PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds : Warhammer 40k, Criminals.

Loonybinjin
June 21st, 2015, 02:17
Welcome to Penal Ship: 1982:BC, Designation: Depot.

So this is a campaign I've been building for several weeks now for the Savage Worlds system. Set within the Warhammer 40k setting, players take on the role of Aliens, Criminals, and other outcastes as they strike out to make their mark on the galaxy.

Two Player Slots Open as of 7/25/15 Send me a message if you're interested in a game.

The Hook: You're all prisoners on "Imperial Penal Ship: 1982BC" which is unofficially designated 'The Depot' by crewmembers and inmates. The Depot is one of millions designed to house overflow criminals, Xenos, and traitors from across Segmentum Tempestus. Be they hardened psychopaths from the densely populated hive worlds, Xenos filth captured during military campaigns, tech-heretics, rouge psykers, renegades from the armed forces of the Imperium of Man, or simply unlucky first time offenders who were improperly place upon the ship. The Depot accepts all offerings. All of these prisoners kept away from the civilized worlds by an informal tactic that involves immensely long trips in and out of the warp, often encompassing long years if not decades. Who knows how long you've been on this ship, or how many years have passed in the Materium? Maybe you were even born in a cell on this unforgiving rock? Regardless, you're here now. Living amongst all the different cultures and social groups that exist within the ship.

But the winds are shifting and the Imperial Navigators who guide this ship of misbegotten souls grow tired. Red Sirens blade and the Imperial Chour sings aloud, echoing throughout the ship, startling the thousands of souls that call this ship home awake. You feel it leave you, the snickering of the warp, the fuzzy feeling in the back of your mind, and for the first time in seven years you renter the Materium. The Sirens go off, and there is silence. Then they are on again, and the ship shakes with a violence that startles even the most steadfast of souls. The lights flicker, the electronics shakes, and finally, some of the cell doors simply open. Amidst the blaring red lights and deafening sounds, comes the glimmer of freedom. What will the inmates of Cell Block 3D-88 do next?

-Questions?-
Why not use Dark Heresy?: Because as much as I love and respect Dark Heresy, it's a cumbersome system when it comes to larger battles, and it can be min-maxed like the dickens. The advancement of power is also off putting to me, as a character can reach a relative point where they are almost unstoppable. I wanted this game to be more 'Down to Terra' in the sense that I wanted everyone to be a little vulnerable and that I wanted some greater random element. Which the savage worlds system provides in spades.

Wait, prisoners? Is that a must?: Not necessarily. You can be a crooked guard, but you'll have to sell the character concept to me very well!

What can we be? : Almost all races are a possibility, and aliens that are not human have different benefits that are predetermined. The ship has a massive population of Orks on it, as well as numerous members from most other races. Various Eldar and Dark Elder, Abhumans, Mutants, Kroot, and other such things. The only major "No's" As of right now are : Necrons, Spacemarines, and Tyranids.

I'm new to savage worlds?: Savage worlds is at it's core, a simplistic and roleplay focused formatting. No prior knowledge is required, and it can easily be picked up in less than fifteen minutes.

Any other question can be asked in the thread below or directed to me personally.

I'm currently looking for two to three more players for this game, and I'd like to be able to talk to those players individually beforehand about what they want to run and how it fits into the setting.

Daedalus
June 21st, 2015, 02:19
I'm In. I have sent you my idea via Team Speak and waiting to hear back

Loonybinjin
June 21st, 2015, 02:34
Daedalus, Kobal, and Alan Meranda are the current members, on an off note.

Daedalus
June 22nd, 2015, 14:21
I am available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays but I might be available on Saturdays if my War of the Dead game falls through (or I give up on it)

Taonna
June 23rd, 2015, 04:49
I'm available Tuesdays all day and night and Sundays after about 715 CST if there is room left let me know if there is any space left, I will admit I'm new to savage worlds.

Daedalus
June 23rd, 2015, 16:31
I'm available Tuesdays all day and night and Sundays after about 715 CST if there is room left let me know if there is any space left, I will admit I'm new to savage worlds.

While I am not the GM I think that Loony does have a couple more spaces left. I will wait for him to reply and let us know

Taonna
June 23rd, 2015, 20:15
Yeah he sent me a message and i just responded sowe will see

Daedalus
June 23rd, 2015, 20:52
Yeah he sent me a message and i just responded sowe will see

Great. He has been a bit more quiet than usual and he tends to post more than he has. Hopefully you will get into the game

Taonna
June 23rd, 2015, 21:22
Hopefully he likes my character concept

Loonybinjin
June 23rd, 2015, 22:59
Well there were some problems with it being slightly impossible, but I'm sure we can figure something out or develop a new concept. At least he offered to be a xenos. ;)

Daedalus
June 24th, 2015, 00:22
Well I heard that you got it figured out so that's great

Daedalus
June 24th, 2015, 01:35
Looks like Kobal is the only one left to make a character so according to Loony we will be playing next tuesday

Loonybinjin
June 24th, 2015, 02:23
There is still one additional spot on an off note, although I am ready to begin now.

Loonybinjin
June 24th, 2015, 03:44
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1485

Calendar is up.

Daedalus
June 24th, 2015, 15:43
Made sure to jump in and grab my spot. Now all we need is the GM to approve ;) Looks like it's going to be a full game which is cool

Daedalus
June 25th, 2015, 20:01
So it looks like we need at least one more person in order to get going at least, two more to fill the game

Daedalus
June 26th, 2015, 01:39
So are we starting next Tuesday?

Loonybinjin
June 26th, 2015, 08:48
Indeed we are. Just waiting to hear back from Alan.

Daedalus
June 27th, 2015, 19:55
Indeed we are. Just waiting to hear back from Alan.

Understood. I am waiting for Koral and Alan to reply with their email addresses for my game so we can start using the mailing list. I know Alan is at a party today so I don't know if he will be on at all or not

Daedalus
June 28th, 2015, 05:48
Will we play anyhow if we don't get information from Alan or are we going to wait for Alan before we begin?

Loonybinjin
June 28th, 2015, 07:34
I've already heard back from him, and he's signed on.

Daedalus
June 29th, 2015, 18:26
I've already heard back from him, and he's signed on.

Great to hear. I am ready to go. Are you going to input characters or will I need to do that tomorrow night before we get going?

Daedalus
June 30th, 2015, 15:00
So are we on for playing tonight? Just wanted to make sure nothing has changed

Daedalus
June 30th, 2015, 19:29
It's crime time tonight. I look forward to being tpk.. I mean playing tonight

Daedalus
July 1st, 2015, 17:55
Great game looney. Lots of fun

Loonybinjin
July 7th, 2015, 13:06
A quick Reminder to those involved, the second session begins tonight around eight. Be there and be square.

Daedalus
July 7th, 2015, 15:01
Can we be both? (There and Square)? :)

Daedalus
July 8th, 2015, 01:50
No answer? sad. :(

Loonybinjin
July 8th, 2015, 15:09
Thanks to everyone who attended last night! Congratulations to the orc and his genocide of the cell block as well.

Daedalus
July 8th, 2015, 15:47
That's. And hope I didn't bust your chops too much last night. I do that to people I like. :)

Daedalus
July 9th, 2015, 02:21
Had a great time too!

Daedalus
July 11th, 2015, 22:39
We are moving to Wednesday starting this week correct? Why do I feel a TPK coming after the cinematic ending of last week's episode?

Taonna
July 12th, 2015, 00:05
I vote we sneak by the bad guys to the other side

Daedalus
July 12th, 2015, 01:04
I vote we sneak by the bad guys to the other side

Yeah lets do that

Daedalus
July 13th, 2015, 15:42
So any hints on what we should expect come Wednesday's game?

Loonybinjin
July 13th, 2015, 15:59
At this point, that really depends on whether or not the party decides to follow the boarding party or take another action.

Daedalus
July 13th, 2015, 19:41
At this point, that really depends on whether or not the party decides to follow the boarding party or take another action.

So basically it comes down to whether we do stupid thing A or Stupid thing b. got it. ;) Great game last week by the way

Daedalus
July 14th, 2015, 15:04
Just a heads up there have been some changes with the teamspeak server so you might want to check them out:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server&p=129318&viewfull=1#post129318

Daedalus
July 15th, 2015, 14:41
So we are playing tonight. 8:00pm. Let's all try to be there at 8pm sharp. We discussed talking OOC via the text box and things in character via voice. And to try not to talk over eachother. I am going to do my best to keep the smart comments to a minimum on my end.

Looking forward to playing Looney

Daedalus
July 16th, 2015, 14:51
Hey Loony,

just wanted to say fun game last night. Sure there was that part in the middle but that happens. It happened to my game last week and it happened to your game this week. Crap happens. But overall it was a lot of fun. Keep up the good work

Daedalus
July 17th, 2015, 14:45
We are sticking with Wednesday right? Also, I think except for a few instances we had a lot less talking over each other. Guess if we keep working on it it won't be a problem. Again, great game. Can't wait to see what happens next week

Daedalus
July 20th, 2015, 18:26
We are playing this Wednesday at 8pm EST correct?

Daedalus
July 22nd, 2015, 15:11
I assume we are playing tonight at our normal time?

Daedalus
July 23rd, 2015, 14:27
Thanks for the game last night Loony. I am going to contact you with some changes to my character to make it a little more fun

Loonybinjin
July 24th, 2015, 08:35
There are two possible spots that have opened up in this game following recent events.

If anyone is interested, please message me on fantasy grounds, or add "Sedrick Galamonte" To your skype contacts. It should be the one with a picture of a man mowing the moon. No Savage Worlds or fantasy grounds experience is required.

Loonybinjin
July 25th, 2015, 22:01
Slots remain open.

Loonybinjin
July 28th, 2015, 04:27
Still open to last minute slots before tomorrows game, apply if possible.

-Edit.-
One slot remains.