PDA

View Full Version : Portforwarding my Wireless Laptop

Triptico
June 22nd, 2015, 21:46
Hey everyone,

I came to know Fantasy Grounds now that I was looking for a VTT, and found it amazing, with all the excellent comunity rulesets.

Having tried the Demo version on my tower PC (connected to the router), and being able to portfoward it, I was not able to do the same to my wireless laptop.
Noticing that today was the last day for the sale, I decided to buy it all the same (Ultimate Version), althought I intended and intend to run it on the Laptop.

Been lurking around the House of Healing trying to get it done, but still without success.

Could anyone give me some help?

All the best,
T.

JohnD
June 22nd, 2015, 22:05
I'm also not able to get a "success" on my laptop, which hasn't been a huge issue, but it would be nice to know how to do it even if just for knowledge sake.

Andraax
June 22nd, 2015, 22:31
Hmm, I had no problems. I just port-forwarded to the internal IP address of my laptop and it worked fine. Worked with wireless, via a bridge, or direct wired.

You *are* turning off the port forward for the other computer first, right? You can only forward a port to one computer at a time...

Triptico
June 22nd, 2015, 22:36
Yes, I am. I had already read somewhere here in the forum that you can only have one computer portforward.

It also doesn't work direct wired... (With diferent IP addresses for the wireless and direct wired).

Andraax
June 22nd, 2015, 22:53
Then it's something on your laptop that is blocking it. You might have some software (designed to protect you when you're out and about with your laptop at the local cafe or whatever) blocking all inbound traffic. There are suggestions around here on what software to turn off to check what's causing it...

Triptico
June 22nd, 2015, 23:07
Thanks a lot Andraax!

That last post got me thinking, and it was a missing link to location of FantasyGrounds.exe on the Firewall.

Off to have fun!

Cheers!

Nylanfs
June 22nd, 2015, 23:10
Huzzah! Also welcome to the community. :)

Triptico
June 23rd, 2015, 00:24
Thanks!!!

OneSidedDie
June 23rd, 2015, 13:52
[Edit]Doh! You already solved it. Welcome aboard!