PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok with Wizard of the Coast

kdconwell1
June 24th, 2015, 17:21
I called Wizard of the Coast and they keep acting like I need to get a card for my DCI number, and I need to go somewhere to participate in a game. I was told how to sign up for a DCI Number so I have one, but now I am really confused. The game I am taking part in is through you guys and I was going to use the character in another game, but the log asks for the DCI Number of the DM and Name of the DM and the name of the game. Then it is just my information like character name DCI and stuff like that along with some game information on the actual game play. Please Help me Understand.

Talen
June 24th, 2015, 19:08
The short answer is that online adventure league games were officially approved by WOTC about 3 months ago provided your DM streams the game. Players do NOT need a DCI number for online games- they need only keep a log. I am posting this from my phone, but I will post the link to the official wiki faq which addresses these questions later. #AL_LC

Talen
June 24th, 2015, 19:14
One clarification that may be adding to the confusion - if you are.playing in the store, they will get you a dci number as the store needs it to satisfy their reporting to maintain their store status.

Talen
June 25th, 2015, 12:14
The FAQ for the Adventurers League can be found HERE (https://dndadventurersleague.org/sage/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions_(FAQ))