PDA

View Full Version : In the PHB would it be possible

crb31
June 20th, 2015, 14:37
The Backgrounds, would it be possible to have a roll chart to do a random background?
Thanks

TASagent
June 20th, 2015, 14:40
Random background seems like such a niche request. Wouldn't it be simpler for those super rare cases that someone wants one to just roll a die and take the result? Or make a table yourself of the background names?

crb31
June 20th, 2015, 14:53
yes...

TASagent
June 20th, 2015, 14:57
Sorry, I misunderstood your request. I thought you were asking if smiteworks could add a random background table to the core packs, which would obviously be a bit unnecessary.

Yeah, you can make a table and drag the background links to each row. The process is fairly straightforward. Which part do you need help with?

crb31
June 20th, 2015, 15:04
No, you got it correct.
I can probably figure out the table stuff on my own- When I create a character for myself I like to do it with some randomness it can give a different aspect or feel to the character other than I originally had in mind. Something like a Wizard who started his life as a Pirate. Or a Acolyte Rogue - A thief who began his life serving in the temples- Randomness opens up different possibilities- IMO.

epithet
June 20th, 2015, 16:24
I had a player character in one of my campaigns that was an acolyte rogue. It was neat--she was an agent of an inquisition, an assassin in the service of a good aligned church (of Pelor.)