PDA

View Full Version : GURPS on CoreRPG

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 23rd, 2015, 14:19
Is there any project to "convert" GURPS for CoreRPG?
To make - so, more "compatible" with the changes made in the Fantasy Grounds.
I know there are political as the automation of rolls, but is there any restriction on both the Fantasy Grounds, as well as the Steve Jackson Games team regarding the translation?

damned
June 23rd, 2015, 14:36
Steve Jackson Games would have you not improve it or add any functionality but... there is no other reason to stop you doing this...

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 23rd, 2015, 14:59
Let's say that with the move to CoreRPG he would be more "organized"
What about translation would be because I am Brazilian "GURPista" and want to attract lazy friends who like RPG, like GURPS ... Friends are attracted to the FG, but always use the excuse ... ah, but is in English if it was in Portuguese I wore ... but I know it's pure laziness :D

Gigermann
June 23rd, 2015, 15:25
Is there any project to "convert" GURPS for CoreRPG?
To make - so, more "compatible" with the changes made in the Fantasy Grounds.
I know there are political as the automation of rolls, but is there any restriction on both the Fantasy Grounds, as well as the Steve Jackson Games team regarding the translation?Yes. It's moving slowly, but moving.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 26th, 2015, 13:39
Gigerman, who's taking care of this change for the GURPS?
I'm anxious to see him with a "new face".

Gigermann
June 26th, 2015, 14:54
Ronnke, though I think he does occasionally confer with Saithan still

ronnke
July 10th, 2015, 04:26
It's close to being at a playable stage, but there is still much to do before it becomes a finished product.

Here are some screenshots of the character sheet and some of its features.

ronnke
July 10th, 2015, 04:27
And a few more screenshots

GunnarGreybeard
July 10th, 2015, 05:48
Man, that some seriously excellent work right there.

ronnke
July 10th, 2015, 10:42
Man, that some seriously excellent work right there.

Thanks!
Finding the motivation to work on it, amongst all my other projects, makes it slow moving. Plus the current ruleset works perfectly fine, so there is no particular urgency either. But soon-ish. :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 10th, 2015, 18:41
Ronnke it is a perfect job! I like the old version, but the new is great!

seycyrus
July 11th, 2015, 00:28
That's amazing! Thanks for your time and work.

Do you plan on being able to import characters from GCA4 the way Saithan's ruleset could?

Dakadin
July 11th, 2015, 02:03
Great job! I am looking forward to it but no pressure. :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 11th, 2015, 02:39
I'm anxious to start using this beautiful ruleset: D

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 11th, 2015, 02:40
Just as you would the Shrek donkey
Already released? Already released?
Do Not!
And now?

ronnke
July 11th, 2015, 05:56
That's amazing! Thanks for your time and work.

Do you plan on being able to import characters from GCA4 the way Saithan's ruleset could?

Once the character database is locked in, then Saithan was going to work on the GCA export routines. So yes, import ability is planned.

Honken
July 11th, 2015, 08:38
This looks great! Since I have a GURPS Traveller campaign going in FG i would defenitely be interested in this. Keep up the good work!

/H

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 13th, 2015, 12:26
Not that I want to rush the work of dedicated people, but I wanted to there is a possibility of this ruleset GURPS be ready this month.
Because I am a big fan of the system and Fantasy Grounds and I'm curious, anxious ... elated to be able to use - it.

ronnke
July 13th, 2015, 14:01
Not that I want to rush the work of dedicated people, but I wanted to there is a possibility of this ruleset GURPS be ready this month.

Not very likely. I also don't want to commit to a release date, because that only annoys people if you miss it. I know it's not the most reassuring response, but "it will be ready when it's ready".

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 13th, 2015, 14:07
I understand and am awaiting ronnke
Thank you for your dedication and attention to respond as quickly messages.

gkorjax
July 16th, 2015, 03:16
Wow, this looks great. What part are you working on now?

ronnke
July 16th, 2015, 04:29
Wow, this looks great. What part are you working on now?

Some of the behind the scenes code and the combat tracker. Will move to NPCs, Items and Vehicles after that.

Honken
July 16th, 2015, 13:03
I am glad to hear that somebody is working on this.

Can't wait to use it. :)

/H

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 16th, 2015, 16:01
Me too :)

seycyrus
July 18th, 2015, 15:30
So, (please excuse my ignorance) if this were to be implemented, does that mean we would be able to use all the cool extensions and other stuff that I see everyone else (spoiled brats, I tell ya!) talking about?

Honken
July 18th, 2015, 20:10
Well, if I understand this right, yes we should. This is built upon CoreRPG, so therefore all extensions that is not ruleset specific should work on the GURPS one too.

/H

ronnke
July 19th, 2015, 00:07
So, (please excuse my ignorance) if this were to be implemented, does that mean we would be able to use all the cool extensions and other stuff that I see everyone else (spoiled brats, I tell ya!) talking about?

This is correct.

seycyrus
July 19th, 2015, 14:19
Some of the behind the scenes code and the combat tracker. Will move to NPCs, Items and Vehicles after that.

Thanks again for all your work and future work. I have a question regarding the combat tracker. Are there any GURPS-specific items that you will bringing in?

I'm wondering about crippled body parts in particular. The way I handle it now, is by applying an effect (crippled left leg, crippled right arm etc.), but that slow things down when trying to handle large groups of NPCs. Something like a little tick-box would be helpful.

If it's too late for that sort of thing, I guess I'm asking a general question to the GURPERS out there. How do you handle such things as crippled limbs? Are there any other GURPS "features" that you have found a clever way to deal with?

Honken
July 19th, 2015, 23:08
Well, I am not the maker of this ruleset, but having been around these parts a while, I hear learned that Steve Jackson games have quite a restrictive policy when it comes to GURPS and computers. This means that the GURPS ruleset will be very light on automation.

/H

seycyrus
July 20th, 2015, 00:33
Well, I am not the maker of this ruleset, but having been around these parts a while, I hear learned that Steve Jackson games have quite a restrictive policy when it comes to GURPS and computers. This means that the GURPS ruleset will be very light on automation.
/H
Oh, I understand that too. But what I am talking about would not be automated. The GM would just tick off a box next to "R-arm" (for example) designating it as crippled.

ronnke
July 20th, 2015, 01:23
The ruleset, like the existing, will be completely within the SJG online policy.

As for things like crippled limbs, I think the best way to handle that is still with effects. GURPS being what it is, means you may have players or creatures, that don't necessarily follow the 2 arms, 2 legs, a head and torso body form.

I am planning to add into the tracker some interface to track things posture (prone, crouching, kneeling, standing, etc), and maybe conditions like stunned, unconscious, dead and have these reflected on the characters map token. The combat tracker will not be too different from the existing, but the biggest change will be the ability to add vehicles into the tracker.

seycyrus
July 20th, 2015, 02:14
The ruleset, like the existing, will be completely within the SJG online policy.

As for things like crippled limbs, I think the best way to handle that is still with effects. GURPS being what it is, means you may have players or creatures, that don't necessarily follow the 2 arms, 2 legs, a head and torso body form.

I am planning to add into the tracker some interface to track things posture (prone, crouching, kneeling, standing, etc), and maybe conditions like stunned, unconscious, dead and have these reflected on the characters map token. The combat tracker will not be too different from the existing, but the biggest change will be the ability to add vehicles into the tracker.

I forgot that you GM approximately 50 ongoing campaigns, and have undoubtedly ran into whatever I run into, plus some!

Right now I throw down an effect, and then manually put an overlay on the token (little crutch or arm in a cast etc.) if applicable. I have effects to keep track of posture, status (stunned, frightened...) and status (hurt, hurt bad, ...).

Anything you can add to assist in any of this in the tracker would be a monumental help. What you listed above sounds great.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 30th, 2015, 12:09
The "New" GURPS Ruleset will be a playtest mode before your release?

ronnke
July 30th, 2015, 16:39
Yes

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 30th, 2015, 18:24
Great :D

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 6th, 2015, 15:26
And as they walk the progress of the "project"?
Has more screen shots to quench my curiosity and I believe that many who are GURPS fans?

ronnke
August 6th, 2015, 22:01
Nope, sorry. I was only able to sink a couple of hours into the development this week. :( Might get more time this weekend.

SceiccoNero
August 13th, 2015, 22:49
Ronnke,

can't wait to play with the new futures! The current version is ok, but your one appears to be faaar better! Go on man!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 13th, 2015, 23:32
I wanna play the "new" version too :D

Honken
August 15th, 2015, 11:04
Well, I would like to too. No Pressure Ronnke. :P

/H

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 16th, 2015, 21:31
There is no pressure, it is only the desire of play GURPS in FG :D

ronnke
August 17th, 2015, 01:46
You can already play GURPS in FG. The current ruleset is perfectly fine. ;)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 17th, 2015, 12:47
The New made in CoreRPG? or the "Old" ?
we just wanna play, the GURPS made in CoreRPG with all beautiful things :D

Honken
August 17th, 2015, 13:24
However much i want to see a new and improved GURPS ruleset, Ronnke can only be so fast. It will be finished when it is finished.

/H

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 17th, 2015, 14:35
lol, I know...I know

GunbunnyFuFu
August 28th, 2015, 23:27
I'm looking forward to this, as well. It will allow me to continue my BlackEagle/BlackEagle technothriller game using GURPS. I hope that with the new ruleset I'll be able to drag skills down to the hotbar and have the 3d6 roll upon press, etc. I know what SJ Games policy when it comes to automation is (however archaic and so totally inane I might think it is), but that is something I can probably (hopefully) kludge in if it's not present. I also may need a couple more players...

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 2nd, 2015, 11:18
Hello my dear friends.
Anything else you can share how you're getting the "new" version of the GURPS RPG Core?
I am anxious, curious and crazy to play using it.

ronnke
September 2nd, 2015, 21:45
Still chugging along slowly. :)

TalonKaine
September 6th, 2015, 10:40
You're the man Ronnke!

SceiccoNero
November 4th, 2015, 19:09
Hi ronnke, is there a way to qualify for the beta test?

Thanks

ronnke
November 4th, 2015, 20:43
It will be closed alpha (my own gaming group) and open beta.

Honken
November 4th, 2015, 20:58
Well, I would like to sign up for the Beta then. :P

/H

TalonKaine
November 5th, 2015, 00:41
I also would love to test it in the beta. My group plays GURPS every week and would love to test the crap out of it.. haha

SceiccoNero
November 5th, 2015, 16:07
Me too, that's why I asked in he first place :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 5th, 2015, 16:44
I like to test too :D

RevenantBob
December 14th, 2015, 11:46
This is what I been waiting for! Thanks errbody for the hard work you're doing!

ronnke
December 14th, 2015, 12:53
With the xmas break coming up, I'm going to have time to put a decent amount of work into the ruleset. Stay tuned. :)

GunnarGreybeard
December 14th, 2015, 13:48
Nice! Looking forward to it and thanks for the effort.

SceiccoNero
December 14th, 2015, 15:36
Great News indeed! :) Thanks

TalonKaine
December 14th, 2015, 20:17
I can hardly contain myself!!!! Gahhh!!! Getting so close! Keep it up Ronnke!

GunbunnyFuFu
December 22nd, 2015, 14:48
Awesome news, Ronnke! Looking forward to this! Thanks for rewriting this! One question...I'm currently putting my initial BlackEagle/BlackEagle technothriller adaptation into FG under the old GURPS ruleset...if I make it a Module, can I import it into the new ruleset?

Gunbunny

Jaxilon
December 30th, 2015, 06:19
I would just like to add my thanks to you for working so hard on this.

I don't always play RPGs but when I do I use GURPS. I look forward to using your Ruleset as I just purchased the Ultimate edition of FG. Woot!!

I am now going through the noobie tutorials but with my friends all over the country I have high hopes for all this. I do wish SJG would work something out with FG so I could save myself the hours I'll need building it myself. I am not kidding in that I almost bailed on Gurps over this point. My game world is homebrewed and I would rather spend more time developing it and the adventures that take place there instead of fighting with rules.

I have a bunch of version 3 books and recently upgraded to 4.0. Obviously, I don't mind paying to save myself time. Real proof I'm getting old!

Anyway, thank you in advance for your efforts!

PS. I barely know what I'm doing yet but if I can offer any help please let me know.

phoagne
February 8th, 2016, 09:59
Any progress or news?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 12th, 2016, 12:32
I also would like to hear, after all was silence was made on progress.

ronnke
February 12th, 2016, 15:04
Not much progress over the past month and the next few weeks sadly will not see much progress either. Sorry, can't help that.

I'll post some new screenshots soon, so you guys can see how things will look.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 12th, 2016, 18:37
What remains to achieve "launch" even one "beta"

ronnke
February 18th, 2016, 01:08
Some work needs to be done on the tracker and the npc sheets, plus some minor graphics.

I hope to do a playtest of the ruleset with my gaming group this weekend.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 18th, 2016, 10:10
excelent news!
I hope everything right, if you can post some prints would be better or we would be very happy.

ronnke
February 21st, 2016, 05:44
The playtest with my usual group went well. A few minor changes to make as a result, but things are looking good and the reaction from the players was really positive. I'm not sure if my players read this forum, but if they do, then they might post their thoughts.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 21st, 2016, 11:34
I would like the opinion of GURPS fans here in Brazil GURPS players are rare.
And I wonder if you have pictures of the game session.

ronnke
February 21st, 2016, 11:44
I don't have screen shots, but I think I will do a short video to show how things work. People can then comment and offer feedback before the ruleset goes to beta.

GunbunnyFuFu
February 21st, 2016, 13:19
Ronnke,

Awesome! Glad things went well! Looking forward to the new ruleset!

GunbunnyFuFu

ronnke
February 22nd, 2016, 23:36
As promised, here is a video demo of the new GURPS Ruleset. I tiredly recorded this at 2am in the morning, so my apologies if I drag on in some places. Please feel free to add your constructive criticism and possible suggestions.

GURPS 4e Core Beta Demo (https://youtu.be/pSm-9Trzd5w)

Enjoy

GunbunnyFuFu
February 22nd, 2016, 23:47
Ronnke,

Looking very, very good! Great job!

GunbunnyFuFu

TalonKaine
February 23rd, 2016, 01:25
Amazing work man... can't wait! I can hardly contain myself!!!

seycyrus
February 23rd, 2016, 03:03
As promised, here is a video demo of the new GURPS Ruleset...

Looks Great! And thanks for putting out a video!

Is Saithan still planning to integrate his character export sheet for GCA4 -> FG ?

ronnke
February 23rd, 2016, 03:07
Is Saithan still planning to integrate his character export sheet for GCA4 -> FG ?

Yes he is.

Dakadin
February 23rd, 2016, 03:53
Great job!

ibecker
February 23rd, 2016, 05:26
That demo looks incredible - looking forward to trying it out!

Thanks for all of your hard work!

damned
February 23rd, 2016, 09:57
hehehehe... you do sound tired at points in the video but far more importantly - it looks great!

GunnarGreybeard
February 23rd, 2016, 17:26
Man, that looks awesome!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 23rd, 2016, 18:39
Congratulations!
Great job!

Honken
February 23rd, 2016, 19:40
That looked Awesome!

viresanimi
February 24th, 2016, 17:25
Is the NPC sheet going to be just as good as the character sheet? As a master of too many games, I tend to focus more on the master stuff and NPC sheets are more important to me.

Vires Animi

Valekk
February 24th, 2016, 20:14
That looks amazing. Great work!

damned
February 24th, 2016, 21:01
Is the NPC sheet going to be just as good as the character sheet? As a master of too many games, I tend to focus more on the master stuff and NPC sheets are more important to me

In no ruleset is the NPC sheet as complex as the PC sheet. If you want to use the PC sheet for NPCs set them up as PCs and you will have access to all the features.

SceiccoNero
February 24th, 2016, 21:07
Hi! thanks for the hard work, it looks awesome!

Just two question:
1) if I write library entries as you show in the video (ex. I write down the description of an item), does the new entry stay in the database, so that I can use the very same item to drag and drop in another PC sheet?
2) will the saithan compatibility files for GCA be ready together with the ruleset release?

Thank you again and... my deepest gratitude for what you have done! :)

ronnke
February 24th, 2016, 22:14
Is the NPC sheet going to be just as good as the character sheet? As a master of too many games, I tend to focus more on the master stuff and NPC sheets are more important to me.

Vires Animi

No, the NPC sheets are not as comprehensive, but they are significantly more involved than the npc sheets in the current ruleset. There was some talk with my group about the possibility if having a full sheet for NPC where you want it, and the cut down sheet for general npcs. I need to investigate the logistics of that.

ronnke
February 24th, 2016, 22:20
Hi! thanks for the hard work, it looks awesome!

Just two question:
1) if I write library entries as you show in the video (ex. I write down the description of an item), does the new entry stay in the database, so that I can use the very same item to drag and drop in another PC sheet?
2) will the saithan compatibility files for GCA be ready together with the ruleset release?

Thank you again and... my deepest gratitude for what you have done! :)
Thanks

1. Yes, details will drag n drop just fine.

2. When I spoke to Saithan last, he was planning to make the changes to the GCA export. I haven't spoken in a while, but I have no reason to assume that has changed. In the event he no longer has the time, then I will do it myself.

Andraax
February 25th, 2016, 01:05
No, the NPC sheets are not as comprehensive, but they are significantly more involved than the npc sheets in the current ruleset. There was some talk with my group about the possibility if having a full sheet for NPC where you want it, and the cut down sheet for general npcs. I need to investigate the logistics of that.

You already have that. When you want the "cut down" sheet, create them as an NPC, when you need a full sheet, create them using a PC sheet.

ronnke
February 25th, 2016, 01:24
You already have that. When you want the "cut down" sheet, create them as an NPC, when you need a full sheet, create them using a PC sheet.

If you do that, your NPC will then appear as a PC which your players can select. Not good when you want to keep your NPC and/or their abilities secret. Also, if you have several "PC" NPC's, the character selection screen is going to be very cluttered.

viresanimi
February 25th, 2016, 01:28
@Damned

I shall correct you sir. Look at the Vampire the Masquerade ruleset. The NPC sheets are basically identical to PC sheets. Which is the way it should be really.

Vires Animi

ronnke
February 25th, 2016, 01:33
What would people prefer?

Should NPC sheets be cut down versions of the full sheet, or should they have a full sheet like PCs?

Andraax
February 25th, 2016, 01:42
If you do that, your NPC will then appear as a PC which your players can select. Not good when you want to keep your NPC and/or their abilities secret. Also, if you have several "PC" NPC's, the character selection screen is going to be very cluttered.

You just log in as a player to your campaign, select the NPCs and other players can't select them. And create a story entry called "NPCs" and drag and drop your NPCs from the character selection window onto the sheet; then you can click on the links to go straight to the character sheet. You can also add notes and organize them however you like.

I only have a few NPCs that need to fleshed out that completely, however.

Herodian
February 25th, 2016, 05:37

Should NPC sheets be cut down versions of the full sheet, or should they have a full sheet like PCs?

I prefer just the basics for my NPCs. If a villain is so important they need their own character sheet, I do that on paper.

demonsbane
February 25th, 2016, 10:00
That looks amazing. Great work!

Indeed!

Kazander
February 25th, 2016, 14:16

Many of my NPC's end up needing a full sheet. As you get higher in point totals, the NPCs get more complex and a cut down sheet doesn't work, even for 'mooks'.

viresanimi
February 25th, 2016, 14:26
I would always advocate for NPC sheets that offers more than we're used to. Not saying it should be as good as a charactersheet per se, but a lot rulesets' npc sheets are woefully lackluster. Any improvement is good, if you ask me. If you can get to the same level as charactersheets, more power to you, I say.

Having looked at the video, I am seriously considering dusting off my old Gurps books and use that again. A lot of what I am playing these days are based on how good rulesets are, and what you're doing loots pretty nice, I must say.

Keep up the good work sir

Vires Animi

Gigermann
February 25th, 2016, 14:50
Maybe having the ability to tag a character as "not available to players" would be a good compromise

Andraax
February 25th, 2016, 19:21
Maybe having the ability to tag a character as "not available to players" would be a good compromise

You log into your own campaign as a player and take control of the PC. Then it won't be available to other players. It's trivial, and already works.

Herodian
February 26th, 2016, 05:06
You log into your own campaign as a player and take control of the PC. Then it won't be available to other players. It's trivial, and already works.

Having an NPC appear in the roster of players isn't suspicious at all, right? X)

Andraax
February 26th, 2016, 05:17
Having an NPC appear in the roster of players isn't suspicious at all, right? X)

You do that before players connect to the game. Then you disconnect. After that, your other players won't be able to see it at all - it neither shows up on the player selection window nor does it show up in the list of active players. But the GM can look at it anytime he wants, it can be added to the CT (make sure you mark it as neutral or enemy), etc. Clicking on the link in the CT or the token on the map will bring up the full character sheet.

I mean, the system already does everything you need. I don't see why people are even considering reinventing the wheel.

Gigermann
February 26th, 2016, 14:42
Just because there's a workaround doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed properly

Andraax
February 26th, 2016, 15:20
It's not a workaround. Do you have two different character sheets in your face to face games - one for player characters and a *different* one for major NPCs? If not, then why should the system have this?

For major NPCs that need to be fully fleshed out, I use *the exact same* character sheet that the players use for their characters. Why should FG be different?

viresanimi
February 26th, 2016, 15:37
Andraax got a point. The option for making NPC's with charactersheets is totally valid. I wouldn't call it a work around. It is an option. I just feel that the option shouldn't be necessary, if NPC sheets did everything charactersheets did. Then you didn't have to do the whole "log on to yourself, just to keep it hidden from the players"-thing.

Just my two coppers worth

Vires Animi

Andraax
February 26th, 2016, 16:08
Then why don't we just eliminate the NPC sheets completely, and have to go through the entire character creation process with *every* NPC?

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2016, 17:35
That in a nutshell is why the sheets are different in almost every single RPG.

I haven't read a popular system yet, where the NPC stat blocks were as detailed or technical as PCs and the character creation process.

It has to do with GM efficiency. It doesn't make sense to build every NPC to the same level of detail as PCs. It just takes too much prep time for too little gain when you apply to every NPC.

The Cypher system (i.e. Numenera) takes this even further where basic creatures are just a name and a level, and more advanced ones are just a few modifiers in specific rolls for flavor.

Regards,
JPG

Gigermann
February 27th, 2016, 00:16
I honestly can't understand why anyone would make a fuss about adding a proper way to make a PC-type sheet for NPCs that doesn't involve a separate login to the campaign. If you want to keep doing it that way, nothing would stop you, I presume. This is really a non-argument

damned
February 27th, 2016, 00:37
I honestly can't understand why anyone would make a fuss about adding a proper way to make a PC-type sheet for NPCs that doesn't involve a separate login to the campaign. If you want to keep doing it that way, nothing would stop you, I presume. This is really a non-argument

I disagree. The PC sheets take sooooo much longer to fill out. NPCs in the most cases are disposable. I want to invest as absolutely small amount of time in them as possible. The 5e PHB has about 13 classes. The similarly sized Monster Manual contains over 200 monsters. I like my PCs having a single tab with only essential info in them. Major rolls and Attack/Damage Rolls. It should also have a description about how the monster acts/reacts and uses its own strengths to good effect. Thats it.

Dakadin
February 27th, 2016, 03:49
I don't necessarily need a full PC sheet for my NPCs.

I would really like to see is the ability to make the required rolls for NPCs like stats, defenses, skills, weapons. This would be the biggest help for me during a game.

I want to see their stats, advantages, disadvantages, skills, etc even if it is just a list of them. It would be nice to have links that open up to the detail but I doubt I would bother to fill in the information for most NPCs. I tend to review NPCs before a game so I know what they are capable of before play begins.

Hopefully the feedback is helpful but I would recommend you set it up how you think it would work the best since you will be using it in your games. ;)

Thanks again for working on this!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 27th, 2016, 10:50
I liked the idea proposed, to be a player sheet and have a "button" which I define not available to the player.

viresanimi
February 27th, 2016, 11:46
I think part of the issue with NPC sheets versus PC sheets, is that the former often relies on a syntax that you got to know, to properly make your own. Now I get the whole M&M syntax, because there is nothing much to it and somewhat got the 3.5 / Pathfinder syntax. But now the 5E system has its own and its driving me up the walls that every system has its own way of doing it. I am not good at coding!!! And this is why PC sheets is the better option for many, I believe. There isn't any "code" to be put in. You edit numbers and drag and drop items / spells. DONE!

Big difference for some

And while I would agree that some NPC are just fodder, not all are. I firmly believe the problem with the NPC sheets come from the D&D rollplay aspect. It is for combat simulation and nothing more. But it doesn't support roleplaying, where some NPC's are very important.

It all comes down to diversity in my experience. Many years ago, there was a convention in Denmark that invited a prominent RPG writer to their convention every year. I actually have had a chance to talk to Steve Jackson, whom made GURPS. He is a big fan of Paranoia, by the way. And Mark Rein-Hagen as also a very interesting figure to talk to. What they all more or less had in common was astonishment, regarding the scenario's presented at the convention. They basically felt that all of it was at a level, where it could be published. The level was that good. And D&D / dicerolling rpgs was not something that was prevalent at all.

What it comes down to in my mind, always, is that FG is a great facilitator of both types of gaming. It is great for organizing your campaign. It is great for combat simulation. It is great for a lot of things. But to dismiss that some say: "You know what. More options in this aspect would be good", just because it doensn't fit the "normal" style of gaming, is not right. I have always advocated options, because people are different. And we game differently.

Now, what is the solution? In the case of this thread and a gentleman working on a ruleset for the community in his own time, I would say it is all up to the author. It is his time and he doesn't get paid, so I would support whatever he does. And so far it looks great.

As for official rulesets. Again, I would always advocate for more options. Maybe there is a way to have 2 different NPC sheets? One "normal" and a "detailed" one? Not that I think it really needs serious work before the Unity version comes out. That project should be the no 1 priority as far as I am concerned.

I guess that was 3 coppers worth of thoughts!

Vires Animi

Gigermann
February 27th, 2016, 16:26
The PC sheets take sooooo much longer to fill out.For the record, I don't mean to replace the NPC sheets, just to make using PC sheets to that purpose easier when it's warranted—but I don't think that's what Ronnke was saying

Dakadin
February 27th, 2016, 20:47
I agree with Viresanimi that I would prefer it doesn't have to be some specialized code or formatting to get the rolls to show up correctly. I would definitely prefer that they are drag and double clickable the way it was demonstrated on the PC sheets. I would just like to see if without some of the extra details that are important for PCs.

The main issue I would have using PC sheets instead of NPC sheets is the screen real estate they would take up not so much the idea of using them. As a GM, your screen can quickly fill up and the smaller the NPC sheets are the easier to have open with everything else that tends to be open.

Don't get me wrong, I am not discounting the use of PC sheets for NPCs. I can see some merit to it for the significant NPCs.

Based on the video, I am pretty sure I will be happy to run a GURPS game with the new version of the ruleset regardless of how the NPC sheets turn out. ;)

Gigermann
February 27th, 2016, 21:34
It's the same information for PCs and NPCs, just showing less for the latter—I wonder if it might be a good idea to be able to switch from full sheet to "block" view, and then use whichever mode you thought better for you at the time

Dakadin
February 27th, 2016, 21:37
Agreed. Some rulesets have/had a mini PC sheet which was a cut down version of the full sheet with just the basics. Something like that might work for both sides of this discussion. But I don't mind using the PC sheets if I need the extra information.

Andraax
February 28th, 2016, 15:53

Why is that such a big deal? You only have to do it once, then you're done and never have to do it again for that NPC (unless you accidentally clear the ownership of that NPC).

Trenloe
February 29th, 2016, 01:14
From a design standpoint it makes sense to go with what the RPG in question uses. If the RPG has a different format for NPCs and PC statblocks, then it makes sense to design the NPC character sheet in FG in a similar way to the RPG. This makes it easy to translate NPCs from published material into FG and makes it a lot easier for GMs new to the FG ruleset to translate RPG material into FG NPC statblocks. This is the approach done in the majority of the mainstream FG rulesets.

If there is the need for a more detailed NPC sheet in FG as well, then that can be setup as an option (e.g. a radio (basic/detailed), a checkbox, etc.) to switch to/from the more detailed NPC sheet. The key here is that the underlying data structure for the basic and detailed NPC record *must* be the same, otherwise there will be untold issues switching between the two types and when adding the different types to the combat tracker, etc..

The trade off being: use a PC record for the times when a detailed NPC is needed (less development time, but it's a workaround and a lot of novice GMs aren't aware of it), spend the time creating a basic/detailed NPC sheet option with the same underlying data structure, spend development time writing conversion routines between PC/NPC records, or just go with only the detailed NPC sheet to start off with. But, as mentioned above, the latter (detailed NPC record) as the only option doesn't make sense if the RPG itself doesn't go to this level for the majority of NPCs.

In the end, it's up to the developer to decide if the addition of a more detailed NPC sheet warrants their extra development time.

damned
February 29th, 2016, 01:16
Id like to also point out that another reason NPCs are kept so brief is that they are usually run off the Combat Tracker - now I know this doesnt apply to your central NPCs - but that attack string with all its quirks is the easiest way to transfer attacks from the NPC sheet to the CT in a way for the GM to use quickly. You bundle all the NPCs bonuses into the one string so its a single click attack. Often PC attacks are far more complicated than that - especially under the hood when you are programming them.

viresanimi
February 29th, 2016, 01:32
That is a totally valid argument and I would agree with it, if it wasn't such a pain in the nether regions to remember how to do it. It is not easier, however, if you have a hard time figuring out how to make said string for each game. Had the syntax been uniform (impossible I know), it might be easier. But it isn't.

Lets agree to disagree on the notion that strings are a good thing.

Vires Animi

damned
February 29th, 2016, 03:47
That is a totally valid argument and I would agree with it, if it wasn't such a pain in the nether regions to remember how to do it. It is not easier, however, if you have a hard time figuring out how to make said string for each game. Had the syntax been uniform (impossible I know), it might be easier. But it isn't.

Lets agree to disagree on the notion that strings are a good thing.

Yes there is definitely truth in that... would simplifying the string be a suitable answer? I dont know how complex the NPC attacks are in GURPS.
For example in the (almost completed BoL ruleset) an attack string looks like this:
Vicious Teeth [MA] (d6H);
Wicked Claws [MA] (d6H);
Where Vicious Teeth is a descriptor, [M=melee and R=Ranged - A=Agility and S=Strength] (damage)
So you click anywhere on Vicious Teeth [MA] to roll the attack and anywhere on (d6H) to roll damage.

ronnke
February 29th, 2016, 04:22
I've been following the responses from people. I think the best option is to have NPCs built on a full sheet (in terms of below the surface data structure) and then in the NPC selection list, you can choose to open an NPC as a full sheet or condensed sheet. This way everyone is happy and you can switch as needed. Maybe an NPC becomes significant enough to grow into a full sheet, then no problem, open as a full sheet and fill in the missing detail. Or the reverse, maybe you have an NPC built with a full sheet, but only need to use a few key details, then open it in the condensed version.

damned
February 29th, 2016, 05:23
All hail the ronnke!

viresanimi
February 29th, 2016, 10:27
That sounds like an awesome idea Ronnke.

Vires Animi

TalonKaine
February 29th, 2016, 15:16
Ronnke is the man!.... Getting it done! Keep it up dude!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 10th, 2016, 16:18
I saw the video demonstration, but the question that begs a while will be available for download the new version of GURPS

ronnke
March 12th, 2016, 03:55
Soon. Sorry I can't be more specific at the moment. Lets just say, I want to run a game during FGCon with the new ruleset.

Hector Trelane
March 12th, 2016, 20:12
I'm an old SJ Games fan (grew up with Melee and Wizard, which eventually became The Fantasy Trip). Long ago ran Gurps 3rd edition, still have many books in hard copy. Right now in FG I'm on FATE and Savage Worlds, but I have a game or two I'd love to run in GURPs down the line, perfect for FGDaze or FGCon

Valekk
March 19th, 2016, 15:41
Nice!
Keep up the great work Ronnke!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 19th, 2016, 22:27
The FGCon will be streamed? I like to watch the GURPS stream :D

seycyrus
April 3rd, 2016, 21:45
Is there any feedback on the playtesting so far? Any unforeseen difficulties?

phoagne
April 8th, 2016, 07:40
Why there is no ronnke's game in the event list of FG Con? Did Something happen?

Hector Trelane
April 8th, 2016, 12:39
Why there is no ronnke's game in the event list of FG Con? Did Something happen?

Not sure I ever saw ronnke post a GURPS game for FG Con8, but see here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28450-FG-Con-8-April-8-10-Online-Everywhere!/page11#103

and here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28450-FG-Con-8-April-8-10-Online-Everywhere!/page10#92

Cheezal72
April 15th, 2016, 03:45
Eager to see your developments on this project... I've played many systems,but Gurps was a big one with friends (mainly 3rd ed,but some of us are branching or converting our pc,s to 4th).
Also never played FG! I have seen your beta test and thought it looked good.

how large can the maps be? are they scaleable?,in order to encompass say mass battles etc? is there a token max per map?

And back to npc's ,would Allies ,Dependents or patrons be sheets made by the gm and applied to the pc character sheet? or a separate entity that would come and go as per its frequency of appearance.?

Awaiting feedback.

seycyrus
April 15th, 2016, 04:30
@Cheezal72

Welcome! Always good to see another GURPS player!

You can play Gurps using FG right now. There is a new ruleset in development, but the old one works very well. The restriction on maps is basically limited by the file sharing limits from DM to player. The recommendation is to keep them below 1MB. I've done maps that are 600m x 600m. At that scale, with the file size limitation, you lose resolution if you zoom in to the level of individual tokens. If you are talking about tokens that represent units, then you could of course represent larger distances.

I've never run across a token limitation. I think any limitation has more to do with limits in the combat tracker. I've run combats with 25+ PCs and NPCs. There are stories of people running more.

Regarding your last question, that seems to be more of an issue of playstyle, than anything else. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

You should spend some time getting acquainted with FG in general so that you can see how it is used with the various game systems.

Herodian
April 15th, 2016, 06:25
And back to npc's ,would Allies ,Dependents or patrons be sheets made by the gm and applied to the pc character sheet? or a separate entity that would come and go as per its frequency of appearance.?
This is subjective and could be handled whatever way the GM or the group desires. In one game I ran, a particular character's animal companion ally was given a full character sheet and appeared on the PC roster. In another game a character was the captain of a pirate crew, and her dozens of crew members were represented by simple NPC sheets.

TL;DR: You handle it the way you want, the system is flexible.

phoagne
April 18th, 2016, 16:07
Soon. Sorry I can't be more specific at the moment. Lets just say, I want to run a game during FGCon with the new ruleset.

Soooo... Any news? FGCon was a week ago.
I am just really excited about this ruleset, I can't wait.

demonsbane
April 19th, 2016, 20:34
(. . .) I am just really excited about this ruleset, I can't wait.

You're not alone. This work looks so promising!

TalonKaine
May 8th, 2016, 19:25
Still no word on Ronnke's sudden disappearance eh? Anywho heard from him?

Herodian
May 9th, 2016, 14:29
Still no word on Ronnke's sudden disappearance eh? Anywho heard from him?

Ronnke is still around. Be patient! :)

phoagne
May 30th, 2016, 03:47
Still no news? I am starting kinda worry.

demonsbane
June 6th, 2016, 13:47
How is going guys?

seycyrus
June 8th, 2016, 03:13
Well, I think a lot of the users of this sub-forum are wondering what is going on with the latest ruleset. It seems that we are divided into those that are "in the know" (maybe playtesters?) who are keeping quiet, and those who are ignorant.

Drath3n
June 10th, 2016, 03:44
The suspense is killing me :(

damned
June 10th, 2016, 04:53
Guys - until you have written a ruleset you cannot guess as to how time consuming it is. And it is not a primary occupation and probably ranks somewhere down around 10 on his list of lifes priorities. Im sure he wants to get it done just as much as you do but it will be ready when its ready... Im sure he is encouraged by all your interest though and he will post an update when he is ready to... :)

phoagne
June 10th, 2016, 05:20
Guys - until you have written a ruleset you cannot guess as to how time consuming it is. And it is not a primary occupation and probably ranks somewhere down around 10 on his list of lifes priorities. Im sure he wants to get it done just as much as you do but it will be ready when its ready... Im sure he is encouraged by all your interest though and he will post an update when he is ready to... :)

I understand that, just wanting some updates and news. Even if it is "Sorry, guys, I was too busy, didn't do anything"

arcadianphoenix
June 14th, 2016, 22:24
Really excited to see this. Can't wait for the release!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 18th, 2016, 03:28
I wonder if it will be possible to import the characters and NPCs of Gurps Character Assistance.

Honken
June 18th, 2016, 08:06
From what i understand, Saithan is working on the GCA filters for the ruleset.

/H

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 18th, 2016, 14:12
Thanks Hoken, any news about the new version of the ruleset?

demonsbane
June 27th, 2016, 16:39
I understand that, just wanting some updates and news. Even if it is "Sorry, guys, I was too busy, didn't do anything"

Yeah, I think that's exactly the point.

Valekk
June 29th, 2016, 01:05
Pretty much. I think most of us understand that its something he does when he can, so even if it takes him many, many more months. Just an up cause possibly people like my self are worried that its totally on the back burner or given up on.

Gigermann
June 29th, 2016, 05:16
…people like my self are worried that its totally on the back burner or given up on.No need to worry. Every week we (in the regular group with the guy doing the updating) play with the current ruleset, we're reminded why we need it. It'll happen.

Valekk
June 29th, 2016, 05:21
Good to hear Gigermann! Thanks for the update.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 30th, 2016, 03:24
Thanks for the update Gigerman :D

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 10th, 2016, 22:44
I wonder how is the progress of the development of the "New" Ruleset and if it would be possible to have access to it in some way?

TalonKaine
July 12th, 2016, 00:56
Yeah... my computer just died... lost my FG content. Would love to have the new ruleset to get the stuff typed back into it... rather than taking the many countless hours to type it all back into the old ruleset if the new one will be out anytime soon.

TalonKaine
August 5th, 2016, 15:59
Hey all, It's been 6 months since we last heard from Ronnke... has anyone heard from him?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 5th, 2016, 16:41
Unfortunately we have no news of him and not how is the development of Ruleset .... here in Brazil we say that it is in Hiatus (That silence stunner plaguing the creators of something).

sjard
August 5th, 2016, 18:18
Depends on what you mean by heard from him. I have heard nothing about the rules set or anything about FG, but he made a post on another forum within the last couple of days so he's still alive if that counts.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 5th, 2016, 20:19
sjard what was'd like to hear from as is the development of Ruleset GURPS and when we can download it and use - it.

Drath3n
September 2nd, 2016, 01:45
/em Looks in to Dulux-oz's Extension Boutique and presses his hands and face against the glass wistfully looking at all the cool things they do and then whispers to himself
"soon,...I hope" :D

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 3rd, 2016, 17:44
I wonder how is the development of Ruleset GURPS, the new compatible with the new version of Fantasy Grounds, made in Core RPG.
Someone could give a sign of how is development?

Valekk
September 9th, 2016, 17:58
Hate to bug Ronnke or anyone but can we get any up date at all on this ruleset? Honestly even a "I know longer have time for it" would be an update. It was a free time thing, not a job so delays or anything is cool. Its been over half a year since we have heard from Ronnke.

damned
September 10th, 2016, 00:41
As I posted on another thread ruleset development can easily take 100-400 hours.
ronnke will post when he is ready to post. Im sure he is encouraged by all of your posts but they do also put pressure on the dev.
People who have play with ronnke have posted that it is still ongoing.
It will come when it is ready and ronnke will post when he is ready.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 11th, 2016, 23:17
I understand that will come out when will, when getting ready and far want to push, this was never my intention, I ask out of curiosity and even course by anxiety.
I apologize for my behavior.
But already agadeço attention to all place in each course, every curiosity on this topic and others.

damned
September 12th, 2016, 00:38
I apologise yako2020 if my reply was rude! It wasnt meant as such.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 12th, 2016, 15:40
All right, Damned I know I was boring also direct asking about the ruleset .... but as I always say ... I love RPG, but especially GURPS ...
And like I said, you all are amazing with tips, answering all questions, solicitous and helping the members of the forum, developing a number of things, showing their passion and dedication, not only to Fantasy Grounds, but mainly to the RPG.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 20th, 2016, 14:14
I know that it's boring and tiring to keep wondering about the ruleset, but as absolute silence has been done, I'm just curious to know how the ruleset is made and if I can still dream of using a "new" Ruleset compliant with CoreRPG.

ronnke
November 20th, 2016, 14:58
It's been a while and real life unfortunately has kept me away. I haven't even been on the forums, and looks like I have some reading to do. Anyway, the ruleset...It stalled for a very long while, but the gears are again turning as my work projects are virtually wrapped up for the year. This means I have time (and the energy) to commit to the ruleset and I don't foresee any problems having it out by early to mid December. TBH, I really need to have it out by December as come the end of January my workload will pick up again and I know the project would stall again. It's been too long already, so December is my self imposed deadline.

Anyway, that's enough for 1am in the morning. I'll read the previous posts later and post replies to those if needed.

Cheers. o7

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 20th, 2016, 16:36
Thanks for replying Ronnke, I'm not a deep connoisseur of programming I just venture, but I know a little of GURPS if I can help I'm at disposal.

Andraax
November 20th, 2016, 16:39
It's been too long already, so December is my self imposed deadline.

Greetings; I'm quite familiar with GURPS rules and with development on FG. I also am taking most of December off work, so I can help you with your project.

ronnke
November 20th, 2016, 21:00
Thanks for the offers of help, it's much appreciated. If things look like they will stall again, then I will tap into some of those offers, but at this point we're comfortably tracking towards the Dec release.

GunbunnyFuFu
November 20th, 2016, 22:36
Looking forward to this! Will give me the opportunity to start work on my GURPS Technothriller game in FG!

Valekk
November 21st, 2016, 00:43
You are a god among men Ronnke!

ronnke
November 21st, 2016, 01:28
You are a god among men Ronnke!

Not really, just fan who likes to play GURPS online. But thanks nonetheless. :)

TalonKaine
November 21st, 2016, 02:22
Can't wait! I will be relaunching my GURPS campaign whenever this update goes live. Ronnke glad to see you are still alive and super stoked you are back to work on the ruleset! Thanks for all your hard work.

Litvyak
November 21st, 2016, 04:33
Awesome news!

Honken
November 21st, 2016, 06:51
It is nice to hear that GURPS finnaly gets it's CoreRPG update. I am stoked! More GURPS to the people!

/H

JC the Roleslayer
December 3rd, 2016, 21:23
OOh i can't wait id love to be able to play gurps on FG

seycyrus
December 4th, 2016, 02:55
OOh i can't wait id love to be able to play gurps on FG

There is a GURPS ruleset currently available. Ronke is working on an update.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 4th, 2016, 11:51
Seycyrus but this version is CoreRPG or is the other version?

seycyrus
December 4th, 2016, 14:32
@Yako220 Sorry for the confusion. I think we are still waiting for the CoreRPG version.

I was just letting him know that its possible to play GURPS on FG right now.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 4th, 2016, 14:52
I know the version created by Saithan and it´s a great version, but the "new" version is most compatible with the FG :D

ronnke
December 6th, 2016, 12:08
The version I'm working on is Core.

TalonKaine
December 6th, 2016, 15:59
And we love you for it Ronnke!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 21st, 2016, 11:39
I'm not rushing the ruleset production or anything, just curious how it will be downloaded, it will be available on the FG Wiki or will a link be posted?

JC the Roleslayer
December 23rd, 2016, 14:49
Yea id like to get it as well

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 28th, 2016, 13:00
December is almost coming to an end, soon we will have or better be presented with a new year, I hope it is full of good things, but the question that does not want to shut up is:
Will we be presented with GURPS in 2016 or will we have to wait for 2017?

Valekk
December 28th, 2016, 16:01
Cmas is a busy time for year my friend. Ronnke will let us know some time early January if he managed to get it done before his schedule gets more hectic again.

Merry cmas / happy holidays all

ronnke
December 31st, 2016, 11:07
Hi all!
Hope your xmas was a good one. I wanted to get an update to you all before the end of 2016. I haven't had as much free time as hoped. I was unexpectedly caught up in the xmas spirit (family :P ).

The good news. The ruleset will be available in days as opposed to weeks. :)

Have a happy and safe New Year!

GunbunnyFuFu
December 31st, 2016, 11:27
Great news, ronnke! Have a great new year as well!

GB

TalonKaine
December 31st, 2016, 13:03
Ronnke you are the man cool guy! As soon as this update goes live I'm rebooting my GURPS fantasy campaign! Woot!

seycyrus
December 31st, 2016, 13:50
Ronke, I appreciate all of your hard work!

Valekk
December 31st, 2016, 15:27
Thanks for the update!!

dmkevin
December 31st, 2016, 16:01
Ronnke,

Thanks for all your work on this. When it's done it's done. Enjoy your holidays.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 5th, 2017, 12:59
I just wanted to be able to read this message from Ronnke:
I had a wonderful Christmas full of love and food when I was almost recovering from the comilities, I am surprised by the New Year and with it I renew my hopes in a better world for all ... of course this is my wish for all and it is only one Way to quote Ronnke.

demonsbane
January 7th, 2017, 16:41
A very much appreciated update. It's very kind of you, ronnke.

ronnke
January 9th, 2017, 02:49
Good news everyone...

Tomorrow! :D

Keppler
January 9th, 2017, 03:21
Excellent! Thank you, I've been looking forward to this!

damned
January 9th, 2017, 08:37
Good news everyone...

Tomorrow! :D

Tomorrow maybe renamed as Ronnkeday.

seycyrus
January 9th, 2017, 16:50
Awesome news!

GunbunnyFuFu
January 10th, 2017, 09:53
Did the update get posted?

seycyrus
January 10th, 2017, 11:36
I'm sure he will let us know, in this forum.

Valekk
January 10th, 2017, 12:01
I agree damned.
Happy Ronnkeday!

Drath3n
January 10th, 2017, 12:45
I want Ronnie to reveal the update like....
https://media4.giphy.com/media/oNzS84G0BwJXO/giphy.gif

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 10th, 2017, 15:01
Ronnkeday is today?
The Great News is today?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 10th, 2017, 21:15
Nothing yet?
The Ronnke a day was today? January, 10
We would not have news?

Sorry, but I'm 100% anxious.

damned
January 11th, 2017, 00:38
Nothing yet?
The Ronnke a day was today? January, 10
We would not have news?

Sorry, but I'm 100% anxious.

Its still coming. He did say tomorrow and that gives him as much leeway as he needs :)

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 00:43
Apologies for the delay. I had to fix some importing issues.

Here it is: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36043-GURPS-4E-Core-Ruleset&p=313366#post313366

Drath3n
January 11th, 2017, 12:51
Hurray!! It's a ronkeday miracle!! :D

Valekk
January 11th, 2017, 21:49
Had a bit of time to look it over. Its amazing! Looking at the NPC sheet now, you did an amazing job Ronnke!

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 22:17
Had a bit of time to look it over. Its amazing! Looking at the NPC sheet now, you did an amazing job Ronnke!

Thanks! I'm still not 100% on the layout of the NPC sheet, but it's functional for now.

Valekk
January 12th, 2017, 03:09
Thanks! I'm still not 100% on the layout of the NPC sheet, but it's functional for now.

Question about future updates / bug fixes. Will it mean having to re-download the entire ruleset again (and re-enter any data), or will it be more like an update?

ronnke
January 12th, 2017, 03:26
Question about future updates / bug fixes. Will it mean having to re-download the entire ruleset again (and re-enter any data), or will it be more like an update?

You will have to download the ruleset again, but you won't need to re enter any data or anything like that. Simply replace the GURPS.pak file and that's it.

Valekk
January 12th, 2017, 04:05
You will have to download the ruleset again, but you won't need to re enter any data or anything like that. Simply replace the GURPS.pak file and that's it.

Good to hear.

How do want us to report any bugs?

ronnke
January 12th, 2017, 04:19
How do want us to report any bugs?

Not at all preferably. :P

But if you find a bug, then do it in the ruleset thread.

Valekk
January 12th, 2017, 04:42
Kk sounds good. I had some time tonight to really look through it. It's so much better then the older gurps ruleset. I (and I'm sure everyone here) can't thank you enough