PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Players. D&D 5E Lost Mines Of Phandelver

Morgentaler
June 20th, 2015, 05:09
FG License:Ultimate
Game System:D&D 5E

Time Zone:Eastern Standard Time (GMT -4)
Day of week and time: 19:30 to 23:00
Start Date: June 24th 2015
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term:Will finish the module and go from there.

Text or Voice: Voice..no text emote this is a role playing game. I put effort in fleshing out the npc's (My voice acting sucks as in females sound very manly)
Voice software used:Temspeak server that is provided by our friends at Fantasy Grounds ;)

Roleplay & Combat mix: For the sake of gaming it's 50/50 but Id call it 100% as just because there is combat..strategy plans..dice rolling and stats does not mean we shouldn't be role playing..else there are many video games out there that will offer a non roleplaying experience
Number of Players in game & needed: Currently have 1 player looking for 4 more.
Character starting level & equipment: First Level!
Character restrictions: Core Races & Classes, I'm open to others provided in Elemental Evil Player handbook with approval. No evil alignment. And no Lawful Good for that matter as most people don't grasp the concept.

Details of your scenario: Lost Mines Of Phandelver I am already running another campaign in Forgotten Realms..I'm still hooked to playing and DMing but this time around I don't have the energy to create complete custom content for another group. No this game will not completely be on rails. I am not that type of DM i offer much freedom and opportunity to the players. Though there are always consequence's and reactions to certain decisions :)

TL/DR
I have some DM experience. Know my way around FG (Happy to help newer players) STRONG believer in ROLEPLAY!

What I expect from you: Be on time, don't be a rule nazi, come in with the intention to roleplay. Combat and loot are an excuse to roleplay and get in the shoes of a mighty (or not so mighty) adventurer! And last but not least have fun.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1475

Please take the time to PM me or email me [email protected]
Submits to game without some form of contact will be ignored and removed from calendar.

Morgentaler

Koral
June 23rd, 2015, 03:15
Are you still looking for more players?

KainVorador
June 24th, 2015, 22:09
The roleplay via voice thing scared me away. Otherwise, I'd be all over this. I think RP over voice is kinda hokey. I'm a chat roleplayer/voice OOC'er. Good luck, though.

Morgentaler
June 24th, 2015, 22:23
Game is currently full. Will Bump repost if anyone drops.

@KainVorador as a DM I just can't keep up with the text chat + preparing/reading the next town/encounter so with text as a DM I would feel completely out of the loop. Though I do think text base RP do have a time and place. Worked great for Neverwinter Nights back in the day with the online community.

Also I would still be playing actual tabletop if I could.

damned
June 25th, 2015, 00:16
Hey KainVorador a lot of people do find it hard to RPG via Voice. You will find that far and away most people in this community are very accepting and non judgemental and you will hopefully feel comfortable over time RPing with a group. There are some - but not as many - games being run TEXT only. It does require everyone to be competent typists and it does generally take longer than voice sessions.