PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a quickie - Part Deux

msd
December 17th, 2004, 22:08
So, my understanding is that we are go for tomorrow night...

Morgan, are you still planning on providing characters? Are we going to try and meet in chat before the game? Are you going to e-mail the IP address of the server, or do you want to use an alias and just post it here?

Also, who are the definites that are playing?

I know...

Me (msd)
Morgan
Doc_Klueless a.k.a Art Wendorf

Were there others?

If you guys need to get hold of me or want to e-mail out the IP, use:

m<underscore>shields<underscore>dunn<at>hotmail.com.

Thanks,
matt

Art Wendorf
December 18th, 2004, 03:39
I've gotta set up Yahoo messenger.

Yuan-Ti
December 18th, 2004, 14:21
I would like to be part of this. Just let me know what time and how we are organizing it. I can set up my messenger.

I can be emailed via the link below, as well.

msd
December 18th, 2004, 20:18
Well, there has been so sign of Morgan which is not a good sign.

But, I still want to test simple things like connectivity and assuming we don't hear from him, here is what I can do.

9 pm EST...I will have a server hosted. To connect, use the alias "cold pony quiet fang". I can't DM (never really tried), but we can test all the basic functionality.

Anyone who wants to connect and try should feel free. If you want to get in contact with me before then, you can get IM me using the links below.

-matt

Art Wendorf
December 19th, 2004, 00:33
9 pm EST...I will have a server hosted. To connect, use the alias "cold pony quiet fang". I can't DM (never really tried), but we can test all the basic functionality.Oi! Life, eh? It can get in the way of fun sometimes! :wink:

Speaking for myself, my wife got called into work today (Heck, who can blame her? It's $440 net for one day of work), So I'd only be able to play for 2 -2 1/2 hours, then I gotta put the little kneebiter to bed.

Anyone who wants to connect and try should feel free. If you want to get in contact with me before then, you can get IM me using the links below.

-mattI'd at least like to give that a try. I'll attempt to connect at, er, that'd be 6pm my time. I think. Let's see Est 9pm, Cen 8pm, Mount 7pm, Pacif.. 6pm.

Yup, I'll attempt a connect at that time.

Yuan-Ti
December 19th, 2004, 02:28
Thanks, guys! That seemed to work pretty well. I had some lag at the end, however, and then lost the host. Not sure if that was the program or the host's connection or my connection, though...

Still, I think this program would work well for virtual gaming. Good work, devs!

Kevin, aka "Bob"

Art Wendorf
December 19th, 2004, 03:16
I agree. I was very impressed with this program. The only time I lost connection it was a computer problem likely unrelated to the program itself.

Something I discovered: You can't type in your own Alias for hosting a session. Lost msd because we got off to see if I could host, tried to type in the Alias I'd given him (Clueless Adventures) and discovered I couldn't do that. Not a ding on the program. Just me. :oops:

msd: Thank you very, very much for hosting and letting us take a peek at this wonderful program. It's got many cool features which read ok, but work aaaawesome. Gonna write up a review of it and post it to EN World tomorrow.

msd
December 19th, 2004, 03:53
msd: Thank you very, very much for hosting and letting us take a peek at this wonderful program. It's got many cool features which read ok, but work aaaawesome. Gonna write up a review of it and post it to EN World tomorrow.

Not at all...its you guys who deserve the thanks for letting me test my connectivity and letting me see if I was gonna have lag problems, etc.

Yeah, I totally agree that for a version 1 product, this is just really well done. I crashed once, but I feel pretty sure that it is just because my machine sucks.

Totally looking forward to starting a regular compaign with this and really looking forward to the review on ENWorld.

Morgan
December 23rd, 2004, 23:29

Not at all...its you guys who deserve the thanks for letting me test my connectivity and letting me see if I was gonna have lag problems, etc.

Yeah, I totally agree that for a version 1 product, this is just really well done. I crashed once, but I feel pretty sure that it is just because my machine sucks.

Totally looking forward to starting a regular compaign with this and really looking forward to the review on ENWorld.

Gentlemen,

My apologies for the problems last weekend. Apparently my wife didn't pay our cable bill this month and we got disconnected. Had to wait until I got paid again to get back on line (today because of the impending holiday). She has been properly chastised (bad wench! no biscuit!) and we should be back on line for good now.

Glad to hear it went ok. I'm willing to try again if someone wants.

Morgan

richvalle
December 24th, 2004, 15:30
Though it would have to be next weekend at the earliest. Let me know what works for you.

rv