PDA

View Full Version : Save for no damage

AKABigBlack
June 27th, 2015, 04:39
apologies if this has been asked before. but i couldn't find it with a search. Is there an option to set the damage result of a successful save equal to no damage? currently all i see as an option is "Half on Success". is there a "None on Success" option i am missing somewhere??

Mavrik6666
June 27th, 2015, 15:26
i had this issues with evasion.... (save for no damage) - do not roll damage against them if they save :) i guess its that simple. If the are part of a group target, then if they save the target will be removed and they wont have any damage rolled against them

Zacchaeus
June 27th, 2015, 18:34
No, their currently isn't a "None on Success" option. As Mavrik says the only option is to make sure that the PC or NPC isn't targeted when damage is rolled. If, as Mavrik says, a group has been targeted (say by something like a Fireball spell) then any who pass the save will still take half damage so the DM would have to manually remove the targeting from anyone who would avoid any damage. If the Character failed the save but would still only take half damage the DM would need to again un-targeted (I know there's no such word but I don't have my thesaurus handy :)) them and then apply the half damage manually.

Overall it might be best to simply not target anyone who has this kind of ability at all and roll the dice into the chat window and then apply any damage manually. If a mistake has occurred and someone has taken damage when they shouldn't you can pick up the damage from the chat window and drag it back onto the hit points while holding down CTRL to negate it.

Zacchaeus
June 28th, 2015, 09:26
No sooner have I said this than there is now an effect in the latest test version that will handle this.

AKABigBlack
June 28th, 2015, 23:43
really? this is great! i had to roll back to the production version due to a version conflict with my DM. i'll be checking this out for sure. thanks!

Zacchaeus
June 29th, 2015, 16:10
Thy are called "avoidance" and "evasion" and actually might have been around longer than I thought.