PDA

View Full Version : Come and get a customization.

spliskamatyshak
December 18th, 2004, 03:44
I updated the main character and skills sheets to fit the way I run my games. They are very general changes with lots of added value. 8)

I added a fourth class (removed the xp needed for next level to make room). I added the skills from the psionics rules (Autohypnosis, Psicraft and Use Psionic Device). I added an extra Perform line. I removed Read Lips since it went away in 3.5. I also changed the Knowledge skills to be like Craft, Perform and Profession (left six spots) each having its own state (x-class, class, half-rank). I also increased the lookup for ability bonuses to cover scores up to 50.

I'd like to share the charsheet.xml, charsheet_main.png and charsheet_skills.png.

msd
December 18th, 2004, 13:46
I'd like to share the charsheet.xml (https://www.msnusers.com/TheWraithsHome/Documents/charsheet.xml), charsheet_main.png (https://www.msnusers.com/TheWraithsHome/Documents/charsheet_main.png) and charsheet_skills.png (https://www.msnusers.com/TheWraithsHome/Documents/charsheet_skills.png).

403 when I try to hit the page - You are not authorized to view this page

spliskamatyshak
December 18th, 2004, 16:57
Sorry about that. Silly MSN makes you be a member of the group to download files from it. :roll:

If you join my MSN Group https://groups.msn.com/TheWraithsHome you can download them from the Documents area.

Otherwise I can send them to you Hotmail account.

Elric
December 23rd, 2004, 14:38
Can I PLEASE get a copy of this emailed to me? :D

I don't want to have to fight with MS to get a new passport, yodda, yodda, yodda. :D

elric @ otalisman.com

Thanks! :D

farless4
December 24th, 2004, 20:07
Send me a copy of the character sheets and I'll host it on my webspace. No silly memberships required to download.

[email protected]

RazorCut
December 24th, 2004, 20:14
I'm interested as well: [email protected]

Thanks a bunch!

-R

Bagpuss2
December 24th, 2004, 20:56
Can you explain how to use these, as I may have either discovered a bug or just be doing it wrong.

I've tried....

a) Creating a copy of the d20 folder (in rulesets) and calling it House, then replacing the charsheet.xml, charsheet_main.png and charsheet_skills.png. Then going to create a character picked the House ruleset that appeared, but when I went to create the character the graphics were the standard ones.

b) I've tried replacing the files in the original d20 folder in rulesets and that just caused the program to crash when ever I tried to enter the character editor section. But this could have been because I created a copy and renamed it and I had an existing characters folder. Anyway it required a uninstall then reinstall to solve it.

So I don't understand how this is ment to work. The character sheet graphics seem build into the program and it doesn't seem to make any difference if I replace the ones in the folders or not. It certainly doesn't seem as straight forward as I imagined.

Note: I'm running under XP Home Direct X 9.0c and FG 1.02

EDIT: Ah I think I might have figured part of the problem, spliskamatyshak hadn't included a new base.xml sheet (see the first part of the modification tutorial sticky thread). So all the links would probably point to the old d20 ruleset folder.

heliopolix
January 20th, 2005, 06:09
ok, I'im still doing something wrong.. I've edited the base.xml file to incude the charsheet.xml in my houserules folder, but I still can't get it to use the custom images. I've even tried backing up and overwriting the saved versions in the d20 folder, to no avail. It is still loading the original charsheet_main.png and charsheet_skills.png from somewhere.

I cant figure out what file to edit to point to the custom images in my houserules. Help please!

Helio

Durak
January 20th, 2005, 09:58
Ignore this.

Ged
January 20th, 2005, 10:44
I cannot right now check this out myself (I'm accessing this forum with a lynx browser !), but just a quick question: are you editing the d20 ruleset directly or have you copied it to another folder? Changes that you do to the d20 ruleset folder don't generally propagate to the ruleset as it uses the resouce pack, not the files in the d20 folder. If you copy the folder to eg rulesets\d20_modified, then the changes should take place normally if you choose to use the new ruleset.

heliopolix
January 20th, 2005, 22:04
I guess my problem with this comes from a more overlying problem I have: I have tried copying the entire D20 ruleset to another folder, and editing the base.xml file to point to the new folder, but when I do this, FG crashes during load-up. I have even tried renaming the d20_xxx files to house_xxx but that doest work either. As it stands, the only files I can successfully have my houserule base.xml file point to are classes, equipment, and charsheet.xml. When I use the modified charsheet.xml and make a folder called frames to hold the modified charsheet_skills.png and charsheet_main.png, FG uses the bounding boxes defined in the modified charsheet, but still loads the orginal frames from the d20 folder. What I'm trying to find is how to tell FG to load the custom images in the houserules folder, not the default ones.

Legacy
January 20th, 2005, 22:07
What I'm trying to find is how to tell FG to load the custom images in the houserules folder, not the default ones.

Duplicated on my end. I have the same issue.

BTS

Bagpuss2
January 21st, 2005, 00:02
Have you used the unpack.exe file? This seems to sort things. Make sure you run it twice before you copy anything out of D20. Also note these files where done before the recent patches so might not be compatible with 1.03.

heliopolix
January 21st, 2005, 22:35
Using the unpack.exe solved things. I had installed the base program, and installed the 1.03 pack, but because I hadnt updated the ruleset files via the unpak, the d20_graphics.xml and several others were missing from the d20 ruleset folder, without me being aware that they were absent. Being able to edit d20_graphics is neccessary to make the program use the correct picture files to go along with the modified charsheet.

Thanks for the tip, this is working as it should now.

Also some a minor typo error in the modified charsheet - the numbercontrol for the fourth class level needs its sounds rect line changed to <bounds rect="475,261,34,23" /> (change in bold.) the number is currently 251, and the number doesnt synch with the picture.

Other than that, great sheet.

spliskamatyshak
January 30th, 2005, 18:14
Thanks for the edit with the fourth class number field. I've been busy adding psionics, npcs, goods & services and trade goods. I have the psionic monsters to add yet. Look for my post in The Armory for the location of my ruleset.