PDA

View Full Version : License question - ultimate subscription vs standard for local play...

TheoGeek
June 22nd, 2015, 17:12
I have really enjoyed FG so far (only been using it for a few days), but already, it has saved a ton of time as we go adventuring. I got the Ultimate subscription license to try it out for a month, and bought the 5E PHB and MM. It has been pretty sweet, and has done everything I wanted it to.

I can easily see us playing much more because FG has made it easier, and in that regard, buying a license outright is my next step.

My question for you gurus is this: since we play locally (i.e. probably only 1 other PC would ever connect to my campaign server - the family could share the laptop, and I could run the campaign from another), would a standard license suffice?

I saw that the standard license allows 1 demo license to connect, and that's fine for me, but are there other things I would be missing (like sharing library resources, etc?) - I've read the "compare licenses" page, and it looks like I'd be OK with a standard license, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
Jeff.

Trenloe
June 22nd, 2015, 17:27
You should be OK with a full licence - as long as you will only ever be connecting a single player which will force your campaign into demo mode and won't accept any more player connections. In a full licence demo mode you can do everything you can normally do - data will be saved. If you ever want to have more than one player computer connected then you will need to buy full licences for all of the player connections or get an ultimate licence.

TheoGeek
June 22nd, 2015, 22:05
Cool! That's what I hoped! But the current sale on Ultimate licenses is pretty good... ;)