PDA

View Full Version : RMU beta version 2

hawkwind
June 19th, 2015, 07:33
Just downloaded the new version and what I have read so far i really like. What are the chances of FG ruleset of the final version? Also I just got the current RMC ruleset in the current sale and i have got say its the best looking FG ruleset, definitely better looking than the Pathfinder and 5e rulesets!

Dakadin
June 19th, 2015, 08:22
We have Raymond "Shockbolt" Gaustadnes to thank for the graphics. He did an amazing job with them. :D

I actually played RMU beta 1 for about 8 months using an extension I created. It worked pretty well for the most part. The toughest thing was the lack of creatures really slowed down my prep time so I eventually went back to playing RMC. I noticed that RMU beta 2 has creatures now and treasures are soon to follow. I haven't had a chance to look at beta 2 besides a quick skim through. I hope to have a ruleset for it but need to finish the RMC CoreRPG conversion. It's been tough working on it because of how different the RMC ruleset is and real life threw me a few curve balls.

Please let me know if you have any questions on how the RMC ruleset works since it handles things a bit differently than the other rulesets.

hawkwind
June 19th, 2015, 10:32
the documentation and the videos have answered all my questions so far, if i run a game I might borrow bits from the new RMU to use, the new action point Initiative system looks great and would easy to use in FG and experience system is lot more managerable than the RM2

jshauber
June 19th, 2015, 21:34
OOOOHHHHH, must...get...rules.....

Always loved Rolemaster and have played in some RMC games on FG and had one campaign fall apart about 3 months into it so always looking for a new game/campaign. Maybe RMU will reignite interest.

lachancery
June 25th, 2015, 04:39
I haven't had a chance to look at beta 2 besides a quick skim through. I hope to have a ruleset for it but need to finish the RMC CoreRPG conversion. It's been tough working on it because of how different the RMC ruleset is and real life threw me a few curve balls.

Hey Dakadin! Been a while. I expect to have time by this Fall to start a new campaign, and I'd like to use RMU to run it. You know how to reach me if you need any help moving forward... :)

Dakadin
June 25th, 2015, 07:53
Hi Lachancery! Yes it has been a while. I will send you an email tomorrow.

Chris_Seal
June 25th, 2015, 14:41
Hi Dakadin,

Let me know if I can help out too.

Cheers
Chris

Dakadin
June 25th, 2015, 21:32
Thanks Chris. I will send you an email tonight also.

I haven't had a chance to read through the latest version of RMU so I am not sure how different it is from the beta 1 version.

JohnD
June 25th, 2015, 22:50
Hey Dakadin! Been a while. I expect to have time by this Fall to start a new campaign, and I'd like to use RMU to run it. You know how to reach me if you need any help moving forward... :)

I'd love to play in that if you have room Yves.

jshauber
June 27th, 2015, 14:27

DIBS ON A SPOT!!!!!

Can never get enough Rolemaster!!!

Tiqon
July 6th, 2015, 14:10
If you dont have time to read the new beta2 rules, check out Jdale's posts, where he goes through some of the more important stuff (compared to Beta1).

https://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?board=200.0

Look for posts like this:

3. Characters

He marks the posts like that with, the chapter.

The new creature law is MASSIVE (around 1000 pages, I kid you not). The content is just dropped in without much formatting, so it can be hard to read... Lots and lots is about how to make new creatures and the many talents creatures can have (EVERYTHING is a talent; movement, attacks, defences and special abilities, a creatures will have both a talent for how to move on ground, and have a talent for movement in the air, if it can fly, etc). It's all very interesting way to do it (seems a lot like a combination of the abilities for D&D creatures, but added a cost which makes me think of powers in Fantasy hero, It is very demanding on the GM I think, as I need to know what all those talents means....

lachancery
July 8th, 2015, 17:13
Thanks for the tip, Tiqon. I am indeed out of touch with the state of RMU. I'll be reacquainting myself with the ruleset and RMU before labour day... ...hopefully!

Happy to see jshauber and JohnD's enthusiasm for the game. I'll follow up on this forum as I'm getting nearer the start date. I'm contemplating using a pre-written Adventure Path to ease the burden on myself, likely one published by Paizo. If anyone has a campaign they've been hoping to play, post it here; who knows, it may sway my decision. :)

Trenloe
July 8th, 2015, 19:24
Happy to see jshauber and JohnD's enthusiasm for the game. I'll follow up on this forum as I'm getting nearer the start date. I'm contemplating using a pre-written Adventure Path to ease the burden on myself, likely one published by Paizo. If anyone has a campaign they've been hoping to play, post it here; who knows, it may sway my decision. :)
I'll be keen - as long as I can play a halfling? ;)

I've always been interested in the role-playing and intrigue of Curse of the Crimson Throne (https://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/curseOfTheCrimsonThrone). Perhaps playing a halfling for that AP wouldn't be such a good idea... The upcoming Hell's Rebels (https://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/hellsRebels) sounds cool, and I always like something with an Egyptian influence: Mummy's Mask (https://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/mummysMask). Curse of the Crimson Throne was made for 3.5E OGL, so it will probably be easier to convert into RM than the more recent Pathfinder APs.

A lot of people I've spoken to really rate the Red Hand of Doom (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/28797/Red-Hand-of-Doom-3e?it=1) super adventure. There's a DMs handbook available here: https://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?171284-The-3-5-Red-Hand-Of-Doom-Handbook-for-DMs-Major-spoilers!-WIP-PEACH! Red Hand of Doom is frequently in the top 10/20 D&D modules of all time rankings. It starts at level 6 though, so may need some preliminary work to get the PCs up to the right level.

Loads more I could suggest if you want some more?

damned
July 9th, 2015, 00:07
Trenloe we played the Red Hand of Doom using Castles & Crusades. I had to strongly suggest the players didnt visit the GhostLord when they first discovered his presence. Other than that I think it works/worked pretty well.

Blackfoot
July 9th, 2015, 06:55
I'm always up for some Rolemaster with lachancery... was very bummed when our last game ended.

As far as paizo APs go.. The Mummy's Mask looks pretty cool... I'm not sure about Skulls & Shackles.. I played the 1st book (with a group that folded (including Trenloe) due to GM disappearance) and it seemed like it had some confusing motivations. Has anyone heard anything good about the Serpent's Skull? Giantslayer might work well with RM.

lachancery
July 9th, 2015, 14:08
I'm interested in Skull & Shackles as a player, so I won't be choosing that one for sure. S&S is an AP that requires some "team sport planning" ahead of time, and characters must be created with the AP in mind; it is a rather specific theme and direction. Characters that are not built for the AP would likely feel like square pegs and round holes...

I'm currently playing in Mummy's Mask (that's my current avatar picture); that's a possibility for the fall.

jshauber
July 15th, 2015, 22:29
Mummy's Mask wouldn't work for me as I am playing it with you, so lots of not doing anything to contribute as I pretend I have no clue what is happening.

Serpent's Skull has always sounded interesting and I have a couple friends that loved the Reign of Winter path.

Truthfully, as long as we are playing RoleMaster I don't care what we do, maybe go old school and convert one of those.