PDA

View Full Version : Test Release v3.1.2

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2015, 08:11
Note: As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

We're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2015, 08:12
Updates

[CoreRPG+] When GM drags portraits/tokens from PC sheet to combat tracker, token will be applied if over token field, otherwise, PC will be added to combat tracker.
[5E] PHB Errata incorporated into PHB and class pack DLC.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Critical confirm rolls can now be dragged from chat window to target tokens or CT entries.
[5E/PFRPG/3.5E] Effects could be changed on application in certain corner cases related to spacing. Fixed.
[5E] CT actions subsection for NPCs expanding when active, but not auto-closing when no longer active. Fixed.
[5E] Choosing long rest from PC sheet before opening combat tracker during session prevented healing from rest. Fixed.
[5E] When dropping Sorcerer class onto PC sheet, the skill selection dialog was not being shown. Fixed.

Additionally, there are also minor data updates to most of the 5E content as reported.

JPG

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2015, 08:20
For developers,

[CoreRPG+] The "charsheet" windowclass has been updated in all CoreRPG-derived rulesets to use the "token_char" template that supports the new GM drag to CT.
[5E/PFRPG/3.5E] The EffectManager script was updated to resolve spacing bug.
[5E] The CharManager script and "select_dialog" window class was updated to support multiple choices in sequence.
[5E] The "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua" script was updated to fix CT combat subsection not closing.
[5E] The CombatManager2 script was updated to fix resting bug.
[3.5E] The GameSystem script was updated to support critical confirm roll drag.

Cheers,
JPG

TASagent
June 20th, 2015, 12:50
Moon Wizard, any (tentative) plans for when you'd like to push this one out, yet? I'll need to update both my extensions.

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2015, 05:30
I don't have a fixed date. I was originally going to push quickly to fix the 5E combat tracker subsection item, but then we got the PHB errata and a couple other items.

I'm going to shoot for a couple weeks.

Regards,
JPG

TASagent
June 22nd, 2015, 15:17
No problem, thanks for the heads up.

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2015, 23:58
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Dice tower can be unlocked and moved.
[CoreRPG+] When holding CTRL key while dropping item links on a PC portrait, the item record will be shared with the player, instead of added to the PC.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/C&C] Added option for tiered bar colors, in addition to default gradient colored bars.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Added new conditional operators (ALIGN, SIZE, TYPE, CUSTOM). Click help link in campaign effects window to see more info.
[5E] Notification of amount of damage that exceeds hit points added.
[5E] Trinkets can now be dropped onto PC inventory.
[5E] Critical damage type added to added critical damage.
[5E] IMMUNE effect supports critical damage type.
Formatted text not wrapping correctly when new formatting begins after first line of paragraph. Fixed.
Module permission state being forgotten when using /reload command. Fixed.
[SW] Several fixes to be detailed in SW forum.

Developer Change Notes

[CoreRPG+] ActorManager2 (scripts/manager_actor2.lua)
[CoreRPG+] ps/scripts/ps_mainitem.lua
[CoreRPG+] Desktop (desktop/scripts/desktop.lua)
[CoreRPG+] ActionDamage (scripts/manager_action_damage.lua)
[CoreRPG+] DataCommon (scripts/data_common.lua)
[CoreRPG+] EffectManager (scripts/manager_effect.lua)
[CoreRPG] desktop/scripts/characterlist_entry.lua
[CoreRPG] dicetower windowclass, dicetower panel
[5E] ItemManager2 (scripts/manager_item2.lua)
[4E] TokenManager2 (scripts/manager_token2.lua)

JPG

Moon Wizard
June 25th, 2015, 00:05
Also, note that the changes just posted specifically override the need for the following extensions. However, the implementation of the alignment and optional tags are different, and the wound colors are slightly different.

Optional Conditions
Alignment Conditions
Move Dice Tower
Alt Wound Colors
HP Under Zero

JPG

dulux-oz
June 25th, 2015, 02:46
Developer Change Notes

[CoreRPG+] Desktop (desktop/scripts/desktop.lua)

JPG

Hey Moon, I just ran Winmerge over the v3.1.1 and the new v3.1.2 versions of desktop.lua, and they are exactly the same. ie no change

Just thought you'd like to know

Cheers

Moon Wizard
June 25th, 2015, 04:10
I put CoreRPG+, because it affected more than 3 of the derived rulesets. (5E/4E/3.5E/PFRPG/C&C)

Same for the other CoreRPG+ references.

Cheers,
JPG

dulux-oz
June 25th, 2015, 06:55
I put CoreRPG+, because it affected more than 3 of the derived rulesets. (5E/4E/3.5E/PFRPG/C&C)

Same for the other CoreRPG+ references.

Cheers,
JPG

Sorry, does that mean its not in the CoreRPG version of the desktop.lua, but it is in the child Rulesets?

demonsbane
June 25th, 2015, 22:00
Updates

[5E] PHB Errata incorporated into PHB and class pack DLC.
(. . .)

Additionally, there are also minor data updates to most of the 5E content as reported.

JPG

I can point to two things concerning this aspect of the update:

1º - In the Player's Handbook Core, the text including errata and clarification of the last printing now has a minor typo. It says:

"The DM decides when circumstances are appropriate for hiding. Also, the question isn't whether a creature can see you when you're hiding. The ques- tion is whether it can see you clearly." (emphasis mine)

I mean, it should be "the question", not "the ques -tion".

2º - In the Lost Mines of Phandelver adventure, here is a very small incorrection. At "P0-07 Adventure Hook", the text has an extra empty line, in this way:

"Each of the characters included in this set has two personality traits
(one positive and one negative), an ideal, a bond, and a

flaw. These elements can make the character easier and more (. . .)"

This should be very easy to correct, I guess.

Regards

Moon Wizard
June 26th, 2015, 23:31
dulux-oz,

Yes, that means I updated at least 3 of the desktop/scripts/desktop.lua files in rulesets derived from CoreRPG, and possibly the main one. I reduced the granularity of my tracking to save time, especially when any extension using those files would be affected regardless.

Cheers,
JPG

dulux-oz
June 27th, 2015, 01:58
dulux-oz,

Yes, that means I updated at least 3 of the desktop/scripts/desktop.lua files in rulesets derived from CoreRPG, and possibly the main one. I reduced the granularity of my tracking to save time, especially when any extension using those files would be affected regardless.

Cheers,
JPG

Cool, just as long as I understand so I can fix my Extensions :)

Moon Wizard
June 27th, 2015, 19:23
Note: In a few minutes, I will be adding details of the new effect conditional operators and DMG critical tag to the wiki page, and will link here. I will also include a list of effects that I came up with for DMG magic items for 5E.

Updates

[5E] Add "crit range #" property support to weapons.
[5E] DMG effect supports critical keyword. (i.e. only apply on critical damage rolls)

Developer Change Notes

[5E] ActionDamage (scripts/manager_action_damage.lua)
[5E] campaign/scripts/char_weapon.lua

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
June 28th, 2015, 09:15
Hey, Moon these are some awesome changes, especially the new effects. Kudos to you and the team.

One thing what's a "tiered" colour bar and how is that different from standard. I'm not seeing any real difference; or I could be doing it wrong.

Zacchaeus
June 28th, 2015, 13:31
Right, I may be doing this wrong too.

I tried to set up Divine Smite using some of the new syntax. It seems to be, based on the examples in the Wiki that correctly this should be DMG: 2d8 radiant; IFT: TYPE(undead, fiend); DMG: 1d8 radiant.
Dragging this onto the smiter it would seem at first glance that it works. However it actually deals 3d8 radiant damage to anything which is damaged. It would appear to be not taking account of the IFT: TYPE part of the equation.
So I replicated the Dwarven hammer example given in the Wiki and I find that it too deals 2d8 damage to everything (not just Giants) provided the weapon used is ranged. The conclusion then is that it, too, is ignoring the TYPE part of the entry.

Elsewhere in the Wiki entries I see that, for example, Holy Avenger needs two separate entries for different monster types but the Wiki mentions that multiple types are supported for the TYPE keyword.

So, am I doing it wrong (again), or is this a slight imperfection in the code which I have discovered, and can we have clarification on whether the TYPE does support multiple entries and if so why do we need separate entries for such as the Holy Avenger.

Moon Wizard
June 29th, 2015, 01:41
The multiple types are combined using AND, not OR. There's no way to do OR right now; this the Holy Avenger example on wiki.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 29th, 2015, 01:43
The default health bar coloring is a gradient between a high color, a mid color and a low color.

If you use the tiered option, then the bar is a fixed color until the next health tier is reached.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
June 29th, 2015, 13:49
The default health bar coloring is a gradient between a high color, a mid color and a low color.

If you use the tiered option, then the bar is a fixed color until the next health tier is reached.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks Moon, after further testing I see that there is, in fact, a difference.

Zacchaeus
June 29th, 2015, 13:54
The multiple types are combined using AND, not OR. There's no way to do OR right now; this the Holy Avenger example on wiki.

Regards,
JPG

Ah, right, after playing about with it some more I understand it all now. Divine Smite works as long as you have separate effects, one for Fiend and one for undead. Also the Dwarven Thrower is now mysteriously working as shown in the Wiki; so the conclusion is that I must have been doing it wrong yesterday. The lesson is that I should spend several more hours testing things out before rushing to post :)

Kudos again for the additional functionality.

Nickademus
June 29th, 2015, 17:52
So, in regards to the new conditions in the effects window of 3.5/PF and possibly other rulesets, how hard would it be to have a duration field in the effect window so those generic conditions could be applied with a duration? The alternate would be a remove button to easily remove the effects, but that's not something the code can do.

Moon Wizard
June 29th, 2015, 18:34
Updates

[5E] Data updates to PHB, MM, LMoP, HotDQ and RoT modules.

JPG

darrenan
June 29th, 2015, 22:19
So, in regards to the new conditions in the effects window of 3.5/PF and possibly other rulesets, how hard would it be to have a duration field in the effect window so those generic conditions could be applied with a duration? The alternate would be a remove button to easily remove the effects, but that's not something the code can do.

I don't understand the question, every place I normally deal with effects (PC sheet, NPC sheet, CT, and Effects Window launched from the desktop button) in the PF ruleset there is a duration that can be set. Which window are you referring to? Sorry if I'm being dense.

D.

demonsbane
June 30th, 2015, 01:07
Updates

[5E] Data updates to PHB, MM, LMoP, HotDQ and RoT modules.

JPG

I found a weirdness, maybe an errata of something like that, in the LMoP adventure module. It's at P0-07 Adventure Hook:

The "Roleplaying and Inspiration" text enters in conflict with its Starter Set printed version. The Fantasy Grounds version says,

"When a player roleplays a negative personality trait or gives in to the drawbacks presented by a bond or flaw, you can give that player one inspiration as a reward. A player with inspiration can use it in a situation where his or her character's personality traits, ideal, or bond relate to what's happening. Spending inspiration gives the character advantage on one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. A character can have only one inspiration at a time." (emphasis mine for the troublesome phrase)

This doesn't match with the printed text in the Starter Set, p. 4:

"When a player roleplays a negative personality trait or gives in to the drawbacks presented by a bond or flaw, you can give that player one inspiration as a reward. The Player can then spend it when his or her character makes and ability check, an attack roll, or a saving throw. Spending inspiration gives the character advantage on one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. A character can have only one inspiration at a time. A clever player might spend the inspiration to counteract disadvantage on a roll. A character can have only one inspiration at a time."

The aforementioned non-matching phrase involves a different, more restricted, usage for Inspiration, and it's confusing to have this contradiction.

I'm intrigued about the origin of such LMoP Fantasy Grounds difference, but anyway since that rule isn't reflected in the updated Basic Rules 3.4 version, nor in the LMoP printed adventure, I'm reporting it as errata or weirdness to be substituted for the actual text.

Nickademus
June 30th, 2015, 19:55
I don't understand the question, every place I normally deal with effects (PC sheet, NPC sheet, CT, and Effects Window launched from the desktop button) in the PF ruleset there is a duration that can be set. Which window are you referring to? Sorry if I'm being dense.

D.

The list of conditions that were added in the last update, on the left side of the the Effects Window. They are just buttons and have no way (that I know of) to attach a duration to the effect.

Blackfoot
June 30th, 2015, 20:56
It's really easy to add a duration to the effect... just type a number in beside it in the combat tracker.
Most of those effects are semi-permanent.. things that end when they end but don't really have a duration.
'Prone' ends when you get up.. as does 'Sitting' and.. well.. most of the others... well... I don't suppose it would be all that bad to put a duration box at the top of the window that got read by any of the buttons that got pressed... it would be best if it were a dice field because 'some' of those effects get applied with a random duration... it just gets more and more complex. :)

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2015, 18:13
Updates

[SW] Character converter support added for Hero Lab to Fantasy Grounds for Savage Worlds, thanks to Ian Ward.

Note: I am asking that people that are familiar with the Savage Worlds ruleset and have the Hero Lab addition to give it a spin.

Thanks,
JPG

crb31
July 13th, 2015, 01:05
Do the players need to be running the test version also, if you're running it as DM?

dulux-oz
July 13th, 2015, 01:19
Do the players need to be running the test version also, if you're running it as DM?

Yes, the Players need to be running the same version as the GM or you'll get some strange problems

Cheers

Trenloe
July 13th, 2015, 03:20
Yes. And if you're running test be careful with any extensions you're using as they'll have been coded for a different version.

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2015, 08:49
It depends on the fixes in the beta version as well. The players always use the GM ruleset code, so different versions between GM and players only becomes an issue where new APIs added to client to support new ruleset features. So, it's usually safer to all run on the same version.

So far, for this patch, the client changes have all been minor bug fixes, and most of the changes are in ruleset code and DLC data packs.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2015, 01:57
Updates

Application color settings will be reset when returning to launcher or reloading.
[CONVERTER] Hero Lab to Savage Worlds support added to character converter utility, thanks to Ian Ward.
[CoreRPG+] When the visibility of an NPC in the combat tracker is toggled off, the NPC will be removed as a target from all other entries in the combat tracker.
[5E/PFRPG/3.5E] When using modifier stack with damage rolls, the modifier stack damage will now be typed according to first damage type.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Miss chance now occurs after crit confirmation rolls (if needed), and can cancel automatic critical damage.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Bonus types for AC effects will now be compared against base AC bonus types for PCs and NPCs to check for bonus stacking differences (i.e. mage armor).
[PFRPG/3.5E] Constructs, undead and swarms will now be set to "Dead" state when wound value is equal to hit point value.
[CoreRPG+] If CT entry was toggled to visible when the linked token was marked Always Visible, the token visibility would be changed to Mask Sensitive. Fixed.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC] Wrong drop-down list opening in some situations when using party sheet group roll feature. Fixed.
[5E] Spells added from Bard Quick Build section were incorrectly added to the wrong spell grouping. Fixed.
[5E] Minimum damage adjustment was bypassing immunity. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] When the HD field was empty for an NPC added to the CT, the NPC would always have zero hit points, regardless if the HP field was set. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] When spell save triggered from cast button (not spell save button directly), effects that modified casting ability did not modify spell DC. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2015, 01:57
Developer Changes

ActionDamage (3.5E, 5E)
ActionAttack (3.5E)
ActorManager2 (3.5E)
ActionSpell (3.5E)
CombatManager (CoreRPG)
CombatManager2 (3.5E, 5E)
DataCommon (3.5E, PFRPG)
OptionsCore (CoreRPG)
TargetingManager (CoreRPG)
TokenManager (CoreRPG)
campaign/scripts/power_list.lua (5E)
campaign/scripts/power_page.lua (5E)
ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua (3.5E)
ps/scripts/template_dropdown.lua (5E, 4E, 3.5E, CnC)
ps/scripts/template_dropdownlist.lua (5E, 4E, 3.5E, CnC)

JPG

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2015, 01:59
Just a quick note that I am planning to push this version the week before Gencon, so about 7-10 days.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
July 14th, 2015, 02:26
[PFRPG/3.5E] Bonus types for AC effects will now be compared against base AC bonus types for PCs and NPCs to check for bonus stacking differences (i.e. mage armor).

Does this mean that the effect "AC: 4 armor" will no longer stack with the number 6 in the armor bonus field on the combat tab of the character sheet?

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2015, 03:40
Yes. That's how the feature should work. PCs should always work, while NPCs require the AC breakdown in parentheses ( as listed in standard monster stat blocks).

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2015, 23:33
Updates

[PFRPG] Added immunity to precision damage effect automatically when adding NPC to the combat tracker, which is an ooze, elemental or incorporeal.
[5E] Minimum damage was incorrectly set to 1, instead of zero. Fixed.

Developer Changes

ActionDamage (5E)
ActionRecovery (5E)
CombatManager2 (3.5E)

JPG

Zacchaeus
July 15th, 2015, 11:35
Updates

[5E] Minimum damage was incorrectly set to 1, instead of zero. Fixed.

JPG

Bloody hell that was fast!

Moon Wizard
July 17th, 2015, 01:30
Here's a little something I've been meaning to add for a while, and was recently requested again. Luckily, it ended up being about as much work as anticipated, though it does span all the CoreRPG rulesets that I support directly.

Updates

[CoreRPG+] Options added whether to show health details, general status or nothing for both allies and non-allies. Applies to player combat tracker.
[CoreRPG+] Damage health status change notifications respect new health display options.
[CoC] Added Active, Unconscious and Dead status text to client combat tracker.

Developer Changes

ct/ct_client.xml (CoreRPG+)
ct/scripts/client_ctentry.lua (CoreRPG+)
desktop/scripts/desktop.lua (CoreRPG+)
strings/strings_utility.xml (CoreRPG)
strings/strings_ct.xml (CoreRPG)
base.xml (CoC)
ct/ct_host.xml (CoC)
ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua (CoC)

Cheers,
JPG

Nickademus
July 17th, 2015, 03:38
[CoreRPG+] Options added whether to show health details, general status or nothing for both allies and non-allies. Applies to player combat tracker.
[CoreRPG+] Damage health status change notifications respect new health display options.

On behalf of all GMs that like to wing it, thank you. Now we can ignore minor things like hit points. :P

Out of curiosity, will the temp hit point fix in the 3.5/PF ruleset make it into this update? It's been a few since the problem was identified.

Moon Wizard
July 17th, 2015, 18:54
Do you have a pointer to the thread with the issue?

Only what is specifically listed under updates will be in this patch release.

JPG

Nickademus
July 18th, 2015, 04:24
Here you go. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22328-Temp-Hit-Point-Question&highlight=Temp+Hit+Points)

Blackfoot
July 18th, 2015, 20:17
Very minor issue... but shouldn't the 'Token Facing' option be in the 'Tokens' Section of the Options?

TASagent
July 20th, 2015, 15:22
Was it the intention that the NPC actions tab in the new test release should be uncloseable? I see how that might make restoring its previous state on progress simpler, and closing the tab while it's still said NPC's turn is probably not that common, but just wanted to check the intended behavior.

Moon Wizard
July 20th, 2015, 23:45
Thanks, guys.

Nickademus, I'll try to look at this evening to see what it will take.

Blackfoot, that seems logical, just an artifact of evolving ruleset growth. Let me look into it.

TASAgent,
Yes, that's expected behavior for the "active" NPC. That's the behavior as it existed before the experiment of removing the auto-open on active state, and the resulting request to reinstate that behavior.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2015, 10:34
NOTE: These are my last planned functionality updates for this release (i.e. client, rulesets, extensions). My plan is to push this release on Thurs evening or Friday daytime of this week.

Updates

[CoreRPG+] Token facing option moved to token options section.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Temporary hit points modified to stack, since temporary hit points from 2 different sources are allowed to stack.

Developer Changes

[CoreRPG] OptionsCore
[3.5E] ActionDamage

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
July 23rd, 2015, 07:38
Hi Moon,

Just spotted an interesting "anomaly" - on the host if the DiceTower is hidden and you right-click in the area where it "should" be then you are presented with the Lock/Unlock Radial Menu for the Dice Tower.

Just thought I'd let you know :)

Cheers

Griogre
July 26th, 2015, 07:32
Quick question, does anyone know where which file defines ColorManager? Or the file with getHealthColor and getTokenHealthColor functions?

Blackfoot
July 26th, 2015, 07:33
Look at manager_actor2.lua.. in scripts

dulux-oz
July 26th, 2015, 08:12
Quick question, does anyone know where which file defines ColorManager? Or the file with getHealthColor and getTokenHealthColor functions?

Quick answer:

ColorManager is defined in base.xml of CoreRPG.

getHealthColor and getTokenHealthColor are both defined in manager_color.lua of /scripts of CoreRPG.

Blackfoot
July 26th, 2015, 08:48
Ouch. That's another whole new thing huh?
It was formerly to be defined in ActorManager2.. :) bother.

Griogre
July 26th, 2015, 20:06
Thanks, I was looking for the definition - which was in the Core ruleset not 5E. :p

Griogre
July 27th, 2015, 20:52
Ouch. That's another whole new thing huh?
It was formerly to be defined in ActorManager2.. :) bother.

Hi Blackfoot thanks for trying to help. :) However there is a difference between function declarations and function invocation or calls. The declaration is where the "guts" of the function are and the code that makes them work. When a function is used to do work like in ActorManager2, ect that is a function call. :) Yeah I sometimes teach programming.

@Dulux-Oz: Thanks. I was looking at the wrapper around the function and knew it wasn't in 5E but spaced on looking in Core. :p

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2015, 20:57
The color manager is a new thing... (which I didn't realize)... the 'guts' of it wasn't handled the same way previously so I was misinformed.
Yeah.. I'm an idiot.. but some of my information was right.. but now it's not.
Health coloring was previously handled in the ruleset... so this should make it simpler. (I hope)

Moon Wizard
July 27th, 2015, 21:40
That was the idea. Since the health coloration code was duplicated across at least 4 rulesets, I figured that I would encapsulate in ColorManager in CoreRPG.

Cheers,
JPG

Markjan
July 31st, 2015, 15:06
(Oops sory, double-post)

Blackfoot
August 1st, 2015, 04:05
There seems to be an issue with 'friendly' NPCs... they remember their visible condition even though they are always visible when 'friendly'... so the tracker skips them... even though they are visible. If you set them to neutral and then make them visible it corrects the situation...

Griogre
August 1st, 2015, 09:32
Yeah, thanks for reporting, I noticed the same thing Friday but forgot to post it.

Nickademus
August 6th, 2015, 04:23
I'm curious if the player-to-player item drag bug was being addressed this version? I know the bug started a couple updates ago and I thought it was acknowledged, but it doesn't seem like it was fixed in the last update.

Andraax
August 17th, 2015, 19:35
[CoreRPG+] Dice tower can be unlocked and moved.

Players can move and "lock" the tower position, however, it resets to it's default location next time they connect.