a NPC via combat tracker (error message for client):
Ruleset Error: window: Control(name) anchoring to an undefined control (token) in windowclass (client_ct_entry)
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { charsheet.id-00001 } | s'attack.hits' | s'number' | #2

If Player charakter dragged to Combat Tracker (error message for client):
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct_entry.lua"]:17: attempt to index global 'active' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct_entry.lua"]:17: attempt to index global 'active' (a nil value)

As already said - thank you very much for your help :) I really appreciate that.

ianmward
December 24th, 2020, 20:49
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll take a look.

ianmward
December 26th, 2020, 05:54
I have uploaded a new fix which should address the combat tracker errors for connected clients.

Please continue to report errors here.

Enjoy!

IanMWard

Skullbert
December 27th, 2020, 17:12
Hi ian,

thanks for updating the ruleset. Combat tracker works fine now for both sides (Gamemaster/Player). I am still testing the functions for this ruleset and noticed following errors:

Errorreport when using Skill "Spellcasting" for NPC:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_skill.lua"]:404: attempt to index local 'rSpellData' (a nil value)

Duplicating weapons with multiple fire modes not possible
Also, I tried to duplicate the weapons with multiple fire modes (see below the quote with the description):

1. The tooltip is not too clear... The format uses square brackets and entries are separated by semi-colons:
Colt Manhunter [Heavy Pistols, DV 5P, AP -1, SA, RC 0, 16(c), smartgun]
where:
* the 'Heavy Pistols' is the weapon category
* SA is the fire mode
(If a weapon has multiple fire modes, you should duplicate the weapon for each)
- * SS - Single Shot
- * SA - Semi Automatic
- * SB - Short Wide Burst (-2 Defense Pool)
- * SNB Short Narrow Burst (+2 DV)
- * LB - Long Wide Burst (-5 Defense Pool)
- * LNB - Long Narrow Burst (+5 DV)
- * FA - Wide Full Auto (-9 Defense Pool)
- * NFA - Narrow Full Auto (+9 DV)

if i change the weapon each weapon mode and then try to roll on each one, then he uses the weapon mode always used last (e.g. if I go to SA/SB/LB, then he only takes LB mode because it was used last).

Missing categories for NPC-Sheet table 'combat'
Also, I was not able to enter submachine gun as category (e.g. HK-227X is a submachine gun, but I cannot place the category as itself into the npc combateheet). This error could be also occure for other categories (Sporting Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, etc.), but until yet I did not checked for that.

Fireball causes stun instead of phyiscal damage
Also, the spell fireball causes stun damage to the npc instead of physical damage.

Modifiers in NPC-Sheet table 'Attributes' cannot be saved
I tried to save the modifiers (tested with +/-) for the attributes and saved it, but unfortunately he did not saved the changes. (See 42309)

Will update you once I will find other errors.

ianmward
December 28th, 2020, 07:38
New update, v1.1.5, in the first post. See below for notes

Note that I also updated the module to work with Unity

Hi ian,

thanks for updating the ruleset. Combat tracker works fine now for both sides (Gamemaster/Player). I am still testing the functions for this ruleset and noticed following errors:

Errorreport when using Skill "Spellcasting" for NPC:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_skill.lua"]:404: attempt to index local 'rSpellData' (a nil value)

You should not really be using the Spellcasting skill directly, but should use the Spell which will then use the skill personalised for that spell. I have fixed it so it does not give the script error, however.

Duplicating weapons with multiple fire modes not possible
Also, I tried to duplicate the weapons with multiple fire modes (see below the quote with the description):

if i change the weapon each weapon mode and then try to roll on each one, then he uses the weapon mode always used last (e.g. if I go to SA/SB/LB, then he only takes LB mode because it was used last).

This was a tricky one, caused by not properly copying a table, so all entries for the same weapon were actually accessing the same memory...

Missing categories for NPC-Sheet table 'combat'
Also, I was not able to enter submachine gun as category (e.g. HK-227X is a submachine gun, but I cannot place the category as itself into the npc combateheet). This error could be also occure for other categories (Sporting Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, etc.), but until yet I did not checked for that.

I think only "Submachine Gun" was missing. I added it and the alias "SMG", so the following now works:

Uzi Ill [SMG, DV 5P, AP -1, SB, RC 0, 16(c), w/4 clips);

Fireball causes stun instead of phyiscal damage
Also, the spell fireball causes stun damage to the npc instead of physical damage.

I think this bug affected all spells doing Physical damage. Fixed now.

Modifiers in NPC-Sheet table 'Attributes' cannot be saved
I tried to save the modifiers (tested with +/-) for the attributes and saved it, but unfortunately he did not saved the changes. (See 42309)

I have changed the modifiers so they can be saved.

Will update you once I will find other errors.

Skullbert
December 28th, 2020, 20:27
Hi Ianmward,

wow, I am really impressed! Thanks a lot for your quick updates! :D Most of the settings are working fine now and I have to say that I am really happy about it!
Below other bugs which I noticed:

Trying to put modificators into Combat tracker
I figured out another bug, which appears when I try to put modificators into the Combat Tracker. Please see below. I also attached an image 42329.

Ruleset Error: window: Control(label) anchoring to an undefined control (leftanchor) in windowclass (ct_effect)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(label) anchoring to an undefined control (leftanchor) in windowclass (ct_effect)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_effect.lua"]:43: attempt to index global 'targeting_add_button' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_effect.lua"]:43: attempt to index global 'targeting_add_button' (a nil value)

w/4 clips question
Another question regarding the code for fire weapons. In which kind of way works the 'w/4 clips' passage? Or is there no automatic in the backend?

Wound-status value within CT
I noticed that there is some script given in the ct_entry.lua, which lists up the current health status for npc's. Code see below

function onWoundsChanged()
-- Calculate the percent wounded for this unit
-- local nPercentWounded, nPercentNonlethal = ActorManager.getPercentWounded("ct", getDatabaseNode());

-- Based on the percent wounded, change the font color for the Wounds field
-- if nPercentWounded > 1 then
-- wounds.setFont("ct_dead_number");
-- nonlethal.setFont("ct_dead_number");
-- elseif nPercentNonlethal > 1 then
-- wounds.setFont("ct_unc_number");
-- nonlethal.setFont("ct_unc_number");
-- elseif nPercentNonlethal > 0.66 then
-- wounds.setFont("ct_hvywound_number");
-- nonlethal.setFont("ct_hvywound_number");
-- elseif nPercentNonlethal > 0.33 then
-- wounds.setFont("ct_modwound_number");
-- nonlethal.setFont("ct_modwound_number");
-- elseif nPercentNonlethal > 0 then
-- wounds.setFont("ct_ltwound_number");
-- nonlethal.setFont("ct_ltwound_number");
-- else
-- wounds.setFont("ct_healthy_number");
-- nonlethal.setFont("ct_healthy_number");
-- end

-- Based on the percent wounded, set the Status text field
-- if nPercentWounded > 1 then
-- if (wounds.getValue() - hp.getValue()) < 10 then
-- status.setValue("Dying");
-- else
-- status.setValue("Dead");
-- end
-- elseif nPercentNonlethal > 1 then
-- status.setValue("Unconscious");
-- elseif nPercentWounded == 1 then
-- status.setValue("Disabled");
-- elseif nPercentNonlethal == 1 then
-- status.setValue("Staggered");
-- elseif nPercentNonlethal > .66 then
-- status.setValue("Heavy");
-- elseif nPercentNonlethal > .33 then
-- status.setValue("Moderate");
-- elseif nPercentNonlethal > 0 then
-- status.setValue("Light");
-- else
-- status.setValue("Healthy");
-- end

-- Update the token underlay to reflect wound status
-- updateTokenUnderlay();
end

Is there any possibility to make this visible for the combattracker and/or the battlemap?

Resist-Check for Drain-Value wrong
I noticed that in case of using the spells (e.g. Powerbolt or Fireball) the resist-value is much higher than it should be. For example, if you cast a spell with a mage (Willpower 5 + Magic 5), you only should have 10 dices to roll. But I do have 15 dices to resist the drainvalue. Please see attached image: 42351

Many thanks in advance for your help. I really appreciate your help in this matter! :)

ianmward
December 30th, 2020, 01:40
New version update, 1.1.6 to fix the combat tracker error with adding effects. I also cleaned up the spacing so that the targets summary does not appear over the attack or defense frames.

On your other questions:
1. The last field of the weapon is a notes field and has no automation effect.
2. Wound status is commented out and a left over from the D&D 3.5 base that was used originally. Though it would be possible to implement some equivalent, I will not be doing so.
3. I cannot even remember how drain was calculated, but I am surprised it would be wrong. I'll have to check, but not today :)

Enjoy...

ianmward
December 30th, 2020, 05:24
I checked the drain and it had a problem where it was adding Willpower+<drain-attribute>+Willpower... so the value was always Willpower too high.

v1.1.7 should fix it.

On the PC Character Sheet you need to make sure that you have selected the correct type of magic user (Mag./Res. at the top left) and then check the drain attribute selected. Unfortunately, the icons for the drain attribute were never done (as with many of the other icons on selectors) so they appear as (ALL - not selected, ONE - Willpower, ONE - Logic, ALL - Intuition, SNGL - Charisma). For Mages it should be Logic and for Shamen it should be Charisma. Luckily the tooltips are correct, so just step through until the tooltip shows the correct value.

After doing this, the Drain Resist should give the correct number of dice.

In my case, a Combat Mage should have Willpower + Logic 4+4 = 8 dice

corum Rask
January 6th, 2021, 20:37
Where can I download the Shadowrun ruleset I didn't even know it was on Fantasy Grounds. I have never played the game because no one in my area was interested but I have read the novels and I love the idea. I have Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License and would love to find a game to join.

ianmward
January 6th, 2021, 20:55
Where can I download the Shadowrun ruleset I didn't even know it was on Fantasy Grounds. I have never played the game because no one in my area was interested but I have read the novels and I love the idea. I have Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License and would love to find a game to join.

Welcome corum Rask,
There are links to the ruleset and basic data module in the first post in this thread.

Enjoy!

Ian

Skullbert
January 10th, 2021, 20:35
Hi Ian,

after several checks, I cannot find any error at this moment. We (that means my group & myself) appreciate the whole work, which you have done for us (and also the rest of the shadowrunner-commmunity). If we discover any other error/bug, we will update you within this thread.
Furthermore, I already wrote in another thread that we want to say thank you. I spoke with my group, and we would like to send you some little donation for your help. It is not something which can be taken for granted, because your ruleset ist free und you spent during christmas your time to fix the errors... Is it possible to send you the donation via PayPal? You can send me the contact details via PN, if you are interested.

ianmward
February 13th, 2021, 06:44
Hi all,

I have just updated post #1 with the link to an updated version of the ruleset in preparation for the new version of CoreRPG due on Tuesday.

If there are any issues, please post here.

Ian

Skullbert
April 3rd, 2021, 14:55
Hello Ian,

thanks a lot for providing us a new version for the latest FG Update. We tried to use the new version, but unfortunately there appear another error messages while using several functions. Below a list with the recorded error messages and also when they appear:

Try to make a check on attribute-value:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:903: findNode: Invalid parameter 1

Trying to enter Table "Combat"
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:903: findNode: Invalid parameter 1
Ruleset Warning: genericcontrol: Could not find icon (image_zoom) for control (activateweapondetail) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponitem)
Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (image_zoom) for control (activateweapondetail) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponitem)
Ruleset Warning: genericcontrol: Could not find icon (image_zoom) for control (activateweapondetail) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponitem)
Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (image_zoom) for control (activateweapondetail) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponitem)

Trying to activate Weapon within combat table:

Could you please have a look into this? Thanks a lot in advance! :)

ianmward
April 10th, 2021, 04:49
Thanks for spotting this Skullbert.

I have uploaded version 1.1.9 which should fix this up for you.

(Thanks to Damned for prodding me into action :-)

Skullbert
May 2nd, 2021, 15:33
Hello Ianmward,

Thank you very much for the update. I have tested it together with our group and everything works fine now. We noticed the following points in relation to the SR4 rules:

Range calcuation for throwing weapons:
- Is there a possibility to add a function to calculate the throwing weapon range? This is currently not available in the version.

Recoil rule for second shot in combat round:
- The recoil rule does not work if you shoot several times in a combat round. For example, two short busts in a row or two semi-automatic shots. It only works if you shoot once fully automatically. Is it possible to change this rule for shoots/short bursts in a row?

Drain resistance after spellcasting
-In this version, drain resistance includes penalties because of physical/stamina damage, this is not accord to the rules. Is it possible to remove the penalties for drain resistance?

Deduction of defence pool after second attack
- If player will be attacked second time by npc, usually there should be a deduction of 1 in defence pool. This does not happen. Is there any possibility to add this rule into the ruleset?

Melee combat:
- If player attacks npc, npc is not able to make defence check with additional ability (dodge/unarmed combat/melee).
- If npc attacks player while using melee ability, script error as below.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_skill.lua"]:323: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nDV' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: s'aComponents: ' | { #1 = { s'nAllowRoll' = #1, s'nEnd' = #45, s'nMod' = #3, s'nLabelEnd' = #45, s'nStart' = #1, s'rWeaponDetail' = { s'sWeaponType' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'type' = s'Melee', s'sNotes' = s'', s'short' = #1, s'extreme' = #0, s'skill' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'ap' = s'0', s'long' = #0, s'sReach' = s'0', s'dv' = s'7K', s'sName' = s'Claws', s'min' = #0, s'medium' = #0 }, s'sLabel' = s'Unarmed Combat' } }
Runtime Notice: s'onHoverUpdate: ' | #1 | #1 | #17 | { s'sWeaponType' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'type' = s'Melee', s'sNotes' = s'', s'short' = #1, s'extreme' = #0, s'skill' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'ap' = s'0', s'long' = #0, s'sReach' = s'0', s'dv' = s'7K', s'sName' = s'Claws', s'min' = #0, s'medium' = #0 }
Runtime Notice: s'onHoverUpdate: ' | #1 | #1 | #17 | { s'sWeaponType' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'type' = s'Melee', s'sNotes' = s'', s'short' = #1, s'extreme' = #0, s'skill' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'ap' = s'0', s'long' = #0, s'sReach' = s'0', s'dv' = s'7K', s'sName' = s'Claws', s'min' = #0, s'medium' = #0 }
Runtime Notice: s'onHoverUpdate: ' | #1 | #1 | #11 | { s'sWeaponType' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'type' = s'Melee', s'sNotes' = s'', s'short' = #1, s'extreme' = #0, s'skill' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'ap' = s'0', s'long' = #0, s'sReach' = s'0', s'dv' = s'7K', s'sName' = s'Claws', s'min' = #0, s'medium' = #0 }
Runtime Notice: s'onHoverUpdate: ' | #1 | #1 | #11 | { s'sWeaponType' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'type' = s'Melee', s'sNotes' = s'', s'short' = #1, s'extreme' = #0, s'skill' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'ap' = s'0', s'long' = #0, s'sReach' = s'0', s'dv' = s'7K', s'sName' = s'Claws', s'min' = #0, s'medium' = #0 }
Runtime Notice: s'onHoverUpdate: ' | #1 | #1 | #9 | { s'sWeaponType' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'type' = s'Melee', s'sNotes' = s'', s'short' = #1, s'extreme' = #0, s'skill' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'ap' = s'0', s'long' = #0, s'sReach' = s'0', s'dv' = s'7K', s'sName' = s'Claws', s'min' = #0, s'medium' = #0 }
Runtime Notice: s'onHoverUpdate: ' | #1 | #1 | #7 | { s'sWeaponType' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'type' = s'Melee', s'sNotes' = s'', s'short' = #1, s'extreme' = #0, s'skill' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'ap' = s'0', s'long' = #0, s'sReach' = s'0', s'dv' = s'7K', s'sName' = s'Claws', s'min' = #0, s'medium' = #0 }
Runtime Notice: s'onHoverUpdate: ' | #1 | #1 | #4 | { s'sWeaponType' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'type' = s'Melee', s'sNotes' = s'', s'short' = #1, s'extreme' = #0, s'skill' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'ap' = s'0', s'long' = #0, s'sReach' = s'0', s'dv' = s'7K', s'sName' = s'Claws', s'min' = #0, s'medium' = #0 }

If you do need further details, please let me know.
Thanks a lot for your effords!

ianmward
May 9th, 2021, 00:44
Hi Skullbert,

I can’t promise anything, really, but I will try to find some time to look at the easier ones…

I have little spare time at the moment.

Ian

Skullbert
July 20th, 2021, 23:44
Hi Ian,

I can totally understand your situation.
Just because our rpg-group need this infomration - are you able to update the ruleset regarding the mentioned bugs? If not, this is absolutely okay. We only need to know if changes will happen or not :)

ianmward
July 25th, 2021, 08:11
Hi Skullbert,

I made some time and started working through them.

Some need more work as they need to track state and reset at the start of the turn... possible, but I need to think a little more before I touch it.

I have knocked off a couple of the others...

Hello Ianmward,

Thank you very much for the update. I have tested it together with our group and everything works fine now. We noticed the following points in relation to the SR4 rules:

Range calcuation for throwing weapons:
- Is there a possibility to add a function to calculate the throwing weapon range? This is currently not available in the version.
I need to look a bit harder at this as the ranges are normally static and now need to be dynamic...

Recoil rule for second shot in combat round:
- The recoil rule does not work if you shoot several times in a combat round. For example, two short busts in a row or two semi-automatic shots. It only works if you shoot once fully automatically. Is it possible to change this rule for shoots/short bursts in a row?
This is one that needs to maintain state.

Drain resistance after spellcasting
-In this version, drain resistance includes penalties because of physical/stamina damage, this is not accord to the rules. Is it possible to remove the penalties for drain resistance?
I fixed this.

Deduction of defence pool after second attack
- If player will be attacked second time by npc, usually there should be a deduction of 1 in defence pool. This does not happen. Is there any possibility to add this rule into the ruleset?
This is one that needs to maintain state.

Melee combat:
- If player attacks npc, npc is not able to make defence check with additional ability (dodge/unarmed combat/melee).
I partially fixed this. I fixed the Full Defense toggle switch to update the defense value to include either Dodge skill of Gymnastic skill (whichever is higher). This is correct for ranged combat but not melee combat. For Melee, we would need another defense value or the choice of dodge, parry or block. Unfortunately, we don't track if which of their weapons they are using, so don't know if they can parry or not.
With PCs, it automatically parries if the active weapon is a Melee weapon...

- If npc attacks player while using melee ability, script error as below.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_skill.lua"]:323: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nDV' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: s'aComponents: ' | { #1 = { s'nAllowRoll' = #1, s'nEnd' = #45, s'nMod' = #3, s'nLabelEnd' = #45, s'nStart' = #1, s'rWeaponDetail' = { s'sWeaponType' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'type' = s'Melee', s'sNotes' = s'', s'short' = #1, s'extreme' = #0, s'skill' = s'Unarmed Combat', s'ap' = s'0', s'long' = #0, s'sReach' = s'0', s'dv' = s'7K', s'sName' = s'Claws', s'min' = #0, s'medium' = #0 }, s'sLabel' = s'Unarmed Combat' } }

This was a weird one, it seems that the DV on the weapon in use was 7K which does not parse correctly (it should be P or S for Physical or Stun), so gave an error. I fixed that but then found another error, which I also fixed, so it seems to work now.

I also made the fonts bigger for FGU.

Skullbert
August 26th, 2021, 21:24
Hi Ian,

thanks a lot for your updates. I really appreciate it :)
After testing some weapons for NPCs (with the categories which are listed in the library within the ruleset), I noticed that some of the categores are not working. Please see below for the categories:

- Category "Exotic Melee Weapons" is not working for npc player
- Category "Throwing Weapons" is not working for npc player
- Category "Hold Outs" is not working for npc player
- Category "Special Weapons" is not working for npc player
- Category "Grenades" is not working for npc player

Additional to that, I would like to know if it is possible to modify the force of spellcasting for NPCs. As far as I could see, NPCs are able to cast, but only with their highest force (which is their magic-attribut).

Regards,
Skullbert

Deadtissue
April 8th, 2022, 13:06
Gents just found this and I have looked everywhere, well obviously not everywhere, for an SR 4 VTT solution. I would love to try this but am not an FGU expert or a programmer. So my first question how do I get the html links in post 1 into my FGU software?, if anyone is still following this thread.

Thanks in advance

damned
April 8th, 2022, 13:16
welcome Deadtissue

Close FG. Open FG and click on the Folder/Explorer Icon on the splash screen.
From there open \rulesets and drop the pak file there
The mod file goes in the \modules folder

Deadtissue
April 8th, 2022, 15:46
Thanks, I am now loaded and beginning to explore.........I was trying to access the wrong files.

micael
September 14th, 2022, 14:08
The files wont work with the newest FGU version 4.2.1- if you drag something (Skill, item) on the charsheet from the library/ module always a error messages comes up and you find also not the items in the Character menu (Skills, Spells etc.)- what can we do here? Thanks Micael

Deadtissue
September 14th, 2022, 15:06
Yeah you are right there, I have started just using the generic ruleset and running games in FGU just using combat tracker and maps, lighting, etc, and a few basic NPCs I generate where needed, My biggest challenge is dice pools. I basically have the players create a range of pools from 6-16 dice in the taskbar across the bottom, it has sped things up immensly.

Thanks for the reply and attempt though.