crb31
June 21st, 2015, 20:46
FG License: GM has Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Mountain daylight time
Day of week and time: Saturday evenings 7pm tenatively
Planned start date: 6/27/2015
Planned Frequency: Weekly possibly skipping one week due to family obligations
Term:Working through this module and Rise of Tiamat if the Players are interested.

Text or Voice: Voice preferred
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: as per the module- I feel it is a 50/50 mix
Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for 4-6 Adventurers
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level using the Standard Set (15, 14,13,12,10,8) ability scores as per AL Guidelines (No Princes of the Apocalypse or Elemental Evil races) You cannot roll your ability scores.
Character restrictions: Only core races and classes non evil as per AL guidelines (No Princes of the Apocalypse or Elemental Evil races)

Details of your scenario: Dragon Cultists have been pillaging and plundering the countryside for the past several weeks. Leaving small communities devastated in their wake. You have been recruited to the town of Greenest to begin the investigation in crushing this evil threat.
I'm looking for a party of adventurers that want to participate in the Horde of the Dragon Queen adventure along with the Rise of Tiamat. Hopefully the characters haven't played the adventure already or if they have, they will let me know. I try to be more story driven. There is a chance the characters will die, not my goal- but it is a very distinct possibility! If a player is more interested in min/maxing I am not looking for that- but players who like the game, treat it seriously with a huge flair for fun.
If you are interested in playing, please PM me and respond in a timely fashion.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1478

brustmlj
June 23rd, 2015, 07:12
I am running a game on 6/27 but in general I would love to play at 8pm on Saturday nights. I will sign up on the page just note that I will not be able to play 6/27 but would like to play in the future.

Thanks,
brustmlj
Mike

crb31
June 23rd, 2015, 11:46
I am running a game on 6/27 but in general I would love to play at 8pm on Saturday nights. I will sign up on the page just note that I will not be able to play 6/27 but would like to play in the future.

Thanks,
brustmlj
Mikecool. I do not have a problem with that.

crb31
June 23rd, 2015, 20:29
Still looking for players. I need 2 possibly three more.

Taonna
June 23rd, 2015, 20:32
I'd be interested in doing this but i have no idea what i would play

crb31
June 23rd, 2015, 20:38
I'd be interested in doing this but i have no idea what i would play

Take a look at the calendar entry, please. I think we're a little Paladin heavy- so anything would work. And if you wanted to play a Paladin, I can make that work too.:D

Raunalyn
June 23rd, 2015, 20:58
I was thinking about doing a Pally (going Path of the Ancients), but I think I may change my mind and go Dwarven barbarian (for comic relief and general murderfication).

crb31
June 23rd, 2015, 21:48
No worries. I think the dragonborn Pali will mis the first session. FYI please look at the Calendar I am trying figure out how to get your characters entered/created.

opuswild
June 24th, 2015, 01:35
Hey there, I may be interested in joining in. But, how long do you plan for the sessions to run? I'm in EST timezone, so the start time for me would be 9pm. So if these are longer sessions then it could end up running pretty late for me.

But if these are only 3 hour sessions or something, then I'm definitely down! :)

crb31
June 24th, 2015, 01:45
Hey there, I may be interested in joining in. But, how long do you plan for the sessions to run? I'm in EST timezone, so the start time for me would be 9pm. So if these are longer sessions then it could end up running pretty late for me.

But if these are only 3 hour sessions or something, then I'm definitely down! :) I generally like to play for 2-3 hours. I am willing to make a exception if everyone is good with it- start earlier? run later? I chose 7pm MDT as a general start time because sometimes I may have a family obligation that runs until 6:30pm

opuswild
June 24th, 2015, 01:56
Starting earlier would be great but if we can't that's fine as long as we're not going past 3-4 hour sessions.

In that case I would definitely be interested in joining up.

crb31
June 24th, 2015, 02:00
Starting earlier would be great but if we can't that's fine as long as we're not going past 3-4 hour sessions.

In that case I would definitely be interested in joining up.
Again- the 3-4 hour game session is not what I am going for unless everyone knows about it at least 1 week in advance. Think more like 2 hours plus some- possibly even three hours but not what I want to set out to do. If you do end up joining, PM me. Cal

crb31
June 24th, 2015, 02:30
It looks like we have a group- please PM me with character details. I do have hooks for you and possible feats.

KainVorador
June 24th, 2015, 22:11
What can you accomplish in 2 hours? I DM and find that anything short of 4 hours and nothing substantial gets accomplished. My average session length is 5 hours. Just curious?

crb31
June 24th, 2015, 22:29
@KainVorador you know, you would be surprised! I think it's up to the players and their willingness to work through it. I am willing to play longer but with 'life' I can only give the game a few hours.

opuswild
June 24th, 2015, 23:12
What can you accomplish in 2 hours? I DM and find that anything short of 4 hours and nothing substantial gets accomplished. My average session length is 5 hours. Just curious?

A lot can get done. The issues with pacing are what tend to make it feel like low time = low progress. I can get at least a couple roleplay segments and a couple combats done in that time, if not a fair bit more. But this requires a group that knows what they're doing. Check out professional podcasts, they tend to get a lot done. I find sometimes with longer sessions players can lose focus, and what progress is being made diminishes over time. This of course varies group to group. I've definitely played with groups and done successful full day sessions (8-12 hours). It can just be much harder to manage consistent 4-6 hour sessions and keep good reward versus time. Plus yeah, life....

Each their own though! I can make it all work. Any gaming is better than none, any day.

crb31
June 24th, 2015, 23:18
...I can make it all work. Any gaming is better than none, any day.
Thanks, and that attitude expressed in the above extracted quote sums it up. Without players wanting to make it work, my job would be a lot harder!

opuswild
June 24th, 2015, 23:46
Thanks, and that attitude expressed in the above extracted quote sums it up. Without players wanting to make it work, my job would be a lot harder!

I've only ever been a DM....for about 11 years, since I was 16. So I just know how shitty it is to have bad players haha.

Mgrancey
June 25th, 2015, 02:13
Depends on the system, with Savage Worlds or 5e, combat goes a whole lot faster, especially if the players are prepared or on task. 2 hours is short but sufficient, after all they were doing 1 hour slots with 4e.

crb31
June 25th, 2015, 04:16
I may have an opening for one more if someone is interested. I wont know until later tonight- though. Please PM me.

crb31
June 26th, 2015, 19:13
Bump. Still looking for 1.

crb31
June 26th, 2015, 20:46
Folks it looks like the spot is filled! Thanks for the interest!

brustmlj
June 26th, 2015, 21:29
Looks like there is only 4 of us on the calendar right now

crb31
June 26th, 2015, 22:15
Looks like there is only 4 of us on the calendar right now got it covered I'm at work and can't send the invite - they'll get it tonight.

Raunalyn
June 27th, 2015, 14:10
Looking forward to it...see you tonight!

KainVorador
June 28th, 2015, 01:06
Need the teamspeak address.

*UPDATE* Found it.

Raunalyn
June 28th, 2015, 02:06
Is the server up?

KainVorador
June 28th, 2015, 02:08
Host connection issues at the moment. We're in TS though.

Raunalyn
June 28th, 2015, 02:09
What's the TS server name?

KainVorador
June 28th, 2015, 02:11
FG server ts.fg-con.com. Hoard of the Dragon Queen SaturdayPM.

opuswild
June 28th, 2015, 02:11
Go here, info on this page https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

Once you connect, scroll down, channel name is Horde of the Dragon Queen SaturdayPM.

Raunalyn
June 28th, 2015, 02:14
Is there a password?

opuswild
June 28th, 2015, 02:15
Yes, it's on that page. Dungeoneers is the password.

opuswild
June 28th, 2015, 02:15
DM dropped out, no idea where he is.

brustmlj
June 28th, 2015, 17:05
Did the adventure kick off last night? I was DMing FGDaze but was looking forward to the campaign starting next week for me.

opuswild
June 28th, 2015, 17:14
It did, but DM lost his internet for a while before we started, so we started late. Then we only played for like an hour or something once we got going....so you didn't really miss anything at all.

crb31
July 4th, 2015, 20:35
Looking for one more player, we lost the rogue of the group. If you are interested, please PM me.

KainVorador
July 4th, 2015, 21:33
Who was the rogue?

crb31
July 4th, 2015, 22:26
Munmuzzled

grapper
July 5th, 2015, 21:09
I'm interested in playing if a spot is still open. Also, it looks like the game calender entry is gone. I have a few character ideas, but I'd like to pick one that fits with the rest of the party.

crb31
July 5th, 2015, 23:11
I'm interested in playing if a spot is still open. Also, it looks like the game calender entry is gone. I have a few character ideas, but I'd like to pick one that fits with the rest of the party.

I have just filled the spot-I will let you know if something comes available in the future.

brustmlj
July 11th, 2015, 18:04
How is the game looking for tonight?

crb31
July 11th, 2015, 18:46
I have two confirmed with one possible late, and another late(probably not, due to death in the family). What is your feeling about this? For the 18th It looks like there is a larger group available to play.

brustmlj
July 11th, 2015, 19:06
I just change my vote from a no to a yes. So it seems like 3 yes?

crb31
July 11th, 2015, 19:20
Yes- Three- one may be late and a possible fourth but not likely.