PDA

View Full Version : I would like to play.

Sylia
June 19th, 2015, 14:54
I have never done any table top games, however I am very interested and would love to give this a try! I have no idea where to start or what to do. (I do have steam). If anyone is willing to help and or teach me how to play and where to find people to play that would be great! Thank you so much!

JohnD
June 19th, 2015, 15:09
Welcome. The Looking for Game forum is a good place to start.

dulux-oz
June 19th, 2015, 15:10
Hi Sylia, and Welcome!

Best bet is to detail what your time zone is and when you have time available to play. That will allow others to know if they can tee up with you to help you learn.

Stick with it, it might take a little while to find a group, and realise that you may not fit in with the first group you try or you may not like the first game system you play - stick with it, because you will find people you like and a system that you like.

Try out a few one-shots (as opposed to multi-session campaigns) - this will help you to determine what you do and don't like. Also, let us know the genre you like; fantasy, sci-fi, post apocalyptic, wild west, horror, wild west horror... the list is endless, as is the possible role playing games - basically, if there's a movie, tv or book style then there's a role-playing game in that style as well.

Final piece of advice: check out the various Tutorial Videos available on the FG Wiki. damned's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below). Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the way Fantasy Grounds works is that most of the RPG systems are built on top of the CoreRPG, so learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG will stand you in good stead for playing any RPG with Fantasy Grounds.

And have fun :)

Cheers

Mask_of_winter
June 19th, 2015, 15:49
FGDaze is on Saturday June 27th. It's an event aimed at giving new comers a chance to try out a game. There are still a few seats open for some of the games. Have a look and if you need help getting situated don't hesitate to ask.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?97-FGDaze

Welcome to the community!

Sylia
June 19th, 2015, 21:48
Thank you so much! I just installed the game and have the key and everything. Just need to read up on things as well as find a group! Will keep on working on this and hopefully play something tonight if at all possible.

seycyrus
June 19th, 2015, 22:04
Thank you so much! I just installed the game and have the key and everything. Just need to read up on things as well as find a group! Will keep on working on this and hopefully play something tonight if at all possible.

What games have you played? You mention that you have never played table top games... What games have you heard of?

Sylia
June 20th, 2015, 02:21
I have heard of D&D. I have played Warhammer 40k about 10 years ago, but don't really remember too much about it. I have mainly played online MMOs.

damned
June 20th, 2015, 02:30
2 new sessions just posted at FGDaze!
Some pulp action in the jungles of Brazil! What is the "Eye of Kilquato"?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1474
and
some old school Top Secret! Espionage at its sneaky best!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1472

The actual play times have yet to be posted but will be on Saturday the 27th.