PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to gift a GM a copy of one of the modules for 5e? HotDQ

khersheyjr
June 19th, 2015, 17:18
Is there a way to purchase/gift Hordes of the Dragon Queen to my DM for FG?

Mask_of_winter
June 19th, 2015, 17:33
Through Steam maybe? I know you can gift games on Steam.

Trenloe
June 19th, 2015, 17:36
Yep, through Steam - although the DLC download doesn't work on a Mac, so only do this if they have a PC.

Or, if you don't mind a bit of temporary password changes, you could do it on the FG website this way: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24795-FG-accounts-and-downloads&p=217781&viewfull=1#post217781

khersheyjr
June 19th, 2015, 17:57
Thanks Trenloe!

Niles
June 19th, 2015, 18:10
Definitely do it through Steam. Don't do what we did, one of my players gifted me the 5e books but bought them on his account. The only way we knew to get them in our computer was for me to use his username and password. The problem with that is if you buy future purchases through your own account, the stuff you didn't buy disappears. Fortunately, Smiteworks was gracious enough to transfer ownership to my account.

Dekorume
June 19th, 2015, 20:19
Gift your GM the money on their Paypal account and let them purchase the material from there. Secure transactions all the way around, it just take a little from the "gift", sorta like giving a gift card.

FSHSchmo
June 19th, 2015, 23:09
Gift your GM the money on their Paypal account and let them purchase the material from there. Secure transactions all the way around, it just take a little from the "gift", sorta like giving a gift card.

^ This gets a +1