PDA

View Full Version : [FGDaze] D&D 5E - Adventurers League- DDEX02-01 City of Danger -Noobs Welcome

Talen
June 20th, 2015, 19:57
On the southern shores of the Moonsea, the residents of Mulmaster have eked out a living where others would likely have given up long ago—in a bleak city where corruption is rampant and the Church of Bane holds sway. In these five short, introductory adventures, you will travel the breadth of the City of Danger, meet its people, see its sights, and witness firsthand how the city truly has earned its ominous moniker. An introductory adventure for 1st-2nd level characters. We will be running mini adventure 1.Players new to D&D, the Adventurers League and new to Fantasy Grounds are welcome.

Play Time - Check Calendar for Conversion - 11:00 am EST (GMT-5). Runs for approx. 1-2 Hours.

Calendar sign up and time-check Here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1476)

I'll be running the first mini adventure from the City of Danger adventure and explain how to use Fantasy Grounds as a new player and what the Adventurers League is. Pre Gen Characters will be available. I can walk you through character creation as well if you would like - just let me know ahead of time. If you are more advanced, I will also leave the server open the day before the game for you enter your character in or load your export character for you. If you do make your own character, please use the point buy process.

This session will run for 3-7 players

Mask_of_winter
June 20th, 2015, 21:02
Thanks for running this Talen. To avoid confusion, please remember Eastern is currently observing Daylight Savings time an is GMT/UTC -4. So it's EDT.

timperkins
June 21st, 2015, 02:43
Do you use text? chat? video? to run these, do you need to download anything for that?

Talen
June 21st, 2015, 04:23
Mask - thanks for the clarification on EDT! Illustrates the point that people should NEVER rely on me for time conversion so thank god the calendar does that for us!

Timperkins - I use both FG Chat and Teamspeak for the game - Teamspeak is essential however as I generally run the majority of the game with Voice. As a result, you will need both Fantasy Grounds (the free version is fine) and Teamspeak downloaded. The FG server info is in the calendar. In the TS server, we will be in the "Adventurers League: DM Talen" channel. Voice Server: teamspeak.fg-con.com Voice Password: Dungeoneers

timperkins
June 21st, 2015, 07:53
Thanks for the reply. I have a full license and have played a couple times in a home brew but I have never played in an Adventurer League game. Are there any class or race restrictions to this game? I would definitely like to create my own character.

damned
June 21st, 2015, 08:21
Hi timperkins the AL character creation guidelines are here: https://dnd.wizards.com/playevents/players

Talen
June 21st, 2015, 12:40
Yep, what damned said! If you need a hand, let me know.

jenovvson
June 23rd, 2015, 21:10
Hey Talen. I'm going to go ahead and sign up though I might have to drop out just in case i'm scheduled to work this saturday.

Talen
June 23rd, 2015, 21:47
Sounds good. We have a full party of 7 at the moment, but I will accept alternates in the event people need to drop.

Talen
June 25th, 2015, 12:29
If you haven't come across these already, there are some great video tutorials you can review before our game on Saturday at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php?title=Videos. Specifically, the Game System Tutorials (D&D Fifth Edition) show you how to prepare your character sheet and the General Tutorials by either Xorn (Quick Start Guide) or Dulux Oz are invaluable if you are completely new to FG. Some of the videos use some earlier versions of FG, but the concepts and general access remain unchanged.

Talen
June 26th, 2015, 12:12
I have the game server up now for anyone that wants to test their connection or enter their character before the game. I'll be around tonight and an hour before game time to help people out if they have questions - I just don't know what time tonight. If you sent me a character, the character is already loaded. If you have any questions, give a shout.

jenovvson
June 26th, 2015, 12:53
What's the server info talen?

Talen
June 26th, 2015, 14:25
It's in the calendar (sorey, don't remember and sending this from my phone). Let me know if you have any issues finding it or connecting.

Talen
June 26th, 2015, 14:27
Also, assuming u do get in. I put a "training dummy" inc the combat tracker for you to test your attacks against. Just drop your attack roll on the dummy or target it with a control -left click.

Talen
June 27th, 2015, 16:04
Game is starting now if you are jumping in - Welcome!