PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Wizard needed for Castles & Crusades campaign

taoistpunk
June 22nd, 2015, 19:11
When: Sun Evenings, 7pm-10pm EST

Long-running group of ( mostly over 40) guys who are long time, Old School gamers who have just started a new campaign (Characters at levels -1-3). The game is strong on Role-play and Story, with a healthy dose of combat. We care more about the plot and having a good RP experience than bonuses, +'s, hard-rules...etc.

We're looking for a similarly-minded player who is both a long time player of RPG's and who is somewhat familiar with FG mechanics to pick up the Magic Mantle. We've had a tough time recruiting...players start off enthusiastic but then their availability shrivels and I find myself NPC'ing their Mage (or another NPC mage).

We are not perfect, and we don't make it to every game. We all know that real life and family and work can interfere. What we are looking for is a relatively solid commitment to be present for most of the games so that the group is a cohesive team and that the story can be shared and enjoyed by all.

If you have questions, or want to know more, please PM me.

Thanks

Taoistpunk
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1407

JohnD
June 22nd, 2015, 22:01
404 on your link.

taoistpunk
June 22nd, 2015, 22:18
Thanks John...I posted to that board in a hurry this morning. Wasn't getting any hits in the C&C forum

fixed

Dr_Babylon
June 23rd, 2015, 04:51
I understand that Castles & Crusades has sort of an old school AD&D feel which makes me pleasantly nostalgic. Out of curiosity, do you folks use voice- or text-based communication?

damned
June 23rd, 2015, 06:21
C&C is most certainly very old school in a warm wonderful way!

taoistpunk
June 24th, 2015, 15:04
We use voice based. It's been skype but we are about to switch over to Teamspeak (using the FG servers, which have been great). The group is comprised of guys in their 40's who all played Basic/Expert/Advanced DnD back in the day, and other Old School games...so the game is run alot like that. Definitely need to fill the Wizard (Mage-class) slot...PM me if you need more specific info.

I understand that Castles & Crusades has sort of an old school AD&D feel which makes me pleasantly nostalgic. Out of curiosity, do you folks use voice- or text-based communication?