PDA

View Full Version : Saving Throw Bug?

ChopperDave
June 19th, 2015, 03:05
New to the program but what I'm trying to do seems straight forward enough.

I created a new dragonborn character and drug the "Breath Weapon" power straight from the PHB(purchased from FG) to the actions part of the character sheet. That worked but when I tested the saving throw out on another character I had targeted it didn't roll a d20. Attacks would work and the damage from the breath weapon would work as well. When I changed the save type from base to any of the other stats it worked. This isn't a solution as there is no stat modifier on "Breath Weapon"

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2015, 14:23
Not sure what you are saying here specifically.

I've tested this by dragging the power onto the character sheet and it seems to be working properly. It has set up the power correctly for me with a CON saving throw and giving half damage on the save. The only thing it doesn't do is determine the exact damage type since the PC can choose from a number of different types. This has to be added manually.

To make an attack with the breath weapon you would either target the enemy and then click on the cast button or drag the cast button onto the individual in the combat tracker or the map. This is what forces the saving throw. You then drag or click on the damage part.

Is it possible that this is not how it's being done or is there some other problem that is occurring?

TASagent
June 19th, 2015, 14:43
I see what you're talking about, ChopperDave. I don't think you were setting what you think you were setting.

If you inspect the Breath Weapon attack line, you see this:

That first box, labeled "type" specifies the type of saving throw targets need to make. If you left that as "Base" then that means you haven't specified the type of saving throw. It would be literally impossible to roll (generally speaking). This isn't a stat modifier you're setting, this is what determines what they need to roll, and it's either Dex or Con based on your draconic heritage.

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2015, 15:09
I see what you're talking about, ChopperDave. I don't think you were setting what you think you were setting.

If you inspect the Breath Weapon attack line, you see this:

That first box, labeled "type" specifies the type of saving throw targets need to make. If you left that as "Base" then that means you haven't specified the type of saving throw. It would be literally impossible to roll (generally speaking). This isn't a stat modifier you're setting, this is what determines what they need to roll, and it's either Dex or Con based on your draconic heritage.

This is interesting. When I dragged this into a character it actually came up with the CON type for the save (which meant it all worked). After your post I tried it again and it has come up with Base in the type but CON in the stat.

Whatever, TAS is correct once dragged in you will need to set the correct stat in the effect otherwise it won't be able to roll the correct saving throw.

TASagent
June 19th, 2015, 15:16
It could be related to how you set up the race? I didn't actually set up a proper dragonborn, I just dragged the power to "Test Char - Please Ignore", a character with an embarrassingly large array of abilities and effects. It could be that following the proper procedure will fill it in.

TASagent
June 19th, 2015, 15:21
Scratch that. I see no way to let FG "know" what your draconic heritage is. As such, there should be no way for it to properly fill in the save type automatically, as it can be either Dex or Con.

ChopperDave
June 19th, 2015, 16:01
Ah! Yes, I see. I didn't read the Draconic Ancestry close enough to see what save was required. My mistake. Thanks for your help.