PDA

View Full Version : Character Sheet Qestions

aberto2k
June 21st, 2015, 04:34
Hi there - first time back after 5 years I think - moved to MapTool then Roll20 and now I'm back to FG2.

Quick question I'm sure the answer is right in front of me but I can't see it.

How does one manually set a character's hit dice?

I've only got the Basic Ruleset and the PHB Customization Package and I'm creating a Monk, I've set everything (manually of course) and the character is complete - except I cannot set the hit dice.

Thanks,

Aberto2k

damned
June 21st, 2015, 05:06
Use the magnifying glasses that are all over teh character sheet - you can see one on the front page net to the HD letters and field but the one that you set the HD on is the one next to the Prof bonus at the end of the Class & Level line.

aberto2k
June 21st, 2015, 14:03
Thanks damned - I knew that, what I didn't know was how to set the HD, which I just figured out and feel dumb not figuring it out sooner... you just need to DROP a die on the box. {Face Palm}

See - so simple, right in front of me and COMPLETELY missed.

Thanks,

Aberto2k

damned
June 21st, 2015, 14:26
hah - the interface is quirky and doesnt feel intuitive until you get used to it and then its quite natural.

Griogre
June 21st, 2015, 19:03
Also just in case you didn't know, to level characters the easiest way is to drag and drop the class on the character sheet again. IE to make a 1st level fighter drop fighter on the character sheet from the basic rules. To make him a second level fighter drop the class again. Note you want to drag and drop the races, background, ect before you level the character to 2nd. You can naturally everything manually like you are doing for HD though.

aberto2k
June 22nd, 2015, 04:02
Nice tip Griogre - thanks.

Now I just need to get into game. ;)

Aberto2k

JohnD
June 22nd, 2015, 04:51
Welcome back... solid choice you've made.