PDA

View Full Version : [FGDAZE] PFS Thornkeep #1: The Accursed Halls - New Players Welcome...

HoloGnome
June 22nd, 2015, 23:17
Hi All - As part of the FGDAZE Mini-CON, I am going to run the evergreen scenario Thornkeep: The Accursed Halls. This adventure is lots of fun, will give your Pathfinder Society character an entire level (3XP/4PP) and I hope you will join.

Summary: Beneath Brokenhelm Hill and the weathered walls of Thornkeep lies an ancient maze of magic and madness. Once the workrooms and summoning chamber of a rebel Azlanti lord, these subterranean chambers were forgotten thousands of years ago after the eradication of the evil lord and his followers. Over the centuries, adventurers have found their way into these twisting passages and magnificent chambers, only to discover that the fading magic of the ancient Azlanti still lingers here.

Calendar Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1453)

Event #: TBD
Event Name: TBD
Event Time: 4:00AM Pacific / 11:00AM GMT
Provisional Time: 27 JUNE
Award: 3XP/4PP (module)
Estimated Game Time: 6 hrs.
Character Level: 1-2 (New players and PREGEN/1 characters are welcome, and I recommend at least some 2nd level characters in the party)
Mode: NORMAL (not CORE)

I will take players on a first-come, first-served basis per approving the Saturday game time on the calendar and posting in this thread (regardless of any non-voting sign-ups currently on the calendar). I will be running this adventure multiple times and if you sign up but don't get in this run for FGDAZE, don't worry. I will run it again in the future.

See you on Saturday! :)

NOTE: For new players who are going to play in my game, I will try to run a short training session on Thursday. I will update the time for this session on Wednesday and create a calendar event. I have an Ultimate license, so there should be no trouble logging in with an unlicensed client for the training.

glacius
June 23rd, 2015, 00:05
Put me down for a spot please

HoloGnome
June 23rd, 2015, 00:33
glacius - OK - please vote/confirm the time on the calendar. ;) It will be at 7AM your time.

glacius
June 23rd, 2015, 01:28
Done. How many hours would this session last?

HoloGnome
June 23rd, 2015, 01:30
Should be 5-6 hours. The first run with new players, character changes and a start delay was 6 hours.

Alq Veers
June 23rd, 2015, 04:49
Put in for Alaras, lvl 2 Elven Ranger.

:)

AxitMaster
June 23rd, 2015, 12:46
Hi HG - Put me in for this too :D

HoloGnome
June 23rd, 2015, 15:01
OK - we're up to 4 now, including xazil/Graidon.

kwarner1986
June 23rd, 2015, 19:54
I'm in. I'll let you know which character soon.

HoloGnome
June 23rd, 2015, 20:21
OK - sounds good kw. A 2nd-level would be a good choice, because I know there will be at least 2-3 new first levels coming along.

Now at 5, 1 space left!

HoloGnome
June 24th, 2015, 15:01
This table is now full. The 6th player does not have a forum account.

There is room for 1 alternate (just in case). This game is going to start at 5 minutes after the hour. So, if someone is still missing at that point, then the alternate will get the spot.

If you're interested in being an alternate, just sign up and post here. Thx!

HoloGnome
June 25th, 2015, 21:01
xazil had a conflict, so AznVille - you are now on the roster. Still looking for 1 alternate and that person might play because there might be one more drop because of a conflict. So, if you're interested, please sign up! There could be 1 additional spot left (or alternate).

Also, please make sure you do all of the following:
1. Vote on the time on the calendar.
2. Indicate your character/level on the calendar (or PREGEN)
3. Post or send me your character info.
4. Post in this thread to confirm.

I need your characters by tomorrow. Thx!

kwarner1986
June 26th, 2015, 04:03
Hey, I emailed you Archer, but here she is just in case.

HoloGnome
June 26th, 2015, 04:28
OK - thanks - guess I have it either way! :D

CuMorrighan
June 26th, 2015, 04:45
I am in.10337 but do not have a character and am not currently a member of PFS. Will this be a problem? nevermind I am a member now.

PFS ID# 183305

CuMorrighan
June 26th, 2015, 05:08
I would like to play a Half-Orc Rogue. Do you want to do a char creation or do you want me to do it myself before Saturday? Or if KWarner doesn't mind letting me use a Character from his game and would send you the .xml and Portrait for my Paladin Hilda... I could play her.

HoloGnome
June 26th, 2015, 08:34
Hi CuMorrighan - well...there are a number of interesting pregenerated characters. There is a rogue pregen, Merisiel, and there is also a Half-Orc warpriest, Oloch. Both are good. However, Merisiel is not an unchained rogue (a newer sourcebook with some upgrades), which would otherwise give her some advantages.

You could try the following:
1. Use a pregen (very easy for you...and me) and see how you like the class
2. Start with Merisiel as a template and convert her to a half-orc - load up the pregen xml file in FG and do some tweaking, bearing in mind that you would have to refactor all of her stats from elf to half-orc.
3. Make a character complete from scratch, maybe using Merisiel as a guide open in another window to see what a PFS rogue should have.

Look over the class/archetype, etc. options at https://archivesofnethys.com. Also, download the 1st-level pregens from the pregen thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16900-Files-Pregen-Player-Characters-%28FG-format%29&p=212777&viewfull=1#post212777). You can load them into FG and see how they look and/or use them as templates, as above. You can download the pregen pdfs from paizo.com here: https://paizo.com/products/btpy9a64

Unfortunately, I have a very busy schedule tomorrow and will also be prepping, playing and GMing. If you want to play a pregen on Saturday, I can help you with your character creation sometime after the game. Unfortunately, you can't run another player's character. It has to be your own or a pregen. That being said, if you want to copy the stats for an existing character as a starting point, that could be another way to make a quick start on your own character if you're new to PFS.

HoloGnome
June 26th, 2015, 09:41
Also, if you do not have a copy of the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play, you can download it at paizo.com: https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4

AxitMaster
June 26th, 2015, 12:29
Hi

Sorry for taking so long in character selection. Will be using the pregen cleric.

glacius
June 26th, 2015, 12:51
Vil Human Witch 14388-8
The Exchange
Brand New character
FG Char file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2l15vske498ycw/Vil.hlfg?dl=0
XML also

HoloGnome
June 26th, 2015, 14:53
OK - so it looks like we just need character files for AznVille and CuMorrighan. CuMorrighan - did you decide to create a Half-Orc or do you want to go with Merisiel and then create your character afterwards?

kwarner: Human Fighter/Archer/2 - "Archer" (submitted)
Alq Veers: Elven Ranger/2 - "Alaras Enasal" (submitted previously)
glacius: Human Witch/1- "Vil"
AxitMaster: Human Cleric/1 - "Kyra"
CuMorrighan: Half-Orc Rogue/1 - "G'resh" (...or Merisiel/template) - let me know/upload
AznVille: Human Magus/1 - "Vance" - please upload

CuMorrighan
June 26th, 2015, 15:22
I will work on it today and get it to you / with using the pregen rogue if I run into problems.

HoloGnome
June 26th, 2015, 15:28
I will work on it today and get it to you / with using the pregen rogue if I run into problems.

OK - sounds good. There is also a guide (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/rogue-eidolon-s-lab/rogue-eidolon-s-guide-to-rogues) that may give you a basic idea about different types of rogue builds in the 20-point build range.

HoloGnome
June 27th, 2015, 00:45
Hi All-

I'm headed out for the evening. I will check things when I get back tonight. Please have your characters posted so that I can load them into FG for the AM. Thanks! See you tomorrow bright and early (my time, at least). ;)

CuMorrighan
June 27th, 2015, 01:33
This should work 1035210353

AznVille
June 27th, 2015, 02:18
I'm sorry for the late reply. Have been doing a lot of figuring out what I'm doing with all of this. Any feedback is welcomed as I'm sure I've messed up a thing or two on my character sheet or on the PFS side of the house.

PFS ID
179640-1

Faction
Grand Lodge

glacius
June 27th, 2015, 03:12
Modified my character

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2l15vske498ycw/Vil.hlfg?dl=0

XML attached

HoloGnome
June 27th, 2015, 07:36
No worries. We'll sort it out. I just got home. I should have things loaded up tonight. Thanks guys! See you in about 4.5 hrs.!

HoloGnome
June 27th, 2015, 19:21
Hi Guys - Great game today! That was a lot of fun and nice that we could integrate the new players to FG & PFS! I will post times on the calendar for tomorrow as we agreed to wrap up! :)

The times are posted. I expect <2 hrs. to finish up, especially now that everyone has had some FG training and is sync'd up with their characters.

Alq Veers
June 28th, 2015, 01:28
The 2nd latest time on the list gives me about an hour max before I jet to work. (tehe, jet. I work at an airport now. With jets). So looking forward to getting some more in but I likely can't stay for the rest, but will play by ear.

HoloGnome
June 28th, 2015, 02:13
OK...well...it would be great to find a time so we can wrap up tomorrow. I will post some early times...so if the East Coasters can get up a little early, then maybe we can catch your Sunday night. I'm willing to get up again at 3AM or 4AM my time so that we can finish, if necessary.

HoloGnome
June 28th, 2015, 07:04
It looks like the final session will be 3PM Pacific on Sunday - everyone can make that time. glacius should be voting any second now. See you tomorrow!

glacius
June 28th, 2015, 15:22
Super pumped to game with you guys I will probably jump in around 6:10pm or maybe right at 6

HoloGnome
June 28th, 2015, 21:25
Sounds good. I know Alq Veers has limited time, so I would like to start on time, if possible...but tricky to coordinate across all these time zones!

damned
June 29th, 2015, 00:28
well done HoloGnome!

HoloGnome
June 29th, 2015, 04:19
Thanks, damned! Congrats to all the players on full success in a challenging scenario for Level 1-2! That game was lots of fun! :)

CuMorrighan
June 29th, 2015, 04:36
Sorry I had to leave in the last few minutes. but I had a blast playing in your game HoloGnome. Thank you for making my first PFS game really fun. I will be doing these more often.

AznVille
June 29th, 2015, 04:50
I had a great time myself. I'm definitely looking for some more and would even really enjoy continuing with this party if anyone else is up for it. I won't be on next week but figured I'd express the desire all the same. Good session everyone, and thanks for running it HoloGnome.

Alq Veers
June 29th, 2015, 07:28
Really enjoyed this one, thanks guys and Holo as GM.

Sorry I had to bail but it all went very well. :)

HoloGnome
June 29th, 2015, 08:13
You're all welcome! :) Don't worry Alq - you didn't miss much - the final battle you were in was basically over, then it was just a puzzle and the ending. ;) Hope everything went well for you today!

HoloGnome
June 29th, 2015, 22:08
I will set up some times for the next level of thornkeep - The Forgotten Laboratory. Not exactly sure of my schedule, but I will post something. Also, I will invite you to the game for now until I figure out the time. The party looks like it needs a Cleric/Divine Type and I guess I would count on 2 sessions for this group, but it might be possible in one (the first run I did was 1 session).

AxitMaster - only the 1st level is Evergreen and you have already played the 2nd level on the initial run, so you won't be in on this one. But, I will also be starting the 3rd one soon or doing Snows of Summer.

NOTE:

FGDAZE is now over. For the continuation, please post follow-ups here:

Thornkeep 2: The Forgotten Laboratory (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24973-PFS-Thornkeep-1-The-Forgotten-Laboratory-%28NORMAL-Levels-2-4-3XP-4PP%29)