PDA

View Full Version : How to change the decal/background?

dxmichelle
June 19th, 2015, 21:41
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post questions like this here, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere else and I might be posting a lot of upcoming questions later. Does anyone know how to make the background instead of the 5ed D&D logo that is red into the picture from the adventure (Hoard of the Dragon Queen)? I tried just choosing the decal for Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it doesn't work... The only reason I'm asking is that I saw some people change the background to the adventure they were running and wanted to do the same thing.

Also another question I had, is for example, the adventure module for Hoard of the Dragon Queen has additional backgrounds and proficiency that the players can choose, is there anyway I can give them access to just the background portion of the module without giving them the entire module?

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2015, 00:59
When you purchase HOTDQ module from the store, a decal extension should be installed. Just before you launch your campaign on the launcher screen, turn on the HOTDQ decal extension for that campaign. Once inside the campaign, that option will be added to the decal options.

Regards,
JPG

damned
June 20th, 2015, 01:48
Hi and welcome dxmichelle.
i dont have that module but you can share individual story entries by right clicking and choosing sharing and if you want to share a story entry with one player drag the story link onto their portrait on the top left of the screen.
If the Story entry contains both GM and Player info dont use this method though as it will reveal the whole story entry to them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQP18IPT68

dxmichelle
June 20th, 2015, 17:47
Great, got the decal changed and thanks for the info. I think I'll just share the module and just tell them not to look.. lol

damned
June 21st, 2015, 02:45
Great, got the decal changed and thanks for the info. I think I'll just share the module and just tell them not to look.. lol

no, no, no! dont! some players just wont be able to help themselves and they will make the game less fun for themselves. its not very hard honest!