PDA

View Full Version : Tyranny of Dragons 5ed - Hoard of the Dragon Queen / Rise of Tiamat

dxmichelle
June 19th, 2015, 16:50
Hello! I'm a new 5ed DM who recently joined FG. I really like this interface and would like to start DMing again. I used to play and DM some D&D 3.0 and 3.5, but have been in a hiatus for the past few years. I've come back and started playing 5th ed again. I'm not completely familiar with all the rules of 5ed or all the workings of fantasy ground, so if you want to play, please be patient with me, there is still a learning curve that I am trying to get through. I wanted to do tyranny of dragons, since there quite a few campaigns running lost mine of phandelver at the moment. I'm looking for a weekend time to play either weekly or biweekly, so I have tentatively set it for Sunday at 3pm, but I'm flexible on the time and I know it's father's day this weekend, so I know it would be hard for some of you to make it, I can maybe push it later and do a shorter session. Also, reading some of the reviews about the tyranny of dragons campaign, it seems that it is quite linear, so I might add or modify the campaign as I see fit, just so there might be more side quests or flexibility in player choices. Again, if you have run the campaign and I go completely off course with a side quest or something, just know that I might be homebrewing it.

FG License: I have Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5ed

Time Zone: I have set it for 3pm CST, but i'm flexible. Also, I am currently in the process of moving to the EST, so again, might have to adjust the times after the campaign starts
Day of week and time: I have tentatively set it for Sunday, but I would be ok anyday and prefer the weekends
If new game, planned start date: This Sunday if we can get enough players by then
Planned Frequency: Weekly or biweekly
Term: Since I'm pretty new at this, I want to try running the premade adventure Hoard of the Dragon Queen first, see how that goes. Then, if everything goes well, we can continue with the Rise of Tiamat. And then after level 15, I can either try some homebrew adventures to get us to level 20 or try some other premades or start another campaign, we can discuss it then. I don't know if wizards have come out with a epic supplement, but we can see how things work with players lvls 20 and up.

Text or Voice: Voice and text
Voice software used: FG's TS server, kindly provided to us, thanks!

Roleplay & Combat mix: I really prefer players who roleplay a lot and tend to focus on that rather than combat, so I would say 70/30
Number of Players in game & needed: No players yet, 5 needed
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 please create a char from the player's handbook. I would like to have a good mix of melee, ranged, magic and heals... but it's up to you guys
Character restrictions: Core classes from the player's handbook, I would like to have the character sheets by Sunday morning so I can read about the rules for each class to refresh my memory prior to the game. If needed, I can also lend you some of my own characters.

Details of your scenario: In an audacious bid for power the Cult of the Dragon, along with its dragon allies and the Red Wizards of Thay, seek to bring Tiamat from her prison in the Nine Hells to Faerun. To this end, they are sweeping from town to town, laying waste to all those who oppose them and gathering a hoard of riches for their dread queen. The threat of annihilation has become so dire that groups as disparate as the Harpers and Zhentarim are banding together in the fight against the cult. Never before has the need for heroes been so desperate.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1473

Thanks everyone and please sign up on the calendar with your preferred class/classes. I will allow multiclass when you level if you want as long as it follows the rules on the PHB.

jenovvson
June 19th, 2015, 20:51
Just what I was looking for. I can do sundays at 3 p.m your time. I used a time zone converter so that would be five o'clock my time right?

dxmichelle
June 19th, 2015, 21:02
Just what I was looking for. I can do sundays at 3 p.m your time. I used a time zone converter so that would be five o'clock my time right?

What time zone are you in?

jenovvson
June 19th, 2015, 21:10
Edt

dxmichelle
June 19th, 2015, 21:16
Should be 4pm in EDT

jenovvson
June 19th, 2015, 21:18
I was an hour ahead. It would be 4 p.m for me. So yeah I can do it.

dxmichelle
June 20th, 2015, 05:33
Yes, anyone interested, please pm me. Thanks!

Sy Tarn
June 20th, 2015, 21:02
i'm interested just shoot me some more details and i'll get going

Poopington
June 21st, 2015, 00:37
I am interested. :)

dxmichelle
June 21st, 2015, 03:10
Thanks for the interest, at this point the group is full, but I honestly haven't gotten confirmation yet from some of the members of the group, and people change plans all the time and some haven't given me a straight answer whether they can show. So for now, I don't have any spots left, but I will let you know if there are any spots opening up. I think that I should know the group pretty well by tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Blinkdemon5
June 21st, 2015, 23:42
If any spots open up let me know. My time zone is (-600) Central Standard. I'm a Level 1 High Elf Paladin (Sage - Astronomer) and am into rigorous role playing so it would be no problem for me.

NDDracula
June 22nd, 2015, 23:39
If possible, would like to be considered for Sundays game as well, if a alternate is required at some point.

dxmichelle
June 23rd, 2015, 01:24
Thanks for the interest guys, I will definitely let you know if a spot opens up!

dxmichelle
July 25th, 2015, 15:18
It looks like we have a spot open, we are currently playing Sundays at 5pm EST. If interested, we are having a game tomorrow (sorry about being short notice). I'll be on in the afternoon before the game to help catch you up on the story and/or make character sheets. We are looking for a level 2 player preferably with a bio (I try to incorporate some homebrew content with your bio). Also, if interested or have any questions, please PM me and also sign up in the game calendar (where you can see the other player's classes). https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1473

merlin19y
July 25th, 2015, 16:58
hello i was curious if any spots are open?

Xav
July 26th, 2015, 07:38
I'd like to join too, I've applied to the calendar entry, it said you were still accepting players.

dxmichelle
July 26th, 2015, 18:06
Hello, at this point we are full again! Thanks everyone!