PDA

View Full Version : [FGDaze] Lost Mines of Phandelver NPW (New Player Welcome)

Morgentaler
June 23rd, 2015, 07:40
It is with great pleasure to this community that I will be hosting a demo of Lost Mines Of Phandelver.

NPW (New Players are Welcome)
Here is a synopsis of the adventure that will take place: You’ve been in Neverwinter for some time now, finding odd jobs here and there, awaiting any call to adventure. You sit in the Driftwood Tavern after another hard days work, lost in your thoughts and ale. Suddenly you start to pick up on a hushed conversation at a table directly behind you. You turn to regard a trio of dwarves, all dressed in prospecting attire, large dwarven ales of their own in hand. Your ears perk up even more, as a deep voice seems to be recounting a tale of ages past…

Five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as Phandelver’s Pact, by which they would share in a rich mine, in a wondrous hidden cavern. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge, where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin (pronounced fan-du h-lin) prospered as well. Then disaster struck! Orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path. To make matters worse They were reinforced by evil mercenary wizards, lust for power and riches in their eyes.

In a ferocious battle, they attacked. Goodly Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the prized cavern. After it was all said and done, the ensuing battle destroyed much of the cavern, and few survived the cave-ins and tremors. The location of the cavern was lost through the ages.

Suddenly, you here the screech of a chair, waking you from this most intriguing tale. You turn to regard one of the dwarves standing up, as he pulls a map from it’s leather sheath. Their tones grow hushed as the other two stand and surround the small round table. You see one of them pointing to and fro on the map. It doesn’t escape you that you’re not the only curious one that have taken note. You eye several others, of different races, dressed to the hilt in adventuring gear and weapons also trying to listen in, looking on intently.

This doesn’t go beyond the dwarf either, always vigilant. He quickly snatches the map and puts it back in it’s case and curses himself for not being more discreet. Knowing he has to “change the subject” quickly, he stands on a table. After a moment he yells out to the room in a gruff voice. “I’m paying 10GP to whoever wants to help bring a caravan to Phandalin!” You’re more interested in the ancient story and the possible treasures to be had, but this caravan may be your way in. You see other adventures quickly standing and going to the dwarf, now holding a parchment signup-sheet. Here’s your chance…

The above is stolen from DM JH79 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?15775-jh79)

Game time: 1:00PM Eastern

Here is the Calendar entry Click Me If you want to play!!! (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1483)

Tell yer mom, Tell yer Dad, it's gonna be super RAD!

timperkins
June 23rd, 2015, 23:51
Are there any character or class restrictions? And What are you using for communication? text, voice chat, video?

Morgentaler
June 24th, 2015, 01:04
Will be using the pre gen characters..and have the players "roll" for who gets to pick first and so on. Will be using Teamspeak to Roleplay and OOC as needed.

bOqs
June 24th, 2015, 03:17
I signed up just now. Looking forward to playing with you all. :)

Morgentaler
June 27th, 2015, 06:50
Currently Full

Waiting List incase some don't show.

Caesar
Etropic +1
ShagEllis

damned
June 27th, 2015, 07:47
Hey Morgentaler - its best to not change the event to Not Accepting Players as it removes it from the calendar for everyone else. Just add a line in the description - Game Full - Thanks! :)

Morgentaler
June 27th, 2015, 07:51
You learn something new every day with Fantasy Grounds. So if I understand this right for my other games..the players I have accepted won't see the calendar page? I'm confused.

Hey Morgentaler - its best to not change the event to Not Accepting Players as it removes it from the calendar for everyone else. Just add a line in the description - Game Full - Thanks! :)

damned
June 27th, 2015, 08:05
The players you have accepted WILL see the game but no one else will (including your stand-bys).
If you leave it up so that others can see all the good games you guys n girls are all running it would be great :)

Morgentaler
June 27th, 2015, 18:40
Hey somepeople chose not to show up Bumping this