PDA

View Full Version : Coding for Savage Attacker?

Olodrin
June 21st, 2015, 21:06
Is it possible to automate Savage attacker?

Once per turn when you roll damage for a melee weapon attack, you can reroll the weapon’s damage dice and use either total.

Griogre
June 21st, 2015, 21:18
I don't believe that can currently be automated. Just have the player throw the damage roll twice in the chat window without the monster being targeted and drag and drop the roll he wants he wants onto the monster token or the monster on the combat tracker.

TASagent
June 22nd, 2015, 16:39
Given how you get to decide if you're rerolling the damage after the attack, and you only get to use it once per round, I might recommend having the player do his attacks normally, and if he wants to reroll the damage, roll the second one targetless to the chat. If he wants to use the second damage roll, either apply the difference manually, or Shift-drag the first damage roll to the monster, then drag the second damage roll to the monster. Though that could involve lots of juggling around of Targeted vs non-targeted abilities. Might be easier for that player to never actually mark a target, and drag attack rolls to them instead. The simplest approach will likely depend on just how many attacks he gets per turn. If there's only one, then I'd do what Griogre said. If he gets 4 attacks every turn (a bit ridiculous) then it might be easier to do one of the options I mentioned.

Ferghis
June 26th, 2015, 02:48
deleted