PDA

View Full Version : Local Characters

Gorillaman13
June 24th, 2015, 02:28
I played a DDAL game recently (5e) and was emailed back my character after the game. I deleted the old version in my 'Manage Characters' area and imported the updated file. The Main tab had all the right info, but it took the Abilities and the portrait from one of the other Local Characters I had created. Can I not have any characters in there when I import one to update?

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2015, 20:12
The PC portrait is not included with character records. (partially because import/export is only XML, and partially due to size considerations)

You will need to set the portrait for a PC each time you import.

Regards,
JPG

Gorillaman13
June 25th, 2015, 20:37
The portrait wasn't the only thing transferred. On the Abilities tab it had sorcerer and drow trait on the half-orc paladin I uploaded (the drow sorcerer was the last character in the list before I imported the paladin).

Moon Wizard
June 26th, 2015, 23:29
That would be very odd, since the character XML is placed in an independent data node.

You can try posting the original character export that you used. My guess is that the drow data is already on the character, though I've been proved wrong before with corner cases.

Regards,
JPG